Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Starcraft II

#21   Report Post  
    Old 08-15-2010, 10:30 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to TheBlackVista

BlackVista 192 I like co-op, on easy, I just got the game yesterday so I'm still getting the hang of it.
    4 GB DDR2
    Gigabte MA785GM-US2H
    Corsair 650-watt PSU (CMPSU-650TX)
    XFX Radeon HD 5770
    NZXT Phantom (Black)
    24-inch Gateway Monitor
    Logitech MX518
    Saitek Eclipse II
    Logitech G13
    Logitech G930
      #22   Report Post  
    Old 08-16-2010, 05:35 PM

Just today I climbed my ladder for my 1vs1 and got into the gold divison, so you can place that for the skill level thing on main page, always looking for people to play with (Zerg is my speciality, I can play protoss too tho), Any questions just ask, I might know an answer
      #23   Report Post  
    Old 08-16-2010, 08:54 PM

I went through and added everyone on the EU server. Pity about the no cross-realm play.

Would anyone be interested in organising a league for the forum or something? I think that could be fun.
      #24   Report Post  
    Old 08-16-2010, 09:52 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rope View Post
    I went through and added everyone on the EU server. Pity about the no cross-realm play.

Would anyone be interested in organising a league for the forum or something? I think that could be fun.
    A PCG league would be cool, I was thinking along those lines myself, only problem is we have such a wide skill divide right now. Maybe when we have enough players we can organise something?

Im open to suggestions.
      #25   Report Post  
    Old 08-16-2010, 11:54 PM

As I said I'm happy to help people out and give em some tips. Once you know the basics your skill level will rocket.

Maybe we could try a 2v2 league where we put pair higher and lower level players together?
      #26   Report Post  
    Old 08-17-2010, 12:13 AM

I'm highly curious as to the proportion of NA/EU players at the moment. I'm extremely wary of stepping into actual matches against other people as I don't want to steamrolled, so I'm more than willing to participate in a PCG league. Problem is, how many people are in the relative areas?

PC Gamer Game Club
    Game of the Week - Amnesia: The Dark Descent
      #27   Report Post  
    Old 08-17-2010, 01:03 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mythic View Post
    I'm highly curious as to the proportion of NA/EU players at the moment. I'm extremely wary of stepping into actual matches against other people as I don't want to steamrolled, so I'm more than willing to participate in a PCG league. Problem is, how many people are in the relative areas?
    Im not too sure what you mean. The list I compiled on the front page is pretty low on the NA side (cant work that one out myself), but being UK here, I cant really do much about that. But unless you play, you wont get any better.

"Learn to relish losing, you don't get better by winning 4 out of every 5 games, you're simply wasting time. Aim to play the toughest guys, and watch the replays of EVERY game you lose, and understand where you went wrong. This is how you become pr0." - Some pro guy on gamereplays.org

Seriously, im TERRIFIED of this game. I havent felt much excitement in an online game in years, but I swear to god, after a SC2 practice match earlier (my third online game, bar playing my kid bro of course) I thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest and break a window. And I won, somehow (its all a bit of a blur tbh). Im limiting myself to one or two games a night, purely because I wont sleep if I dont...

Its a tough game, theres so much to think about, all the time. But hit a site like gamereplays.org, watch some replays (not uber-elite micro-click-fests, just pick some with your preffered race and maybe some matchups that you might think tough), watch and try copy some tactics. The flying barracks harrass as Terrans, for example, or a fast-tech to Dark Templars as Protoss maybe.

Try to win, but expect to lose, at least at first, and try not to get pissed off.

Okay, we really should get some practice sessions in for newbies here, 1v1, people with some experience can pair with those with less and maybe run through some basic build orders/clever tricks etc. Rope and Leviethan have already said they would help out us newbs, anyone else?

I know a lot of theory, but in practice I tend to panic slightly, so Im going to concentrate on some guides and early game strat stuff. Ill try get some articles linked and maybe some BOs posted tomorrow.

This should be fun.
      #28   Report Post  
    Old 08-17-2010, 01:59 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Godl1keStev3 View Post
    Im not too sure what you mean. The list I compiled on the front page is pretty low on the NA side (cant work that one out myself)
    Oh. Well, that helps a lot. Didn't notice that there.

Watching replays does help a lot. It's how I learned to play multiplayer in CnC3 (not counting the Scrin Mothership rush). :P

PC Gamer Game Club
    Game of the Week - Amnesia: The Dark Descent
      #29   Report Post  
    Old 08-17-2010, 07:34 AM

Yup im up to some practise games with people. Like GodLikeSteve said i know a lot of tactics but kinda fail at implementing them so far online i just try to macro like mad and mass battleships :/ I PANIC LIKE CRAZY!!
      #30   Report Post  
    Old 08-17-2010, 08:25 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Godl1keStev3 View Post
    "Learn to relish losing, you don't get better by winning 4 out of every 5 games, you're simply wasting time. Aim to play the toughest guys, and watch the replays of EVERY game you lose, and understand where you went wrong. This is how you become pr0." - Some pro guy on gamereplays.org

Seriously, im TERRIFIED of this game. I havent felt much excitement in an online game in years, but I swear to god, after a SC2 practice match earlier (my third online game, bar playing my kid bro of course) I thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest and break a window. And I won, somehow (its all a bit of a blur tbh). Im limiting myself to one or two games a night, purely because I wont sleep if I dont...

Its a tough game, theres so much to think about, all the time. But hit a site like gamereplays.org, watch some replays (not uber-elite micro-click-fests, just pick some with your preffered race and maybe some matchups that you might think tough), watch and try copy some tactics. The flying barracks harrass as Terrans, for example, or a fast-tech to Dark Templars as Protoss maybe.

Try to win, but expect to lose, at least at first, and try not to get pissed off.
    That's inspirational, haha!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by IceCold View Post
    Yup im up to some practise games with people. Like GodLikeSteve said i know a lot of tactics but kinda fail at implementing them so far online i just try to macro like mad and mass battleships :/ I PANIC LIKE CRAZY!!
    One tip I can give you right off the bat is that rushing towards high tier units is generally bad idea, as they all can be pretty easily countered. I play zerg, and if I see someone moving towardsmass BCs I just build a few corruptors and the game is in the bag. Having a balanced force is definitely preferable.

Tags

pcg starcraft, starcraft, starcraft 2