Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Eve Online > General Discussion

#1   Report Post  
    Old 07-23-2010, 04:03 PM

Default Thrasher Fit

Iím not sure how useful people will find it, but I wondered if it might be a good idea to have a section of the forums where you can get general recommendations for fittings of various ships. Iíve not been playing all that long, so I would hardly consider myself an expert on ship fittings but I know a few people here have quite a bit of experience and I thought it would be useful to have a rough guide for noobs such as myself

Iíll get the ball rolling therefore with the fitting I use for my destroyer.

Just to note, youíre going to need to train electronics to level 3 and engineering to lvl 3 to get this fit to work, but seeing as how these skills are really important anyway itíll be time well spent.

Minmatar Thrasher

High slots Ė 8
    Mid slots Ė 3
    Low slots Ė 2

Base CPU Ė 170
    Base Powergrid Ė 70
    Base Capacitor Ė 437.5

Turret hardpoints Ė 7
    Missile hardpoints Ė 1

High Slots:
    - 5x 250mm Light Artillery Cannon I
    - 2x 125mm Light Prototype I Automatic Cannon
    - 1x Salvager I

Mid Slots:
    - 1x Medium Shield Extender I
    - 1x Small Shield Booster I
    - 1x Magnetic Scattering Amplifier I

Low Slots:
    - Damage Control I
    - Overdrive Injector System I

Rigs:
    - Iíve not got any rigs fitted currently, but additional shield resistance rigs such as the Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I might be a good fit if you have the isk.

I find this set up works pretty well for the lower level PvE (Iíve not yet tried it in PvP but Iíd probably add a web or scrambler in one of the mids). If you group the artillery then it should one-shot most frigates, the autocannons will finish off anything that manages to get by and the salvager will net you a few extra ISK from the wrecks. The shield tank should work pretty well, although it might be worth adjusting the damage resist module for whatever damage type the enemy is going to be using (Itís set up for additional EM resistance at the moment). The damage control is a no brainer for the extra resists and the overdrive helps you to keep the enemy at the optimum range for your cannons.

This is by no means the ultimate set up (thereís a complete lack of tier 2 modules for starters) but itís served me well thus far and nothing on it is too expensive to replace should it all go south.

Any suggestions for improvements will be gratefully received

Khal Pho
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 07-23-2010, 06:58 PM

Rule 1 - always stick to one weapon type, otherwise you are just gimping your DPS. For PvE - range is what will mitigate incoming DPS, so stick to the artillery.

The shield tank is fine Just remember to swap out the hardener. :P

Overdrive is pretty useless unless speed tanking - the DCU is a great choice, but the other low slot should be used for a damage mod.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 07-23-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Duality View Post
    Rule 1 - always stick to one weapon type, otherwise you are just gimping your DPS. For PvE - range is what will mitigate incoming DPS, so stick to the artillery.

The shield tank is fine Just remember to swap out the hardener. :P

Overdrive is pretty useless unless speed tanking - the DCU is a great choice, but the other low slot should be used for a damage mod.
    Yeah, I agree with this. Although if you have trouble keeping range you might want to drop the shield hardener and add an AB.

If you want to try out Eve Online, check out this thread, and give the PC Gamer Corp a shout.