Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

#11   Report Post  
    Old 10-22-2011, 08:59 AM
    Banned

I imagine they are doing this to stop people going on servers with enhanced XP and getting you to max prestige with one kill. Don't see how that is screwing the PC community. They are not stopping people playing modded servers. God some PC gamers are annoying. Back when I classed myself as a PC gamer I am sure we wern't such annoying fanboys.
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 10-22-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cartoon Head View Post
    I imagine they are doing this to stop people going on servers with enhanced XP and getting you to max prestige with one kill. Don't see how that is screwing the PC community. They are not stopping people playing modded servers. God some PC gamers are annoying. Back when I classed myself as a PC gamer I am sure we wern't such annoying fanboys.
    I never had much problems with hacked servers for CoD4. Only was a real problem with Modern Warfare 2, as you could end up on such a server even if you didn't want to.
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 10-22-2011, 11:00 AM
    Banned

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kan Hassen View Post
    On one hand it is nice that DS admins can just say "Fuck it, unlock everything." Which IMO kindof balances out the "can't advance" thing. Can't advance, but you can have everything unlocked if you wish which is BA.

I'll probably stick to the Ranked matchmaking though cause I HATE it when admins set rules like "Can't use that cause I'm a whiny 12YO who can't handle people actually playing the game they want to."
    So, when I put rules on that you can't use X item and Y perk, does that reduce my age by 8 years and make me a whiny kid?

Good logic, retard.
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 10-22-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ZapJohn View Post
    So, when I put rules on that you can't use X item and Y perk, does that reduce my age by 8 years and make me a whiny kid?
    Yes. Now go to your room and you can forget about supper. Oh, and your grounded, for a month.
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 10-22-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ZapJohn View Post

Good logic, retard.
    Only if you whine about it. I got into a Blops server one time and I hadn't ranked up at all. Basically JUST started, so I had to use the presets. I got banned cause the Assault preset used a perk that the admins didn't like.

Banned for playing the game. ISN'T THAT FUN?

Also you took my comment out of context. I said I hate it WHEN they do that which indicates it doesn't always happen and that some admins are pretty cool guys. Apart from the whiney 12 year olds.

If you put on rules and have a legitimate defense, then I can't really say anything other than "Oh okay." and play on.

So yes, my logic is good. Great even. Thank you for noticing. <3 ilu2
    Motherboard-Asus P5KPL-VM
    Case-Nzxt TEMPEST
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 10-22-2011, 03:48 PM

Hunting for servers were grenade launchers are hated and they spaming them when the admins leave is great fun.
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 10-22-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Hunting for servers were grenade launchers are hated and they spaming them when the admins leave is great fun.
    And this is why I like what they are doing with MW3. Instead of having server rules displayed on the screen periodically, so players like Varcaus can intentionally ignore it just to be a prick, or players like Kan Hassen can be ignorant and act like they can't read, the server admin can simply disable those items they don't want on their server.

It's so hypocritical for PC gamers to demand features like dedicated servers and mod support, and then find a way to put down MW3 for giving more control to PC gamers.

As for ranking, seems an entirely reasonable compromise to me since it would be very easy to abuse the leveling system on a dedicated server. I'll happily trade the pseudo-RPG level-up gimmick for proper dedicated server support any day.
      #18   Report Post  
    Old 10-22-2011, 10:01 PM

I have no issue with this. It's for the same reason that they don't let you rank up on your own private servers - it's to stop 2 people hopping onto a server that they own / are admins of and cheating the system.

Battlefield 2 only tracked and recorded stats for the purposes of rankings, unlocks and medals etc on ranked servers, and these had to be run by an "approved hosting company" and would cost quite alot of money, paid monthly to be kept running. So while you could technically cheat the system in BF2 by paying for your own dedicated server, you'd be paying real life money for it. In MW3 there is no option to do this - I see no issue with this whatsoever.
      #19   Report Post  
    Old 10-24-2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kan Hassen View Post
    Only if you whine about it. I got into a Blops server one time and I hadn't ranked up at all. Basically JUST started, so I had to use the presets. I got banned cause the Assault preset used a perk that the admins didn't like.

Banned for playing the game. ISN'T THAT FUN?
    *Looks at server list*
    HOLY SHIT THERE'S MORE THAN ONE SERVER!
    *joins another server*
    O.M.F.G. THIS ONE ALLOWS GRENADE LAUNCHERS! IS THE WORLD FUCKING ENDING?!

derp.

Tags

bf3, iwnet, mw3