Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Awesome

#11   Report Post  
    Old 11-27-2012, 07:55 AM

Tofe, I ahve to disagree with some of the points you make. There are members of the team who are not doing their bit in researching their class and improving themselves to help the raid. I know who they are but as it stands we can't afford to lose anybody so instead I have to drop subtle hints to try and persuade them to do so.

MoV is an easy raid, there are bosses which are more challenging than others, but once you have the correct set up it becomes easy (Elegon is a good example). It is the few people mentioned above holding us back. They are not improving gear or reading tactics properly and then assuming that once we kill a boss it will be easy every time and therefore cause wipes in the resets every week by making silly mistakes. We are overgeared for alot of the fights we do, it is the minority, letting the majority down.

The team has always accepted new people as long as they are commited. Gear and rotations can be fixed, it is the commitment of progression raiding 3 times a week that we need from players. Take Littlesky, he was undergeared and not gemming correctly, but I knew he was going to be a good raider, so we took him on. However, people like that are hard to find on the server.

Sometimes I do need to point people out in order for them to understand that they are doing something wrong. It doesn't mean autodestruct, and it is never meant in a negative way. It is more constructive, or at least, I hope that it is.

As Bel has said, Team Win have more sign ups because they only raid two nights a week. Most of the guild are family orientated or casual players and three nights a week is not for them. Team Awesome has a different approach to raiding. We want to progress and do heroics, whilst Team Win often do not.
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 11-27-2012, 10:01 AM

Well heres a thought, since team win has to bench people for raids, why dont we do a joint venture of sorts? For one week player x raids with awesome until numbers are back up where they should be?
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 11-27-2012, 10:07 AM

Again it would be an issue of whether person x is willing to raid for 3 nights on different nights to Win. I might be able to persuade the team to temporarily go down to two nights but I can't change the raid nights.

Also it is tanks and healers we are desperate for so it depends on what you have free. I would hate to save a tank on a Thursday to find you need him on the Monday.
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 11-27-2012, 10:53 AM

I'm sure that with some planning there's people in win that can do 3 nights/week, and if we decide that X plays with awesome for a specific raid-week then saving someone won't be an issue.
    I'm sure we can work something out within a week or two, the titans willing
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 11-27-2012, 12:30 PM

the biggest problem with people crossing over is as said we could get someone saved that win then needs or you also have the chance someone may find they enjoy the other team more and win could end up losing someone.
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 11-27-2012, 12:49 PM

We usually have to drop a healer and id be willing to raid three nights a week until you can find someone to replace me, but its subject to the boss ok-ing it as ive not long joined and im pretty much carrying the team already 8)

I hate seeing 13 of us all turn up for raids and seeing people sit out and hate it when I get dropped in kind so maybe with a bit of planning so long as the other healers can 100% make it then we could swap in/out etc. And as an aside I have a tank OS I could gear up.

Just worth mentioning is im in noway wanting to leave Win but its sometimes easy to forget we're all in the same guild and should look out for each other!