Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events

Closed Thread

#1   Report Post  
    Old 06-28-2011, 09:16 PM

Default IS this what are guild is comeing to

hi guys i was just in guild chat talking away seen my m8s raid team wiped in guild so was asking what happend to give some adivise i got loada sarky coments from fellow guildes who was in raid totaly un called for got called a idiot and alsorts bang outa order if this is how pcg is going i will tell evry 1 to stay away as it is team only guild 2 teams for raids no prospects for outhers no help from guiles at all this is not what pcg is all about so ill leave my link up for what just happend in guild chat and hope this gets sorted and my guild chat mute lifeted asap [url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/60536011@N05/?saved=1[/url]
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 06-28-2011, 09:45 PM

A few things: Team Awesome have killed Al'akir many times before the reasons we wiped is because we had new people learning the fight. that is the reason we wiped on Al'akir there was no Advice needed you just happened to point this out at a bad time.

As for the guild not wanting to help you out. Have you actually seen the post I put up less then 12 hours ago. its a pretty damn good guide to how to start a team. The officers are always willing to help. as for a few things I've been told of and you DON'T need moderator on the forums to run a team. and me and Aphaeas ran Team Awesome for over 15months without moderator, we did it by asking fellow officers to put raids on the Calenders.

Slim has now Apologised in guild without being Asked as well
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 06-28-2011, 10:08 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by flyaway View Post
    hi guys i was just in guild chat talking away seen my m8s raid team wiped in guild so was asking what happend to give some adivise i got loada sarky coments from fellow guildes who was in raid totaly un called for got called a idiot and alsorts bang outa order if this is how pcg is going i will tell evry 1 to stay away as it is team only guild 2 teams for raids no prospects for outhers no help from guiles at all this is not what pcg is all about so ill leave my link up for what just happend in guild chat and hope this gets sorted and my guild chat mute lifeted asap [url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/60536011@N05/?saved=1[/url]
    From the pictures/chat it seems like you were saying "haha, you wiped", which can be why everyone wasn't exactly friendly with you. Other reasons may include: no one liking you, you being annoying and you often writing like a 12 year old trying to be cool.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 06-29-2011, 08:26 AM

Ok, this is not what I wanted to wake up and read this morning!

Looking at the screen shots I think 2 things happened. Firstly, there is a big misunderstanding on what was being said and secondly, there was a bit of an overreaction due to the misunderstanding.

I have heard that Slim has now apologised, without being told to by an officer so I can say that this probably was an overreaction and he realised afterwards his mistake.

Flyaway, I think Slim and it appears Calder have misunderstood what you said to be 'haha, you wiped on an easy boss!', which I feel is not what you meant. The trouble with guild chat is that things are very easily misunderstood and taken the wrong way. I know Slim gets wound up rather quickly but it really takes something for Calder to pipe up!

As for the guild not being helpful, I am quite hurt by this comment. I have offered you no end of help with setting up Epic and getting some guild events running and looking at the Team Epic thread yesterday there are some very good tips on there from other players who are trying to support you. Don't get me wrong, we are not a perfect guild and people clash all of the time but we are trying our best to make it s friendly guild.

If anything else happens on this thread which I feel is out of line I will lock it. If you want to talk constructively about this then I will be happy for the thread to continue, or you can talk to me in game.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 06-29-2011, 08:29 AM

Also, I would like to add, there is a third raid team set up for anyone who wants to raid, week after week we have to cancel it because there is a lack of interest! Also, how many people have you had show an interest in your raid team, despite all of your effort to promote it? It's nothing you are doing wrong, you have done everything I would have done to set up a raid team, there is simply a huge lack of interest.

Both the current raid teams are full with around 12-14 members for a 10 man team, we physically cannot take anymore!
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 06-29-2011, 09:24 AM

A normal conversation about a raid wipe goes something like.........

"how's al'akir going guys?" (even if you know they just wiped)

"just wiped"

"ah no way, what got ya"

"the evil boss ability of doom"

"ah yeah, unlucky guys, good luck next go" (perhaps include advice here if appropriate - it wouldn't be on a boss as old as al'akir that a raid has done before many times)

"thanks"

Just stating someone has wiped will make it appear that you are mocking them, even if that's not your intention. If they then think "well yeah, we know we just wiped, where are you going with this?" you don't call them a dick.

Just.......get along.

Sidenote - is there something in youth culture that I'm unaware of like one of those flashy young musicians who says "just sayin" a lot? It seems awfully popular these days.

Last edited by Klogaroth; 06-29-2011 at 09:29 AM.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 06-29-2011, 09:33 AM

I think it's less youth culture and more people being too fast to get pissed off. I usually make it a last resort to assume a guild mate is mocking me. I think flyers has perhaps handled it rather badly, but if people were less touchy in the first instance and didn't automatically assume the worst, this could have been avoided.

Unless someone in the guild outright says "You wiped, you suck" I don't think anyone should assume that is what they mean, we are supposed to be guild-mates- after all. The calling people dick and then saying fuck you though was a halfwit move however.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 06-29-2011, 11:07 AM

Default wtf

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Calder View Post
    From the pictures/chat it seems like you were saying "haha, you wiped", which can be why everyone wasn't exactly friendly with you. Other reasons may include: no one liking you, you being annoying and you often writing like a 12 year old trying to be cool.
    note in screen shots not one points did i say haha u wiped screen shots DONT LIE AND NO ONE EVA SEAD SRY " ME
    ps have winases in guild how i was ganked on and as for new peeps in the raid u dnt take new peeps cuz will slow your progresion i have many screen shots for pruf so no1 dnt like being called a lier no 2 u full off it screen shot link is there as pruf from me finding out wen u wiped cuz of dbm on rafiki to me geting gchat bannd so dont lie sakris no one likes liers
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 06-29-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    I think it's less youth culture and more people being too fast to get pissed off. I usually make it a last resort to assume a guild mate is mocking me. I think flyers has perhaps handled it rather badly, but if people were less touchy in the first instance and didn't automatically assume the worst, this could have been avoided.

Unless someone in the guild outright says "You wiped, you suck" I don't think anyone should assume that is what they mean, we are supposed to be guild-mates- after all. The calling people dick and then saying fuck you though was a halfwit move however.
    note i sead stop being a dick wen i got ganked and called a idiot then sead fuck you cuz i was ganked by 4 members and thats is bang outa order i have 5 whitnesses wich names will be brought forwords as proff and i have just been on vent trying to talk 2 doom and sakris 2 get blanked wich is bang outa order i will be taking this as far as posable due to this is not the first time and tbh geting fed up with how a few members are going i will not leave pcg as iam loyel to pcg and its old school members just sertin few that needs to buck up there idears iam not here to fight or be made a mock out off
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 06-29-2011, 11:13 AM

Default note

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Klogaroth View Post
    A normal conversation about a raid wipe goes something like.........
    "how's al'akir going guys?" (even if you know they just wiped)

"just wiped"

"ah no way, what got ya"

"the evil boss ability of doom"

"ah yeah, unlucky guys, good luck next go" (perhaps include advice here if appropriate - it wouldn't be on a boss as old as al'akir that a raid has done before many times)

"thanks"

Just stating someone has wiped will make it appear that you are mocking them, even if that's not your intention. If they then think "well yeah, we know we just wiped, where are you going with this?" you don't call them a dick.

Just.......get along.

Sidenote - is there something in youth culture that I'm unaware of like one of those flashy young musicians who says "just sayin" a lot? It seems awfully popular these days.
    note thay just sead in previs txt i sead haha u wiped wich i neva so plz make ya minds up ;/ like i sead screen shots are there i got ganked so dnt evrn try and push this on to me
    Closed Thread