Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU)

#1   Report Post  
    Old 06-23-2011, 05:55 AM

Default What happend to Arthas when he died in end of WoTLK?

What do you think happend to Arthas (The Lich King) after he died? Make a post what you think happend or will happen in the future.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 06-27-2011, 11:54 PM

Well, I hate to be final about the whole thing, but I think he died... that's it. Just dead. Nada.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 06-28-2011, 01:25 AM

Arthas Menethil is dead. You see him die

The Lich King (Ner'zhul aspect) remains frozen upon the......well.......frozen throne. There he will be locked in a battle of wills with Bolvar Fordragon, until one of them eventually wins, spawning some lore, a novel, or a Warcraft game of some sort. Perhaps a WoW expansion, perhaps another Warcraft game.

Of course there's also the possibility that they might just stay battling wills forever, but this seems somewhat unlikely given the way that the Lich King has already managed to return once from being frozen in Icecrown Citadel. Past Blizzard form also suggests the return of the Lich King, with the hero of Diablo 1 battling against the soul shard he jammed into his forehead (like a tool). A battle which he lost fairly quickly, giving rise to the events of Diablo 2.

My opinion on the matter is that the next time he is seen the Lich king will either face his ultimate demise or redemption in some kind of ultra-apocalypse involving all manner of demons and Burning Legion types. Perhaps, if it ends with a bang, in the final WoW expansion.

PS - the possibility of redemption lies with a small point relating to the merged souls issue. Arthas Menethil was judged beyond redemption by Tirion Fordring. He said nothing of Ner'zhul.

Last edited by Klogaroth; 06-28-2011 at 01:34 AM.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 09-06-2011, 12:39 PM

I think Kael Thas will probably bring him back to life, to form his council. The final encounter of the game will involve the players fighting Kael Thas (again) who is riding on Onyxxia (because Onyxxia has been proven to increase the enjoyment of any of the 27 encounters she has previously been featured in). Once you kill Onyxxia you will have to engage kael Thas, who will monologue for the entire fight while shooting fireballs at the raid endlessly.

After a while, Anub Arak will burrow out the floor, because he was annoyed at being such a major figure in Warcraft 3 then shoved into a terrible 5 man / terrible 10 man / terrible 25 man. His thirst for vengeance, combined with his desire to be part of an entertaining encounter, will make him fierce indeed. The raid will be forced to offtank him for the whole fight while burning kael Thas down. The DPS race will be intense, as Kael Thas will gain a damage buff called "ferocious rhetoric" which stacks for every 5 seconds he is allowed to ramble on about magic, his people, and various setbacks. Once Kael dies, the raid turns on Anub Arak, who will burrow around the room in a new and dynamic fight mechanic. Once Anub Arak dies, the floor will collapse and the whole raid falls through the earth and goes to live out the rest of their days in peace and happiness in the tranquil woodland paradise of Zul Gurub.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 09-06-2011, 10:11 PM

I want to see that raid
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 09-20-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Klogaroth View Post
    Arthas Menethil is dead. You see him die

The Lich King (Ner'zhul aspect) remains frozen upon the......well.......frozen throne. There he will be locked in a battle of wills with Bolvar Fordragon, until one of them eventually wins, spawning some lore, a novel, or a Warcraft game of some sort. Perhaps a WoW expansion, perhaps another Warcraft game.
    The Lore is already set that Ner'zhul is already dead, so that kind of kills that theory. However, Bolvar is now stuck trying to control the Mindless Undead, so there is a chance that this will drive him Insane and lead to another Lich king.

However, I do hope that this is the end of the entire Lich King storyline. As much as I loved it, bringing it back would feel too forced.