Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Awesome

#1   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 07:41 AM

Default Raid Report 18/11/12

Attendees:
    Tanks: Khaine and Slim
    Healers: Doom and Sid
    Melee: Tofe and Archaz
    Ranged: Beli, Noheels, Zalid, Littlesky and Aph

Back into MSV to try our luck against the spakly dragon.

It was nice to have enough players available to be able to swap people around as necessary we still need a couple of more people in the team but we are at a point now where we are flexible enough to adjust and make improvements.

We knew Elegon was going to be a challenge, but we are making some good progress. We have phase 1 sorted so our focus tonight was the orbs, walls and sparks phase. As the night went on we were able to push further through these phase and a handful of times saw the final phase.
    Our best attempt saw Elegon at 31% which is a huge improvement on our 80% last week.

There are a couple of things we need to do. We know the tactics, the final phase is rusty but the rest of the fight is coming together nicely. The main thing holding us back is our DPS numbers. We need to be pulling 90k each by that final phase in order to burn the boss down. Anything you can do today and tomorrow to boost your DPS will be great, we really need it now.
    Secondly, we need to be killing more orb phases. Ideally we want to have 10 stacks by the final phase, so 5 orbs each time. On a few tries we only got 2 down which is much too low. Remember you get a DPS boost for killing orbs.
    Pillars need to die as soon as possible. As we saw last night, if you are a dotty class you can have issues so we have people helping each other out. However, it is important to kill your own pillar first.

Once we perfect these three things we should be laughing. The more DPS we do the shorted phase 1 will be, the less anihilations, the more mana the healers will have.

I will be heading to the new LFR tonight so if anyone wants to join me you will be more than welcome. Hopefully I may get some shiny gear.

Good night though and hopefully we can make a little more progress tomorrow night.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 10:04 AM

Definitely making progress.
    We are getting closer to the ideal of only 2 adds in P1. If we can get that then the enrage will be less of an issue. The orb phase is getting better too. I believe we only need to kill 4 waves, as the stacks count from when the waves spawn. So if we kill 4 waves, Elegon will get 5 stacks. The pillars do seem to take a little long coming down, but will get there. We haven't really seen much of the final burn phase, but after watching the Fatboss video I wonder if we are doing it wrong. They were stacking pretty much where they stack in p1, at the edge of the platform and darting out to reset their stacks, which reduces the 5% stacking debuff people would get otherwise. So not sure if this is the better way. Anyway, I think we can worry about that when we get consistently into the burn phase.

I tried a different level 90 tier talent out last night, [URL="http://www.wowhead.com/spell=1463"]Incanter's Ward[/URL] instead of [URL="http://www.wowhead.com/spell=114003"]Invocation[/URL]. This gives me a small shield but mainly means I do not need to spend 10 seconds to get the increased damage. It felt clunky to start with as I was used to Invocation, but it wasn't too bad towards the end and does seem to translate into a dps increase. I was also using Ice Barrier and Evocation as often as possible to help out the healers.

Hope you get some nice loot in LFR Aph
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 11:47 AM

you should be resetting stacks on the last phase, it's just ignored in LFR as there stacks don't really matter there. it's just remembering you can't spend long outside as it causes damage.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 12:20 PM

I would strongly advise against resetting stacks in the final phase. As soon as the platform comes up, get straight in there, BL and blow some healing cooldowns. Finish any adds, then just full nuke on the boss. Once the first tank is out of cooldowns, swap over. Collect loot.

Moving off the platform in the final phase does reset your stacks, but it also give you a huge damage hit, as well as the danger of being away from the healers and raid. Not worth it at all.

I reckon 4-4 is the minimum number of spark kills you should be aiming for. Ideally, more like 5-4. We do 6-6 because it's fun to watch a boss die really fast, but it certainly isn't necessary.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 12:49 PM

That is why we were stacked in the centre by the boss, there is no need to reset the stacks in the final phase.

Our DPS is our biggest limitation atm, as long as we can keep the phases short and get lots of orbs down the fight will become a bit easier.

Thanks for the advice Darieth, always appreciated.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 01:46 PM

Thanks Darieth. Was just checking due to seeing them resetting in the vid and I was a bit dubious due to the damage from the outer ring. Good to know we are on the right track. Just need to get our dps up a bit
    Is it better to kill the adds with AOE at the boss, or just concentrate on the boss and use splash damage to kill the adds ? Just wondering which is preferred, as both have healing and dps issues

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    you should be resetting stacks on the last phase, it's just ignored in LFR as there stacks don't really matter there. it's just remembering you can't spend long outside as it causes damage.
    Who mentioned LFR tactics ? Maybe you got confused with the talk of Aph going to LFR ?

Last edited by Zalid; 11-19-2012 at 01:48 PM.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zalid View Post
    Who mentioned LFR tactics ? Maybe you got confused with the talk of Aph going to LFR ?
    nah I meant in LFR people zeg and forget the stacks, in the final stage I some how managed to drop the stacks at the edge in the final stage so there must be a way there is just a fairly big hit from that outside ring.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
    nah I meant in LFR people zeg and forget the stacks, in the final stage I some how managed to drop the stacks at the edge in the final stage so there must be a way there is just a fairly big hit from that outside ring.
    u dont get stacks in LFR........:S rofl!

best option is to stack on boss - AoE down adds priority then nuke the boss.

best to save popping major cooldowns after Elegon has higher stacks of the dmg buff he gains. - u need max time of dps on elegon here as its the main burn.

having a good 4-4 orb kill = 10stacks on elegon should be easy enough. GL and HF as always

Last edited by Nelks; 11-19-2012 at 05:13 PM.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 11-19-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nelks View Post
    exactly
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 11-20-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nelks View Post
    Quote:
    exactly
    Facepalm