Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer

#1   Report Post  
    Old 07-25-2011, 02:59 PM

Lightbulb Gamerines!

I think this is where this should go.

Have us PCG folks got a Space marine chapter yet? We should. Space Marine is supposedly going to have full customisation, and it's only a matter of time before the Dawn of War series gets clans and stuff. Anyway, if we make one, it'll be money in the bank for any future WH40k games.

So without further ado, I present a possible brotherhood to you:

From aspiring readers...

...to veteran writers.

The colour scheme is based on the main colours of the logo, in case you haven't guessed. :P

I couldn't think of a proper name. I quite like 'Gamerines' though, because, get this, it sounds like "Gay Marines". Hah, sexuality.

Afer various failures with mice and keyboards, I decided a good symbol would be a cooling fan like the one on your CPU. There's something very heraldic about that fan - A single component working tirelessly so its comrades may perform their tasks unhindered, one that remains cool in heated situations, never stopping until the machine finally rests. This is a mockup; The real one will be a great deal neater and flashier. More to the point, I can't decide the colours. I could use some help here! Bear in mind it'll usually be on a red background, or sometimes black.

Origins? Successor chapter of the Iron Hands, hail from the planet Pi'seeji. Backstory wise, it was difficult to balance between overstretching the parody and making it too serious, so I gave up. Just concoct some shit about affinity with the machine spirits and rank determined by technological prowess. Oh, wait. I think I actually made up a backstory just then.

I'm aware that PC Gamer inevitably leans towards the evil factions, so if it pleases you there's always the Pure Chaos Guard.

I had this dumb idea about drawing a picture of Editorious, Grand Motherboard of the Gamerines, but that's another story.

Many thanks to Bolter & Chainsword for their invaluable colour scheme editor.

I do plan to update this thread with screenshots from DoW, a proper badge, maybe a banner and possibly even >[url=http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/3860/picclly004.jpg]a model[/url]<, so let's just say watch this space...

As with any sane person, I welcome suggestions! They're still missing a battlecry, for one thing...

Last edited by FlamingCarrot; 07-26-2011 at 01:27 PM.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 07-26-2011, 05:27 PM

They should entice anyone who confronts them into a dilibitating rage by waving banners of some ubelievably ugly dude who has an afilliation to an ancient vox device (read mobile phone). Even after their foe has acknowledged the banner, they should still constantly 'pop up' with said totem.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 07-26-2011, 06:23 PM

Thats awesome man! Good work! =D
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 07-26-2011, 11:16 PM

I love dawn of war 2

Join us we play Battlefield bad company and soon to be playing Battlefield 3
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 07-26-2011, 11:55 PM

Truly impressive. You matched the colors perfectly, particularly in using the matte black on the legs (namely, the Chaos Marine; something about the silver-ish accent provided by the edging makes it work beautifully). You really captured the Gothic influences for which the Warhammer 40k universe is so known.

Now, we must name a Primarch. A creed or motto would also solidify this as a chapter of the Holy Emperor's Space Marines.

Last edited by Parallax; 07-27-2011 at 12:02 AM.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 07-27-2011, 11:41 PM

Love it.

For a slogan, how about:

Bravery, Strength, Order and Duty.

It fits, yet retains the puntastic atmosphere of PCG.¨

(Though all I could think of for a battle cry was "Right click, motherfuckers, can you do it?!" which sucks.)
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 10-20-2011, 05:47 AM

That's pretty awesome dude!!! might wanna add a little more detail on the arms and legs and a little shadowing to make it more alive . but nevertheless, you really did a good job on that.