Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Rift

#1   Report Post  
    Old 06-30-2011, 05:05 PM

Cool The Desert Queen Raid Quest

This is a weekly I hope to get up every Wednesday and get everyone 10 Plaques of Achievement.

We had a realy good attempt on her last night to say it was our first night on them and undermanned.

I been in that other online game and tried new bosses and got no where near as we did last night and with a full raid party.

I think the biggest problem was of the DPS initially some time we take the Queen down to 80% but some times the adds she spawned would heal her right back up.

So we realy need to switch to the adds a bit quicker and again a full raid would have helped us get them down quicker.

Next problem was the adds that came in, I read they explode so we need one of the tanks to quickly grab them and according to this guide I just found pull them away from the group and have 1 DPS AOE them down whilst the rest of the raid DPS the boss.

I thought we did extremely well and a fun time was had by all and a number of people asked me after the raid If Id get an other one up tonight for her. Which I will do if we can get enough people.

And could the tanks get in tough with me (Darkphonix if they were getting stacking debuffs on them so we maybe can arrange some rotation).

Thanks everyone who came, hope to see you all tonight.

P.S. anyone not knowing where to get the quest if you look at the long stretch of beach in Shimmersand that goes south to north with the Lake to the east there 2 peninsulas and on one of the is a camp Gritsquall Haven with quest givers, its got and handed back in there.

Last edited by Garrett; 06-30-2011 at 05:08 PM.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 07-01-2011, 08:54 AM

looked to it, and watched some videos. No need to rotate tanks the debuff isnt an issue, you kept me alive even when whiskey was down and I tanked Akala and the add at the same time (and im a bit undergeared for this fight...). I used a max dmg reduction spec though - no buffs for raid. The only harder hit on me is when phase 3 comes and she changes into big golem for 10 secs...
    More dps to adds, keep some healing debuff on her. p3 a little hard time for OT to pick all adds up. if some add go to raid, bring it to OT ("taunt" has 8sec CD, "mass taunt" 60sec) they got dmg aura ticking for 300-600
    1-2 dmg players aoe them, rest burn akala and shes gonna eat shit

Last edited by vokurek; 07-01-2011 at 09:04 AM.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 07-01-2011, 11:13 AM

Cool

Extremely good guide here from over at the Unstable guild forum

Although its realy a 20 man not a 10 although there calling it T2 capped gear.

Akala, the Desert Queen
    Note: While not a "Rift Raid", Akala is considered 10-man content.
    Requires T2 hit/focus/toughness caps.
    Health: Roughly 1.2 million
    Known Abilities:
    Earth Spikes or somesuch: Does around 1200 damage to everyone in the raid. Possibly can be interrupted.
    Adds Spawned:
    Her little henchman dude: Has about 300k health, just burn him at the start while a tank picks him up.
    Healing Golems: 2 spawn every 20 seconds or so and cast a heal on Akala. They each heal her for 10% and can only be interrupted by killing them. They have about 20k health and their cast time is around 10 seconds. Also have AoE damage auras that tick for around 350.
    Little Rock Golems: Spawn after the second phase of the fight. Have about 7k health and an AoE damage aura that ticks for 300-600. Need to be offtanked and killed, or else they will gib the healers.
    Tank Damage: Fairly low. Tank takes 3-4k swings from Akala. OT doesn't get hit very hard at all.
    Raid Damage: Overall damage starts low, but becomes high when little golems start going out.
    Strategy:
    Have the raid stack behind akala on the hill (this gives you a better view of any guardians that may try to come and gank), and clear out adds around them. Have the MT pick up Akala, and the OT pick up her minion. Burn the minion first and ignore any adds.
    Once the minion is down, focus Akala. At this point it is a tank and spank, just make sure she has some sort of Mortal Strike/Healing debuff applied to her. You will continue to burn her until she hits 30%.
    When she hits 30%, she turns into a big golem for about 10 seconds, and beats on the tank a bit. She quickly turns back to her normal self and starts spawning the small rock golems. At this point, the OT picks them up, and 1 ranged DPS AoE's them down (we used a sabo so he could incriminate to help pick up all the mobs). The rest of the DPS burns Akala, and the fight is done.
    The only reward for killing Akala is the weekly Plaque reward. She has no Loot Table.

Last edited by Garrett; 07-01-2011 at 11:16 AM.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 07-07-2011, 11:16 AM

Cool

What I class as a guild first we got the Queen down last night and got the achievement. Iv done it in a pug before but not got the achievement.

We were a bit short on people and fewer turned up than last week, but happily there was a small group doing a rift and was asked by Kaci??? who I raided with earlier that day if they could merge and I merged the 2 parties and they tagged along with use to the queen.
    Thanks to people that swapped the main spec to an other to make the raid viable.

The first go we wiped as the DPS were a bit trigger happy and started DPS before the tank had aggro on the bosses companion and ran in the party and wiped us.

Second was almost a win but the add tank died so was not able to pick the adds up in the last phase.

The last go we had 4 healers and it worked a treat, which I think was 2 dedicated healers for each tank and 2 aoe healers. (correct me if that's wrong).

Flaws that I spotted and will put down to members of the pug
    DPS were attacking the healers before finishing the companion off. The companion needs to be killed as it does massive damage to the tank, the healers are only healing the boss as far as I know who already on 100% so not healing it at all.

Apart from that the last try went very smooth with no deaths I saw.

I altered the tactic of what a lot suggest ie have group 3 and 4 DPS take out left and right healers, I made this group 1 & 3 DPS on right healer and 2 & 4 DPS on left. I cant see why dps needs to be on the boss when healers are up. Last week some of the time the healers were healing the boss up more than we were taking the boss down.

I just went on the adds in the last phase I allowed a few seconds for the tank to get full agro on each wave then AOE them. The rest of the DPS caned the boss.

Thanks again for everyone for their time and effort for a fun run which I think all our guild memebers enjoyed.

Last edited by Garrett; 07-07-2011 at 11:20 AM.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 07-20-2011, 10:13 PM

Cool

Apart from getting a team up which took a while this was the most successful raid tonight on the queen we have had, no wipes and so we did it on the 1st go and we only had 18 people there.
    The boss was a bit slow going down as we lacked DPS and a couple of times the boss almost healed up to what there were before the healers pops up but steadily we killed her with I think no deaths????
    So good job healers and tanks who healed and kept agro though a long fight, and have to say DPS seeing we were only 18 that's a good percentage DPS missing and thanks to those that were not in the guild

After we did the weekly in Stillmoor and did that OK although wiping on the first go but only one death on the second.

I will be adding this to Wednesdays runs.

Last edited by Garrett; 07-21-2011 at 10:04 AM.