Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Eve Online > General Discussion

#1   Report Post  
    Old 09-16-2010, 12:57 PM

Default Ship Setups - PvP

Glancing over the killboard losses over my lunch I thought it might be handy to have a thread exclusively for showing/asking questions about fitting ships for PvP. Just post up any fits you might be using or planning to use to get some advice and give other people some fresh ideas on how to setup/fly their preferred mode of destruction.

This is a Stabber setup I'll be using in about a week if Evemon is anything to go by:

[Stabber, PvP]
    Overdrive Injector System I
    Nanofiber Internal Structure I

10MN MicroWarpdrive I
    Warp Disruptor I
    Large Shield Extender I

220mm Vulcan AutoCannon I, EMP M
    Assault Missile Launcher I, Sabretooth Light Missile
    Assault Missile Launcher I, Sabretooth Light Missile

Hobgoblin I x1

2400 m/s
    1+10km range for the Autocannons
    < 18km range for the Assault Launchers
    Capacitor usage is pretty good with low skills
    107 dps
    436 volley damage (as EFT still doesn't combine missile and turret volley damage?)

As with most of my current setups it's all T1 because it's cheap and that's all I can actually use right now just scale up to T2 or best named depending on your skills/isk.

Your going to be in web/scram range to do any kind of damage so this is a cruiser to be used in a fleet rather than solo as the LSE is only a minor tank that allows you to take a hit before you move out of range.

2400 m/s is quite nippy and will normally let you run back to a gate or burn away from the gate with the LSE absorbing the initial damage while speedtanking most damage.

The effectiveness of this setup is massively increased with T2 ACs and medium ambit extension rigs, but it's still a reliable and fun cruiser to use with just T1 fittings.

In the complete opposite direction is the long range fit Rupture:

[Rupture, PvP]
    Reactor Control Unit I
    Gyrostabilizer I
    Tracking Enhancer I
    Tracking Enhancer I

10MN MicroWarpdrive I
    Warp Disruptor I
    Large Shield Extender I

650mm Artillery Cannon I, Depleted Uranium M
    Standard Missile Launcher I, Sabretooth Light Missile

Warrior I x4

1507 m/s
    22+28km range for the Arty so you'll be reliably hitting out to around 30-40km (although pushing it at 40km)
    31km range for the standard missile launchers
    Capacitor usage is good with low skills
    96 dps
    614 volley damage - including missile damage

T1 fit because I'm cheap yadda yadda yadda, but T2 and rigs really make a long range fit shine (particularly rigs) and this fit works much better on a Hurricane (or better yet a Muninn) , but if you don't want to spend 30mil or so on a Battlecruiser hull I've used this in the past and it works ok. 720s are also really much better, but if you have to use more than 2 fitting modules to cram on some higher tier guns you probably shouldn't be fitting them on in the first place. I've also put a point on as having plenty of points in a fleet is never a bad thing, but a sensor booster or tracking computer can both be used instead if you've got plenty of tacklers. The standards add a little more damage, but are also nice to harass tacklers and it's the same for the warriors.

Long range fits only really have a place in fleets as with more than 5 or so people the ability to put out large amounts of damage instantaneously and at range starts to outweigh the increased dps of close range fits.

Oh and SHC is still the best place to find good and interesting setups:

[url]http://www.scrapheap-challenge.com/viewforum.php?f=3[/url]
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 09-16-2010, 09:58 PM

Hard for me to give you "cheap and accessible" setups as that for me means T2 setups. If you want a setup around your specific skills mail me your eve api key and the ship you want + how much willing to spend on it and I'll try my best to help out.

A CR Frig killer Rupture:

[Rupture, Frig killer cheap t1 no skills]
    1600mm Reinforced Crystalline Carbonide Plates I
    Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane I
    Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane I
    Damage Control I
    Gyrostabilizer I

Y-T8 Overcharged Hydrocarbon I Microwarpdrive
    Stasis Webifier I
    Warp Scrambler I

Dual 180mm AutoCannon I, EMP M
    Small Energy Neutralizer I
    Small Energy Neutralizer I

Warrior I x5

REMEMBER WHEN FITTING "cheap" - Due to mineral composition some named t1 stuff which is better than meta 1 will be CHEAPER and perform BETTER than meta 1 items. Always check!

Eveboard
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 09-17-2010, 07:18 AM

Oh don't get me wrong feel free to post up T2 setups. I'm sure people here have the brains to adapt them to their capabilities, I'm just posting up these T1 fits as it's all I can fit either now or in the next few weeks and I prefer not to theorycraft on ships I can't fly now or haven't flown in a long time.

Good point on item meta levels (I was too lazy to check on Eve Central and EFTs price checker is a bit iffy) and I'll just add that you can also find items that have better fitting requirements, but sometimes worse effectiveness than T1. These can be handy when your willing to compromise in one area to be able to fit a better, more fitting intensive module and boost your effectiveness in another area.

Last edited by Jaras; 09-17-2010 at 07:21 AM.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 09-17-2010, 07:38 AM

in fact the odd sprinkling of a t2 item can make a huge difference to your fit AND survivability- BUT remember, if you can't afford to right click- self destruct the ship and it's fittings, DON'T FLY IT>

Great idea for a thread btw chaps.

-------
    An irreverent look at gaming, and film; www.TheFunTurret.com
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 09-17-2010, 02:10 PM

Handy thread. Stickied!
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 09-20-2010, 02:31 PM

One thing that people should train up for esp in pvp is a T2 Damage control- its MUCH better than t1 and has saved my ass quite a few times. And it doesn't take long to train Mechanic to l1 and hull upgrades to l 4.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 09-20-2010, 10:54 PM

FYI EFT doesn't even come close as to combat effectiveness of ships. The only thing it's good for is to see if you can fit something before you buy it and even then it's usually off by a bit. So if the fit in EFT is tight then it may not work in eve.
    Eve: Sabr Sheppard
    I reject friend requests from random people so let me know if your going to add me.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 09-21-2010, 03:00 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    FYI EFT doesn't even come close as to combat effectiveness of ships. The only thing it's good for is to see if you can fit something before you buy it and even then it's usually off by a bit. So if the fit in EFT is tight then it may not work in eve.

No, but its a good guide and I can generally give setups which are not shit

Eveboard
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 09-21-2010, 11:12 AM

EFT is a very useful guide to performance once you have enough experience to interpret the numbers it gives you. Nothing beats actual flying, of course.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 09-25-2010, 08:19 AM

A couple of people were asking about ECM so these are what I used to fly:

[Griffin, PvP]
    Signal Distortion Amplifier I

1MN MicroWarpdrive I
    ECM - Spatial Destabilizer I
    ECM - Phase Inverter I
    ECM - Ion Field Projector I

Hobgoblin I x1

Always handy to carry a few spare racial jammers in your cargo should you get the opportunity to refit for a fight vs a specific fleet and they're only 10k a pop.
    Cheap and cheerful while still pissing people off and contributing to the fleet these are fun little ships if you like imagining people throwing their keyboard across the room.

[Blackbird, PvP]

10MN MicroWarpdrive I
    ECM - Spatial Destabilizer I
    ECM - Phase Inverter I
    ECM - Ion Field Projector I
    ECM - White Noise Generator I
    ECM - White Noise Generator I

Heavy Missile Launcher I, Thunderbolt Heavy Missile
    Medium Remote Armor Repair System I

Some people like fitting 1600mm to them, but personally I prefer not to get damaged at all and improve my effectiveness while I'm still in the fight.
    Remote rep is always handy to have for after fights particularly in T1 Cruiser gangs.
    You can go for a multispec in the last mid slot, but I prefer having another racial due to lower cap/fitting
    Heavy Missile Launchers can be swapped for assaults to annoy frigate pilots that might try and kill you, but in all honesty I prefer to jam them and warp out and then warp back in from another direction in larger fights as most of the time something larger will warp to whatever frigate you're trying to kill and things won't end well for you.

General tips:
    Get used to running away a lot. You're going to be forced to warp off during fights and you will be primary.
    If you're jumping into an enemy fleet then wait a few seconds for your fleet to jump through and engage before you jump through, at that point you look for the easiest/closest celestial to warp to and then warp back in at your optimal. Don't try and burn away from the gate you aren't fast enough for that.
    Racial jammers can be used on other races ships, but their effectiveness is reduced so when that interceptor is tackling you put every jammer on them to make sure you're going to get out.
    When you warp out make sure you ask in chat for a warpin and as soon as you see that 'www' warp to 70 and align to a celestial straight away while locking up anything in range
    Beware of drones, as soon as people see you they will immediately put their drones on you
    Situation awareness is key to being a great ECM pilot. You should be able to look at your overview and know what you can effectively jam and then what the most important target is for you to jam while always being aware of what's going on around you.

Edit: and as said above you can get cheap named items that will really improve your effectiveness/fitting so try and pick those up.

Last edited by Jaras; 09-25-2010 at 08:23 AM.