Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Magazine and site talk

#11   Report Post  
    Old 07-25-2010, 07:15 PM

didn't bother me since this isn't the only site i use for news but I loved Korea Day: Eat like a champion. Articles about cooking is always a good thing in my opinion.
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 07-25-2010, 07:34 PM

If you're sick of StarCraft go to GameTrailers.com.
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 07-26-2010, 12:12 PM

All this SC stuff bodes well for your review of it, I'm sure it will be very impartial.
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 07-26-2010, 03:59 PM

I wasn't actually annoyed by it until today, but damn we even have an article now on how best to purchase the damn thing, and the "getting ready" one makes it sound like the second coming of Jesus.
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 07-26-2010, 06:29 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
    I wasn't actually annoyed by it until today, but damn we even have an article now on how best to purchase the damn thing, and the "getting ready" one makes it sound like the second coming of Jesus.
    Lol, yeah same. I actually posted the other day how I didn't begrudge RTS fans their genre's couple of weeks in the spotlight - it doesn't happen very often after all. But blimey Charlie, there have been a sod load of unneccessary posts. As you pointed out: "How to buy StarCraft 2". Really? I mean, really? I'm pretty sure most people know how to buy games now you know . Currently 6/10 items on the front page are all SC2. All 10 on the second page are SC2. I dared not go back any further for fear of losing my sanity.

I hate to bring up the arch-nemesis Rock, Paper, Shotgun - but today they have posted one SC2 story, along with a story on a hack-and-slash free-to-play source-engined multiplayer game, a story about VAC, East India Company's sequel, the announcement that Warhammer 40k: Space Marine is indeed coming to PC; not to mention the posts about Strong Bad's game and Attack on Pearl Harbour. It is certainly far more varied and covers far many more bases than PCG.com has done for the last 5 days, where I don't think there has been a single post that I have stopped to read fully unfortunately.
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 07-26-2010, 07:34 PM

This is really unbelievable- how on earth are we supposed to trust their review (no doubt a hype worthy 99.999%) when they are so obviously in actiblizz's pocket. Or actually any future release....?

Sad day for PCG
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 07-26-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flargana View Post
    This is really unbelievable- how on earth are we supposed to trust their review (no doubt a hype worthy 99.999%) when they are so obviously in actiblizz's pocket. Or actually any future release....?

Sad day for PCG
    Because their other reviews have generally been correct?

Stop having a conspiracy theory seizure and wait for the review to come out. I doubt it's going to get a HL2 score.
      #18   Report Post  
    Old 07-27-2010, 11:39 AM

you misunderstand me. In general I completely trust pcg's reviews, however I don't recall there ever being such overblown and frankly irrelevant coverage of a game before (such as how to buy etc). I'd still trust pcg for other reviews, but the sc coverage is blatantly partisan, so I wouldn't trust it.

Not a conspiracy, just common sense...

Also, don't future publish the official wow magazine...? So no connection there then.....
      #19   Report Post  
    Old 07-27-2010, 12:14 PM

also, just want to add that I'm pretty sure that this as a corporate thing rather than the journos themselves. I know they're a great bunch who in the past have not been afraid to buck the trend when it comes to reviews. I'm sure that they're pretty uncomfortable with this as well....
      #20   Report Post  
    Old 07-27-2010, 01:18 PM

Did PCG also not get review copies, like everyone else?