Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Win

#1   Report Post  
    Old 08-18-2011, 10:12 PM

Default Raid report 18/8/11

On raid:
    Goffik
    Ulthane

Barkhoof
    Dudutroll
    Wyrmy

Belara
    Bimble
    Isilindal/Dreig (in for Beth'tilac and compensatory loots after he got all his stuff nicked)
    Leegund
    Oskrylith

Loot:
    MS: Dreig, Dudutroll, Isilindal, Wyrmy, Belara, Hubitrix (x2)

Bosses down: Occu'thar, Shannox, Beth'tilac, Ryolith
    Bosses attempted: Baleroc (~30% on first, and best, try)
    A productive night, in which we learned many things. Some things we learned:

- The PvE drop rate in Baradin Hold has gone from paltry to meagre. We actually got some loot! Some of which we already had, of course. But also tier gloves for Hubi.
    - The amount of trash needed to spawn Shannox seems to have decreased. That trash also likes to drop BiS hunter loot. Who knew?
    - Shannox is easymode, to the extent that Isil took up his old habit of standing in ice traps just to make things interesting.
    - Beth'tilac is not easymode when you assign the dps incorrectly. When you listen to Bimble, it becomes substantially more easymode. Putting Dreig on the spinners took a lot of unnecessary strain off the healers.
    - Lord Randomlol is much less random. And while a melee-heavy raid was awkward on Beth'tilac, it was very handy here
    - Driving Ryolith is harder than it looks, but not quite as hard as I feared.
    - If you give one of your hunters to Awesome, they will kill a new boss.
    - Mages are squishy, and should re-roll as shadowpriests if they expect to kill Baleroc. I mean, seriously? Mana Shield? He laughs at your pitiful attempt at mitigation!
    - Druids are the most excellent healers, and don't need to use cooldowns, except on trash.*

*This is disputed. cf Barkhoof, "Ways in Which I Will Kill You, Stupid Druid" (Stockholm University Press 2011).
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 08-18-2011, 11:09 PM

Quote:
    That trash also likes to drop BiS hunter loot. Who knew?
    my bracer's and pole arm and crossgun that is only beat by the raggy one knew

as for giving one of your hunters to awesome we also got him some loot and broke the first rule, we downed a new boss with zalid there.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 08-19-2011, 06:47 AM

Good night I'll get my shield on Sunday for sure.

Quote of the evening though "That went from hilarious to uncomfortable incredibly quickly"
    lols
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 08-19-2011, 07:26 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Belara View Post
    - If you give one of your hunters to Awesome, they will kill a new boss.
    Yeah.....about that....uhmm....I died so many times I lost track of it. My honest appologies to Awsome.
    It took me like 3 but maybe 4 tries to get to see the pattern of the tornadoes on the bird boss, I died every single time. Tip: running around randomly does not help. It was not nice to feel that "Omg, tornadoes coming I will die". But after the team gave me advice to FOLLOW the tornadoes, get a speed buff from feathers, and switch to the next tornado when it passes, I never died again (to tornadoes ). The bad thing was not that I died (hunters are disposable ) but the fact that I used up the combat reses.
    And THEN, when they explained that "Hubi, you need a speed buff by picking up feathers" I was like "Oh, feathers like that one there? Me has speed buff from begining! -------> Ninja pull

So in all, I loved the raid but I was a little ashamed dieing so much. Anyways, thx for the raid peeps!
    Next time Awsome will rather nine-man firelands then to get a noob hunter from Win. "What? Hubi? Nooooo! Ruuuuuun!"

Last edited by Hubertos; 08-19-2011 at 07:29 AM.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 08-19-2011, 08:56 AM

Hubi Was great and did well considering a totally new fight for him. As for druids on Baleroc ,not one of my favourite fights as still getting used to it.

Little tip for dudu use thorns on the tank getting smashed in face it puts out considerable extra damage(hours on forums found this out)
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 08-19-2011, 09:05 AM

A really fun raid now that Ryolith is easy. I think we failed on Baleroc due to tiredness and I wouldn't be surprised if we one-shot him on Sunday.

Realm First! Zen Master Cook - 25th Sep 2012
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 08-19-2011, 11:05 AM

Hubi you did really well considering it was your first time seeing it.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 08-19-2011, 11:27 AM

Indeed Hubi, you picked it up much quicker than most of Team Awesome did when we have been there!
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 08-19-2011, 12:31 PM

Thx for the heads up peeps!
    During my long raiding years (from T4 onward) I consider "doing well" meaning not dieing.
    Oh yeah, I wanted to ask about the lockout now. Do I raid with Awsome this week, or do I go back to Win since Baleroc is still open? Well yeah, thinking about it, I guess I'll be in team Win for Baleroc progress....

And big thanks Belara for the polearm! <3 I actually changed 4 items today. T-Hands, T-chest, Bethtilac legs and trash polearm.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 08-19-2011, 12:31 PM

I'm getting the feeling we can start charging awesome for this type of consulting

/Moneybarks