Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Starcraft II

#101   Report Post  
    Old 09-07-2010, 10:22 PM

I demanded his immediate and unconditional surrender.
    When he didn't conceed to that, I allowed him a conditional surrender where he could keep the kids.
    Which he agreed to.
    Best thing about my replays, the trashtalk.
    I'l put one up.
      #102   Report Post  
    Old 09-08-2010, 08:35 AM

Last night in a practice match i somehow managed to set my command centre waypoint to one of my scvs,
    did not notice this until there was about 4 chasing after 1,
    luckily it did not cost me the game.
    don't mock me to much lol
      #103   Report Post  
    Old 09-08-2010, 09:30 PM

[url=http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=download&id=147455][/url]

Another stunning victory snatched from the very jaws of defeat!
    don't neglect your marines people
      #104   Report Post  
    Old 09-10-2010, 04:12 AM

That was a pretty freaky game to watch JackRabbit. You were clearly the more skilled player but how you recovered from that big viking push I'll never know. I liked the way you ran your marines up to his base purely to cause him some pain before you died and then all of a sudden you discovered you had a couple of lost and lonely vikings and banshees up there and remarkably from a disparate bunch of marines you suddenly had a full-on little combat brigade, heroically taking on Battlecruisers!

I'd say that game ended because of the health of his remaining BC. It was nearly dead and you had nothing left bar 2 clean vikings. If he had a full health BC he may have been able to clinch it at the last....In the end he didn't even say GG and it clearly was...

Here's a game I played last night with our own GodLikeSteve (Ordo)

[url=http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=download&id=147843][/url]

I caught him out with a cheeky proxy and managed to hit him hard. He took off to his expansion and I just couldn't figure where he'd gone, I searched all over the map while he rebuilt.. He eventually got me with his Marine/Siege tank combo just when I was too far down south.

We play quite often and I've never beaten him yet but I should've done that time Doh! Well done Steve, I'll get you soon.

Last edited by Congo; 09-10-2010 at 05:08 AM.
      #105   Report Post  
    Old 09-10-2010, 08:47 AM

Wow, what an epic comeback! Well played by Steve there I think. Especially the use of Viking harass to help decrease the economic gap. And Steve, the speed seemed fast to you but not congo is because in the practice league the the game speed is set to normal, but in the ladders, and this game, it's set to faster.
      #106   Report Post  
    Old 09-10-2010, 09:35 AM

Aaaah... I see. I didnt know it was faster out of the practice league, that'll hurt when the time comes lol.

I was panicking all over the place there, made some silly mistakes (ie. Ignoring Congo's cheeky wee probe), but it was mostly luck that won the game.

I will say this though, thats the second time marines and a couple of siege tanks have won me a game, but after this incoming patch (with the siege nerf), im gonna have to rethink my plan B strategy.

GG though Congo, you are REALLY giving me a run for my money now, Im having to play every trick I know to keep up with you, and use my illusive third arm to keep the micro going
      #107   Report Post  
    Old 09-10-2010, 09:50 AM

Yeah he was all full of "THAT WAS AWESOME!!" but I think you have to give credit to how poorly I played. Now, I'm comparing that to how I have seen the game played not my general level of play, that was pretty good by my standards.

But even I can see it was terrible. Rope, what do you think I could've done better?

Personally after looking at the game again I think I should've returned all my forces to my main and continued to macro my advantage but instead I chose to hunt him down and for some dimwitted reason I couldn't find him. It's all so easy to see in hindsight. I couldn't find him but all I needed to do was to check the only expansion I hadn't already uncovered. As I keep telling Steve it's all a bit too overwhelming for me at times and I lose bladder control.

Also I was disappointed by the way I handled the attack on my main. I had 2 Zealots and 3 Stalkers there when he went in and I sent a string of Stalkers up in defence but they all ran in and got slaughtered line astern by his tanks. Ironically I had 3 immortals wandering around in the forest. Immortals are slow but still, I should've collected them and made a better fist of my main's defence.

Was a fun game tho. I outwitted him first but he outwitted me second and third. 2 outa 3 aint bad.
      #108   Report Post  
    Old 09-10-2010, 12:28 PM

There's a couple of things I think you could have done better. The main thing is really how you spend your money. You really do need to be constantly making probes and expanding when you have the chance. You also stopped making units. You were sitting at a large number of minerals but not using them. Everyone gets into the thousands of minerals, but when it happens I think it's best to throw down more unit producing structures and try to be more diligent in using the ones you have.

Another thing is how you reacted to Steve's attack. You sent your forces piecemeal. If you warped in units in your base, and also used the two groups of units you had at the bottom of the map to attack all at once, you probably would have beaten his army.
      #109   Report Post  
    Old 09-10-2010, 01:51 PM

[url=http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=download&id=147926][/url]

The above is a replay of me against a low level T player. I put it up just to demonstrate a build that has constant SCV production, which has a smooth development towards a strong push. In this replay that the other player doesn't have an efficient build, and is crushed by the first attack.
      #110   Report Post  
    Old 09-10-2010, 03:20 PM

If you knock out a main base, and they run off to their expansion and you are hunting them, leave one unit at everywhere you search, incase he runs back to rebuild where you wont expect it, zerg, use a ling or something, protoss, observers work a charm, Terran, marines are good, they can stim pack run to where ever your going to put em as gaurds

Tags

pcg starcraft, starcraft, starcraft 2