Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Epic

#1   Report Post  
    Old 03-29-2011, 11:25 AM

Default The aftershock...

So, we've all had chance to sleep and reflect on where we are as a team. I still want everyone to really think about what they want from this game and this team, and if anyone else is seriously considering a break or leaving, please let me know now.

For my part, when I heard that 3 of our best and longest-serving members were leaving, it gave me pause. However, I have decided to stick with PCG and with Team Epic. I still really enjoy our raid nights, and I'd hate to see the team fall apart.

What I propose is a period of consolidation; we've already found a new healer, now we just need a tank and a ranged DPS (or CHEWWIE to come back!), and we'll be back to full strength. Progressing on hard modes is probably going to take a back seat, whilst we integrate our new recruits into the team, teach them the fights and gear them up.

To this end, I propose that we cut down to 2 raid nights per week; Wednesday and Monday. Sundays are awkward for Dan, who we now rely on very heavily, and I think it would benefit us all to take WoW a little more casually for a while. We should still be able to easily clear all content each week.

This means I now only need 2 flasks or 4 feasts from each person each week.

I think our aim should be to rebuild our team back to up full strength, in terms of numbers and gear, and be prepared to hit the next tier of content with renewed vigour when it lands in a couple of months' time.

Most importantly; for this to work, I'm gonna need everyone to make both our raid nights every week for a while. Please make sure you can do so. We may well go back to sitting out individual bosses on a gear basis for a few weeks, to get the maximum benefit.

Thoughts are very welcome.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 03-29-2011, 11:37 AM

Sounds great to me Darieth. I have setup World of logs and got it working, including doing a dummy run to test it - it's all fine.

Guild is called Team Epic PCG on WoL and if anyone else wants to join so that they can pick up the slack on logs if, for any reason, I am not in attendance on a given raid night then poke me and I can see if I can work out how to add you and give you uploading rights and stuff
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 03-29-2011, 11:41 AM

period of consolidation is a good call, we still have a whole patch of this raid tier to go so i dont think we'll be losing out by using a couple of weeks to get the new members up to speed.

Klog Den and Zerne were fantastic players but they were still part of a team, there is no reason why we cant continue to be at the forefront of raiding given time.

Foosfighting 12/11/2010
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 03-29-2011, 11:50 AM

Hey guys,

Out of interest, who is your new healer?

Wyrmy
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 03-29-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Urumqi View Post
    period of consolidation is a good call, we still have a whole patch of this raid tier to go so i dont think we'll be losing out by using a couple of weeks to get the new members up to speed.

Klog Den and Zerne were fantastic players but they were still part of a team, there is no reason why we cant continue to be at the forefront of raiding given time.
    Exactly. As Darieth says we can EEEEASILY clear the content in two nights if we are doing normal mode. Hell if we pushed it we could probably do at least 11/12 in one and a half nights.

Frankly I don't expect to see Firelands until the end of April / early May, so we have plenty of time to get back on track and ready to kick ass once 4.2 hits.

What we should be thinking about is stuff like:

ENCHANTMENT? ENCHANTMENT!
    Zerne was, I believe, our principle enchanter. Darieth, do you have all the patterns that zerne had? or will we need to pool our resources abit and buy up some of the rare ones again? I am mainly talking about things like windwalk and power torrent and Landslide. I also know Zerne had the 50 int on bracer enchant, but that's a rare drop and so we'll need to trust to luck for that.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 03-29-2011, 11:57 AM

hope you get it sorted out Dari.

also if you looking to replace Zerne with another lock, you could try approaching Revvy, he is signed for super at the moment, but it is possible he may wan't to raid more often and getting epic back to full power seems a bit more important than me trying to scrape together super.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 03-29-2011, 12:20 PM

Slash Sid has most major enchants if needed
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 03-29-2011, 12:23 PM

I have already bought Power Torrent, because at least 2 members are due to get epic weapons ASAP. Next I'll get landslide, and then windwalker. In the meantime, we can be extra special nice to Sid.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 03-29-2011, 02:05 PM

Sid does have all 3 of the major Weapon Enchants
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 03-29-2011, 07:58 PM

Still here, not intending to go anywhere

THERE BE DRAGONS!