Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Epic

#1   Report Post  
    Old 02-09-2011, 02:39 PM

Default For Dan/Denika's attention

Yo, just creating a thread to make enlighten any pally who doesnt know that Pallys got Stealth nerfed last night.

Now, Crusader Strike in any spec will not generate Holy Power if it misses / is dodged / is parried / is blocked. This means a few things. Now Pallys are the only tanks who need to get hit/exp capped, and rets must always be behind the boss as in either spec, missing out on Holy Power is a massive inconvinience.

Im not too clued up about tanking, but I think this new change makes Prot Pallys the only tank who need to realistically gem/reforge to get hit/exp capped but for me at least, Its going to be a very annoying issue against bosses who you cant stand behind e.g. Magmaw, Alakir.

There shoould be multiple links on the mmo-champoin forums to where this nerf was announced, as it wasnt in the patch notes. The thread in question was a place were people were reporting this new feature of CS as a bug, then a dev came in and confirmed that it was intentional then promptly locked the thread to avoid the shitstorm that would have followed and avoid giving an explanation. Yet another instance of the dev's shitty attitude lately.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 02-09-2011, 02:55 PM

Because my name starts with 'Da', I took notice too.

Is missing the occasional holy power THAT bad for a Protadin? So bad that they need to lose avoidance to get hit/exp capped?
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 02-09-2011, 04:39 PM

Well the occasional one maybe not, but if you are missing a few then you will notice that something has gone wrong. Probs best to wait for dans opinion though, he knows tanking better than I.

Its quite a big deal for a ret though. My CS now has a 4 sec CD, and to keep inquisition up means im getting roughly 2 Templars Verdicts before having to refresh Inqui. The damage seems good but anything that disrupts my inqui will smack my dps in the face.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 02-09-2011, 04:47 PM

It depends on how hard the boss is hitting for tanks. Threat shouldn't be a problem, so slower shield of rights is no massive loss unless your raid requires you to do max DPS as a tank. So the major difference would be the rate at which you can use WoG self healing. I don't think hit/exp capping to gain more WoGs will outweigh the defensive stats that will cost you., but someone will need to check some maths on this to verify it.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 02-09-2011, 04:55 PM

Seems like an odd change, here's a link to an excellent post by Communism on the wow us forums:
    [url]http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2046736379[/url]

Last edited by Cataclysmic; 02-09-2011 at 05:00 PM.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 02-09-2011, 06:23 PM

Shouldn't really be an issue for holy palas providing they got at least 1 point in Enlightened Judgements :P
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 02-09-2011, 06:39 PM

I didn't even realise that Crusader Strike misses generated Holy Power. Always thought they had to hit. But then, my pally is only level 76 and never done any dungeons/raids so never noticed.
    Shame they felt they had to stealth add that though. Why not be open about it ? All very strange.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 02-10-2011, 11:32 AM

It's a 20-25% nerf to protection self heals on bosses. Quite a significant change to be undocumented. Doesn't really effect getting shield up since I normally open with a divine plea sheld of the righteous for threat anyway.

Last edited by Danarok; 02-10-2011 at 11:37 AM.