Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Win

#1   Report Post  
    Old 08-28-2011, 11:06 PM

Default Raid Report 28/8/11 - The Revengening

On raid:

Ulthane
    Oskrylith
    Barkhoof
    Dudutroll
    Wyrmy
    Belara
    Bimble
    Dreig
    Isilindal
    Hubitrix

Loot: Dreig got a bunch of stuff again.

After a slightly late start - Osk had to respec, Isil has a life and Ulthane cannot work complex machinery like door handles - we stomped back into Firelands in a bit of a strop and took out all Thursday's frustrations on some unsuspecting Beth'tilac trash. While I appreciate enthusiasm, jumping up and down on Spiderlings and Kindleworms shrieking "How you like me now, soft fleshy things?!" is perhaps taking it a little too far. We moved on to Beth, and while some stray spiderlings from the last pack saw us wipe the first time, we got her down in short order or the second try.

Then it was on to Ryolith, where all our bravado was for naught as he dispatched us with as much frustrating ease as last time. It was going pretty much the same way - everything fine until suddenly we couldn't turn him quick enough and the damage overwhelmed us. Eventually though, it just clicked, and what I thought was an impending wipe suddenly turned into a clean kill without really changing anything much. Having raid markers up helped, having the ranged stack up better helped, having the melee use cooldowns at more effective times helped, having more dps on the boss as opposed to the adds helped. In short, everything we were doing already, just slightly refined. That's what's annoying about this boss - we know exactly what we're meant to be doing, and it's not especially hard. But anything less than total focus will wipe us. And even if things are going perfectly, we can still get unlucky. In short, to paraphrase a wise shaman: Fuck that guy.

Then we poked our heads into Baleroc for the last 20 minutes or so, and it went better than I expected. Several people hadn't seen the tactic we used to get him down last time, but they picked it up easily enough. In the end, we just didn't have the dps to down him. Honestly, if we'd have had another hour, we probably could have, though. As I said, having 2 hunters is not good for this fight, but with a few more refinements (and if I'd gone BM like I did last time to reduce the impact of being in melee range, someone remind me to do that next time...) we probably could've overcome that. Again, we know what we're doing there, and it's not as viciously and pointlessly random as Ryolith. Then again, neither is Russian Roulette.

Then it was off to BH, and so to bed. Though we did wipe once on that too. I know it's only Occu'thar, but we still do have to do slightly more than spam /fart emotes at him.

That was a bit rambly, but I think we learned some useful things tonight. Paramount among them the exact extent to which Ryolith can shove his volcanoes up his arse.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 08-30-2011, 08:47 AM

I was so happy to kick Ryolith's arse again. It was definatley better having 3 dps on the legs full time and 2 dps on the adds.

I think it is a good idea to leave new bosses until the start of a new raid rather then try at the end of one.

Realm First! Zen Master Cook - 25th Sep 2012
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 08-30-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Belara View Post
    Fuck that guy.
    Gj guys. Not sure if i'll be on tonight - see other thread. Keep up the good wok!
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 08-30-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Belara View Post
    Ulthane cannot work complex machinery like door handles
    I know how a door works! it's just a bit hard to get back in if you have no key...
    Ulthaze the Astral Walker - 85 Goblin Tailoring Priest - PCG Alt

Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ulth