Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Rift > General Discussion

#1   Report Post  
    Old 07-18-2011, 07:26 AM

Default The Events of the Last 24 Hours........

I wasn't around yesterday when everything kicked off and we had 7-8 lvl 50 players leave over an arguement but this has out a massive dent in the progression of the guild and will take some time to recover from imho.
    Ari, Aran, Air, Aello & Sternon are now all in Shiny and i will be honest and say i really dont know what to do as the people i spend most of my time with in dungeons etc are no longer in the guild, but after speaking to Lolly she has told me yesterday that they will still be rifting and doing dungeons with us, which i really don't understand as they are no longer in PCG and surely they would rejoin after the 2 main antagonists have left/gone from the guild if they were going to be doing these things with us.
    As there are no posts regarding this from the guild leadership i think the people in the guild need some reassurance, so what are the plans and the way forward for the guild? Are we going to be fighting tooth and nail to get the players that went to Shiny back? because it's all well and good people saying PCG will recover and be as good as ever but my experience in these situations says otherwise and i am worried and fearful that PCG will get left way behind and will not be attractive for people to join for us to end up raiding etc.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 07-18-2011, 08:24 AM

Great, i just resubbed yesterday too.

Please will someone give some info on the current state of the guild as i have a tank in early progress looking to join instead of my boring mage.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 07-18-2011, 08:49 AM
    Insane Moderator

PCG is an established guild in the community, but if you want top end content raiding, we just can't provide it at this time, because players don't stay with PCG long enough to really get things moving, fast enough, for those players who hit 50 and expect it all to be there for them.

idea's / suggestions etc, welcome at this stage folks.... because I am ready to close PCG Rift's doors so I can go back to enjoying the game myself, without all the drama and bullshit.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 07-18-2011, 09:01 AM

This is the way i see it Olgit. In the time i've been in the guild people seem to stay around until they got to lvl 50 and leave or gear up then leave due to the lack of raiding etc that we do. In my opinion the best hope we had in progressing was that we had a core of level 50 people that were around helping others doing dungeons etc in order for the guild to progress and maybe start raiding in the not too distant future. However over the last 24 hours a large chunk of this core of people have left, and this has left us in the lurch regarding the guilds future progression wise. We were getting 15-20 people turning up for Akala & crafting rifts etc and now we have just lost half of them, worrying times.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 07-18-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olgit View Post
    PCG is an established guild in the community, but if you want top end content raiding, we just can't provide it at this time, because players don't stay with PCG long enough to really get things moving, fast enough, for those players who hit 50 and expect it all to be there for them.

idea's / suggestions etc, welcome at this stage folks.... because I am ready to close PCG Rift's doors so I can go back to enjoying the game myself, without all the drama and bullshit.
    Sorry to hear that you are feeling this way buddy.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 07-18-2011, 10:26 AM

Unhappy

I found it upsetting that we lost some of my best mates yesterday and don't know if the burden of being Guild Leaders were too much added to I believe some offending persons being obnoxious. But I think the now the offending persons have left/been removed and Im sure Olgit and all the other officers would welcome them back in what ever role they wanted.

Apart from the present upset we've had a very friendly guild and would be doing some T3 probably by now if people stopped leaving soon as there were geared up.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 07-18-2011, 01:53 PM

It is always disappointing to lose people from the guild - especially ones who were so valuable, both in terms of assisting with T1/2/3 content as well as helping out guild members in general.

We have to remember that this is just a game. It is meant to be fun, and I think PCG really embodies that. But being fun also means that we may not be able to raid as quickly as the more hardcore guilds or PVP as well as some of them. It depends on what you want out of a guild. I we can keep a core of people who enjoy the game, and will be happy to raid when the time comes or push to do PVP rifts when they come out, then the guild will progress organically, but people can't expect everything straight from one guild - it places a lot of stress on the GL's and GM who also have families and work commitments etc.

Where to from here? Well, we have grown from the past upset, and I have no doubt we will grow from this one. PCG is a great place to be - I doubt you will find a more accommodating guild in any game.

Stick with us and help us grow - I don't think you'll be disappointed.
    Boomshakalaka - 25 Rogue

Yup... I like alts....
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 07-18-2011, 02:47 PM
    Insane Moderator

Twice we have been in the position of taking the next steps and twice we have had the rug yanked out from under us by people just leaving with one excuse or another.

As Healzz said, we just need people to stick through the tough times and slowness at your initial time of level 50, so others can catch up and help us move forward. Problem is... people hit 50 and expect to be handed free loot, free t1's, t2's and then raiding and we can't give them that, so they are basically moving on.

I can't stop people leaving and I really do wish them luck... but if you keep leaving us, we can't provide what your all looking for, so we are left in the never ending catch 22 situation.

<edit> Sorry for being so negative.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 07-18-2011, 04:50 PM

I think the problem is that neither Aran nor myself were consulted as to whether or not we wanted to be guild leaders. One time I logged in I was promoted to officer, then the next I knew I was made one of the leaders. We both have never had an authoritative role in a guild before, so all we could do was to try and make people happy and comfortable in the guild.
    We left because if either of us kicked a member just because of their behaviour or attitude, then we did not want any of the backlash due to other members liking those people. You have to remember it was Talizorah's fault that the guild was split in two due to his actions, and it hasn't really recovered.
    Aran and myself spent a lot of our time recruiting, helping people in instances, and giving advice etc. when we were only barely level 50 ourselves.

As Healzz said, this is just a game. Nobody else is paying our subscription fees etc, so we are free to go wherever we please. As for free loot/raids/instances, everyone involved is contributing to them whether it be in their guild, or via the random grouping tool/pugs, so nothing is free per se, more a collaborative effort with a random loot roll at the end.

The most valuable part of the game is making friends with people who you play with regularly, not some icon to place into your stats window. We can still group together whether we are in the same guild or not via the friends list etc.

As for people leaving, it will happen when you spend most of your time idling in Meridian with not much else to do. I'm sorry, but I would rather go to another guild that is more active in certain areas to validate the price that is paid each month, and the time invested in it. After all, Trion could pull the plug at any time if the game ceases to be financially viable, especially as there is a lot of competition in the MMO market, and a lot of people refuse to quit their WoW subs for another game.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 07-19-2011, 09:41 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Thunderchild82

First off all its unfair to put the full blame on me, what happend was 6 of one half a dozen of the other. And as Far as I can remember up untill the issue with me and Branwen the guild was going well.

But thats not the reason im posting here, I have come to offer some help with your current situation regarding loosing members because of nothing to do. I have spoken to the Gm of my guild Pariah and we are looking for other guilds that are intrested in raiding to come raid with us and for us to also come help other guilds out with raids. So far we have had succsessfull runs with Vendetta and Paranoia and have other guild intrested in taking part to.

If this is something you think will help PCG and may resolve any issue's you have please contact me in game or reply here. Im not sure how many ppl know but I still have a char in PCG and I still keep an eye on whats going on as I want to see PCG to continue and continue well, and if I can make up for some of my faults in the past then I would like to try.

With regards

Talizorah