Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Starcraft II

#241   Report Post  
    Old 06-10-2011, 12:22 PM

I'm in the EU Gold League under the highly imaginative name 'Nathan'.

Been trying to play against CPU's of Very hard difficulty to try and get better before getting stomped in the gold league...
      #242   Report Post  
    Old 06-10-2011, 03:37 PM

We'll need your bnet code.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/kill4pie

"The problem with religion is that they say "And these crackers are jesus' body" and you say "orly?" and they say "Fuck you eat the crackers". Science says "We evolved from monkeys" and you say "orly?" And then science can show you the path of evidence and logical reasoning that lead to that conclusion." -EGIdrA
      #243   Report Post  
    Old 06-12-2011, 06:28 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by UK-Nathan View Post
    I'm in the EU Gold League under the highly imaginative name 'Nathan'.

Been trying to play against CPU's of Very hard difficulty to try and get better before getting stomped in the gold league...
    See, I dunno what happened here, but it sounds like you did your placement matches, got placed into gold, maybe had a few matches, lost them and decided to skill up against the Very hard AI before, as you so aptly put it. 'Get stomped in the Gold league'.

If that's the case I've got a bit of a warning for ya. I made the same mistake, I've always enjoyed playing RTS skirmishes after the campaign is done. CoH and DoW both great to play skirmish on, PCG write articles on how cool it is to play Co-op against the AI on SupCom and SupCom2. But for some reason it doesn't work on Starcaft 2. The trouble is the Very hard AI is Very Very easy and it does much the same thing everytime. The only thing I've ever learnt from it is how not to scout properly.

[url=http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=download&id=214633][/url]

I'm in Bronze league, I've played a fair bit, I can't get to the top and I'm not getting promoted to silver, so I guess my MMR rating is about right. I've played I dunno 30 or so games against PCGF gold league players and I've only ever won one game. I get pwned so hard by players like Gold league Donbar and Nox it's actually embarrassing. I actually feel as if I have to apologize to them when asking for a game coz it's like a charity. What's the point in them playing me? There's absolutely no doubt what the result is gonna be. Very Hard AI plays at below bronze league level and I dunno how good you are, I'm sure you're Gold level because that's where Blizzard put you, but smashing a Very Hard AI everytime didn't help me one bit. I still do it tho now and again, coz I can warm up before playing ladder and it is sorta fun.

One thing I think it would be good for Blizzard to implement, would be a function that allows you to record build orders and then set the AI to play it against you. Or even just a selection of known strategies to choose from. ie you could ask an AI to play 6-pool or 4-gate against you so you could practice fending off that particular build, if you were struggling against it on the ladder.
      #244   Report Post  
    Old 06-12-2011, 09:59 AM

Never worry about asking me for a game congo, im always willing to help as I used to be a lot worse than you, losing 15 of my first 20 games back in beta. Currently my computer is broken but soon as i get a new one ill be willing to play with anyone who wants to
      #245   Report Post  
    Old 06-12-2011, 11:18 AM

I second what NoX says. Never be afraid of asking me for a game and that goes for anyone. I'm always happy to help people who want to try out new strategies or just have some games for the fun of it even if skill levels are vastly different.

Heck, even I occasionally will challenge Swiss or Psylon to a match I know I'm not likely to win just to try and push myself as hard as I can to up my game.
      #246   Report Post  
    Old 06-19-2011, 08:54 PM

Hey guys, had SC2 from launch, played campaign, lost at multiplayer, quit. Got back into it recently, and am dying to be better at this game, if no other, this is a game I can put time and effort into. Just looking for practice matches with bronze players who won't slag me off for being crap all the time, just wanna get better . Looking forward to playing with some of you peeps

EU Codenamebeta 378

- Intel i5 2500k (3.3ghz, thinking of overclocking but need new mobo)
    - 4GB Kingston 1333mhz DDR3 RAM
    - Asus P8H67-M
    - GTX 560ti
    - Samsung Spinpoint 1TB hard drive
    - Corsair 650 watt powersupply
    - BenQ EW2420 monitor
      #247   Report Post  
    Old 07-31-2011, 08:46 PM

Hi my character name is 'Calyo' and my code is 834.
    I play most modes just depends what mood I'm in, only been playing online for about 2 months so I'm still learning!
    I was in high silver league before the season ended in 1v1 recently. I won my placement match by a mile and got demoted to bronze league haha!
    Oh yeah and I play on the EU servers

Last edited by Calb1988; 07-31-2011 at 08:54 PM.
      #248   Report Post  
    Old 08-04-2011, 11:51 PM

Hey Calb, you should head over to the PCG channel (PC Gamer)! There's usually someone there and itīs always nice with more people!

Join the PCG StarCraft 2 Clan!

...Itīs OK
      #249   Report Post  
    Old 08-05-2011, 06:15 PM

I check in from time to time but there never seems to be anyone online, unless it's just me doing it wrong
      #250   Report Post  
    Old 08-26-2011, 05:26 PM

US Region

Doss.743

High gold/Plat. Random - I got up to diamond playing as Protoss, but now I play random because I feel its more fun. Looking for 1v1s mostly.

Tags

pcg starcraft, starcraft, starcraft 2