Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > General Articles

#21   Report Post  
    Old 07-09-2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by leviethan View Post
    To be fair dude, WoW isn't a massive game about PvP, and to be honest all the pvp is more in BG's. The game is a lot more driven towards PvE. Saying that I am NOT saying PvP is hardly worth it, i do BG's most days and i enjoy them, however i don't enjoy world pvp as much. Mainly what I'm saying, what your looking for isn't exactly in wow, at best you'll get one fight a day, and it will be brief, who ever gets off the first kill, then its a corpse camp fest and thats basically it, and it's not the greatest fun you'll ever have.
    you may be right. I'm having fun with it.
      #22   Report Post  
    Old 07-10-2010, 11:21 AM

Good luck with your hunt for open world PvP, I hope you can find it. As others have said, the PvP focus in WoW has shifted over the years to smaller Battlegrounds and arena matches. From what I can tell, it looks like the expansion might be bringing in a PvP zone in the form or Tol Barad, but I havn'e tchecked it out in the beta myself.

The way gear and levels scale in WoW means that any level 80 can destroy anyone who's lower than 70 in 1-shot. Although the old world is quiter now than it used to be, I expect the expansion will bring the top level players and those who are still leveling up into closer contact - it may well increase the amount of world pvp going on.

If you are still hankering after the open world pvp aspect, and want to stick with wow (over other games) you could always go to the PvP forums and start a thread - ask if anyone knows of a server wher open world PvP still carries on regularly - you might get lucky and find all the open world PvPers on the same realm
      #23   Report Post  
    Old 07-10-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Akee View Post
    From what I can tell, it looks like the expansion might be bringing in a PvP zone in the form or Tol Barad, but I havn'e tchecked it out in the beta myself.
    Tol Barad isn't yet activated on the Beta servers as the level cap is still at 82 and Tol Barad is an 84-85 area. From what I understand it will be open world and operate a little like a combination of Wintergrasp and Arathi Basin, if you can imagine that. But I am sure this will be all subject to change