Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

#1   Report Post  
    Old 12-03-2011, 03:16 AM

Send a message via AIM to PatchRowcester Send a message via MSN to PatchRowcester Send a message via Yahoo to PatchRowcester
    Default Top Customer Service From Amazon & Bad Experience With BF3

By the end of it all, folks are probably going to call me troll, retard, noob and other colorful adjectives.

Let me assure you, I am not. I am describing my experience with BF3 and with Amazon, so this may help someone out there like me.

So I purchased BF3 on Amazon yesterday (I know, I missed the Cyber Monday deal on EA. I was sick). I couldnít wait to start playing. I configured Origin to download the game to my D drive, and I started the download. This is where things started going wrong.

1. Origin decided to install the game on C drive. This pissed me off because I was running out of space. So now, I moved the directory, uninstalled the game, and reinstalled it.
    2. I started a multiplayer game Ė I configured the server filter and I was confronted with this:

That didnít make any sense to me. The game was telling me something went wrong?? Wtf. I donít know if itís a problem at my end, or if itís the server.

Fine, I moved to another server, and then started played. I got owned, and then I got a few kills. I was pretty happy. I played a few rounds with my friends, and then I decided to change the server, and try a different game mode.

Again the same problem. I tried 4 different servers with the same problem. At this point, I was tired. My computer may be slow by recent standards (I have a Q9400 with 8GB DDR2 RAM), but loading levels took its time, and I was tired of staring at the screen. The problem was, the game wouldnít quit right away. After loading for a minute or two, it would then say, there was something wrong, and quit.

After numerous such attempts, I was sick of it.

I called Amazon customer support, and I explained my problem. The representative was very helpful and agreed to let me return the game. This is the email they sent me.

I'm really sorry that you're not able to play "Battlefield 3" because of all of the glitches that are happening.

Amazon will never ask you to pay for software that you're just not able to use, so I'm more than happy to issue you a full refund of the $49.51 that was paid for the order.

This refund should go through within the next 2 to 3 business days and will appear as a credit on your next credit card billing statement.

In the end, I was sad that BF3 didnít work out for me. I really loved the game when it was working, but I am not going to spend my time trying to make the game work. I wanted to play it.

Perhaps there is something wrong at my end, perhaps not. Bottom-line was that was dissatisfied, and Amazon let me return the product, and gave me back my money.

You have earned my loyalty, Amazon!
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 12-03-2011, 03:41 AM

I love BF3, but this is not a generic hate thread. BF3 does have its bugs. I have been having good luck with BF3, getting few bugs.

But of course, haters gonna hate without reading the thread and think it is a BF3 hate thread instead of Amazon customer support experiences thread.
    We told you not to science, but you did you scienced anyway. You scienced that scientist with all the science in science. Following your explosive act of science upon the scientist, he scienced in retaliation that your sciencely method of sciencing could have scienced more scientifically.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 12-03-2011, 03:55 AM

Send a message via AIM to PatchRowcester Send a message via MSN to PatchRowcester Send a message via Yahoo to PatchRowcester

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nydus View Post
    I love BF3, but this is not a generic hate thread. BF3 does have its bugs. I have been having good luck with BF3, getting few bugs.

But of course, haters gonna hate without reading the thread and think it is a BF3 hate thread instead of Amazon customer support experiences thread.
    In the end that's what it is. I wanted to give credit where it is due. BF3 is clearly not for me. I will stick to playing TF2.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 12-03-2011, 07:13 AM
    Banned

Glad you got your money back. I wish I could for mine but I doubt Gamestation would refund a PC game. Maybe though I can go back to it in a year or so and it may be playable. Saying that MW4 will probably be out by then anyway lol.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 12-03-2011, 09:55 AM

I'm guessing that Amazong refunded BF3 only because EA was giving refunds.

They don't give refunds for any other PC game that I know about.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 12-03-2011, 10:08 AM

Problem is, sometimes with a PC you have to spend some time to get a game working, thats just down to all the different potential hardware/software configurations.i had a problem with BF3 when I started playing it but unlike a google search and I fixed the problem in half an hour.

Nice customer service by Amazon. they are a terrific company for CS.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 12-03-2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mindless1 View Post
    I'm guessing that Amazong refunded BF3 only because EA was giving refunds.

They don't give refunds for any other PC game that I know about.
    It my be their policy not to give refunds but Amazon are normally very good if you just ask. Not PC Software I know, but I returned a box set where the last disk was faulty so I was well outside the 30day window normally accepted for returns, I explained that it simply took me 6 months to get to that disk and they were quite happy to replace the set despite their terms and conditions saying nothing of the kind.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 12-03-2011, 06:16 PM

I tried everything I could do to find a solution to the problem. The thing is, I don't know what the problem was. The game saying, something went wrong, was just stupid as hell, IMO.

I am not sure what the policy of EA or Amazon is, but purchasing the product from Amazon has been a true blessing. If not for them, I would be angry about having spent the money when there are a ton of other games I could buy with that kind of money.

I don't know if anyone else found this issue, but it has been happening too often for me, and it was tiring. I didn't want to deal with it. When I realized how flawless my experience with TF2 is, I couldn't think of a reason I should even be spending time trying to fix the game when I could be playing a more fun game instead.