Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Magazine and site talk > Disc support

#1   Report Post  
    Old 06-15-2010, 12:22 AM

Default Cheap disk

I just received the latest issue of PCG. Great issue, but the new thinner disk came broken. Im hopping that you go back to something more substantial in the future.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 06-23-2010, 02:23 PM

.... same here; the first PC I put it in, both drives locked up ( wouldn't play at all ), the second PC would start the disc and the tabs would work, but nothing else would ( no videos, couldn't even open up the PDF ). The disc is the main reason I have the subscription; if I'm not going to get any discs that I can use, I guess I won't need the subscription anymore.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 06-30-2010, 12:54 AM

Half of the videos would not play properly on mine-horrible skipping and stuttering (tested it on FOUR different PCs). Never had that happen with the older, more robust discs. Please go back to the previous disc format!
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 07-08-2010, 07:26 AM

please never use the CHEAP discs again. i got my issue out of my po box where it had been sitting for a few days and the disc kept the bend in it from where the magizine was rolled. have you ever tried putting a warped disk in a dvd drive...

...me neither.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 07-09-2010, 04:11 AM

Sorry about that guys. Please bear with us while we work out the kinks. In the meantime, you can go here for a free replacement disc: [url]http://www.futureus.com/customer-service/disc-replacement/[/url]
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 07-18-2010, 11:06 PM

Angry September EcoDisc still no good!

I just tried the September EcoDisk, and it's crap as well. Neither my LG WH10LS30K 10X Blu-ray Burner, nor my Lite-On iHAS424-98 DVD/R-W drive like it. After a long time reading, it will finally show some files on the disc. But most of them show a size of 0. Attempts to access anything on the disc with a non-0 file size fails.

My vote is to bag the Eco disks! Please go back to REAL DVD's! PLEASE!

Regards,
    Dwaine

Last edited by Dwaine; 07-18-2010 at 11:22 PM.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 07-20-2010, 07:19 AM

Default Sept 2010 Disc

Does not work in my LG B;u-ray drive either--will recognize that there is content on the disc but no actions can be applied--please come up with a better disc solution--Thanks--
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 07-28-2010, 10:13 PM

Cool

Yup this disk locked up on me too but I had to laugh because I had been buying this mag since 1996 when the disks were thick CD roms and came in cardboard jackets with game artwork. I stopped buying the mag once they converted over to plain white sleeves.

But today I decided I would purchase this edition and I couldn't believe what I found - An "EcoDisk" LOL!! I can appreciate the veiled attempt at minimizing their Carbon Footprint but lets face it, this disk choice was motivated purely by economics and corporate cost-cutting strategies and not by any heart felt decision to go green!
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 07-28-2010, 10:20 PM

Hi Dan,

September is not a selectable option on your disc replacement page. And 4-6 weeks? Really? Wow, I hope you get this fixed before the NEXT issue!

Last edited by Dwaine; 07-28-2010 at 10:28 PM.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 07-29-2010, 11:48 PM

I just tried putting the disc in my laptop....it started spinning and making horrible sounds. I've never heard a disc drive make such a horrible, terrifying noise. On top of that, I couldn't get it to eject the disc! I had to shut off my laptop and eject it as soon as I started up again before it could continue its rape of my disc drive.