Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Eve Online > General Discussion

#1   Report Post  
    Old 07-18-2010, 08:53 AM

Default Hanger Access

I have setup hanger access so that everyone has FULL access to the first 3 hangers and can VIEW hanger 4. The hangers are:

SHIP PARTS
    ORE AND MINERALS
    BLUE PRINTS AND SKILL BOOKS
    SECURE
    (This will be used for high value assets)

Please put in anything that is spare and you do not need or cannot sell. Only take what you can use.

Realm First! Zen Master Cook - 25th Sep 2012
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 07-18-2010, 12:24 PM

Great idea. But, I strongly advise you keep everything locked (and anyone who adds anything to the hangar should lock it too). Even though anyone with access can just unlock the item to take it, doing so adds an entry to the security log, so if stuff is stolen, it's possible to identify the perpetrator and take appropriate action. You'd be surprised how many people go around joining corps with the sole intention of cleaning out their corp hangars, then leaving again.

Also, would it be possible to create a few more divisions for various purposes? I've got a selection of stuff to keep the hangars stocked with, and I'm going to buy more soon, but I'd quite like to keep the majority of it stored securely, and only have a few of each item accessible to everyone at once, so that if we do get a corp theft, the majority of stuff is safe.

So could you create a new division, and only give certain people (you, directors, and anyone who's involved in keeping hangars stocked, such as me) access? Anyone who wants to add items to the hangars should drop them into that division (don't need access to do so), and then items are moved from that to accessible divisions as needed. Security is always an important concern.

Also, could you split the 'Ship Parts' division into 'Ships' and 'Equipment', and maybe add an 'ammo' hangar? Keep BPOs/BPCs locked down in a seperate hangar to skill books too perhaps (blueprints can be 'locked down', which stops anyone from removing them from the hangar, but they can still be used for manufacture/research). As you can see, I get a bit OCD when it comes to keeping things organised :P
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 07-18-2010, 02:09 PM

If it's not clear from Terminator's post, you want to put the items in station containers (I think these have logs) or audit log secure containers. Standard containers do not have logs. Set them to automatically lock anything put in them, but leave them unpassworded if you want anyone to be able to take from them. Then at least we have a record of who's taken what.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 07-18-2010, 03:41 PM

OK, will look into it. I'll get some station containers for the hangers.

At the start I want to be fairly open as in the greater scheme of things these items are low cost. I will build up a more robust system as we grow.

Realm First! Zen Master Cook - 25th Sep 2012
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 07-18-2010, 08:42 PM

I have a bunch of stuff that I collected from a mission yesterday that I held onto so I could give it to the corp. I'm about 15 jumps away at the moment but I'll get over there to drop off stuff soon.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 07-19-2010, 10:58 AM

i've got tonnes of crap i can put in there, from exotic dancers to duplicate skill books and ammo.

i'm just figuring out how i'm going to transport all i have across to the baes. i've got 5 ships over two systems i need to sonsolodate and move... hmmm

-------
    An irreverent look at gaming, and film; www.TheFunTurret.com
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 07-19-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Spatula View Post
    i've got tonnes of crap i can put in there, from exotic dancers to duplicate skill books and ammo.

i'm just figuring out how i'm going to transport all i have across to the baes. i've got 5 ships over two systems i need to sonsolodate and move... hmmm
    I've got a hauler if you need a hand shifting stuff
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 07-19-2010, 04:42 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rambling Man View Post
    I've got a hauler if you need a hand shifting stuff
    Same here. It can only hold 25km3, but let me know if you want help.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 07-20-2010, 12:04 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Spatula View Post

I've been wondering about that, what are people goos for? I've seen all kinds from exotic dancers to various slaves on the market.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 07-20-2010, 12:25 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by redlegparatrooper View Post
    I've been wondering about that, what are people goos for? I've seen all kinds from exotic dancers to various slaves on the market.
    There are various missions that involve rescuing exotic dancers, or freeing slaves, or what have you - and if you get the people, but don't turn the mission in, you can keep them - and sell them. More people buy that kind of thing than you'd expect.