Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > 25 Man Raid Team

#11   Report Post  
    Old 01-31-2011, 05:20 PM

One possible culprit is anything that monitors buffs and debuffs. This is something of a pain for healers.

When you have 10 people if one person applies a buff then this will be recorded 10 times. If 10 people bring a buff each thats 10 buffs being applied 10 times totalling 100 events.

If you have 25 people each bringing one buff thats 25 buffs applied 25 times. Thats 625 events.

There are 26 types of buff and debuff involved in raiding. All are brought by multiple specs. Chances are a 25 man will have them all, probably multiple versions of the same thing - ie horn of winter and battle shout.

This is on top of there being more players dishing out damage, receiving damage, being healed and healing people,

Then you have more than twice the number of characters and spell effects on screen.

Its very demanding on your system, especially during bloodlust when everything happens that bit faster and everyone is all big and shiny.
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 01-31-2011, 05:42 PM

the only thing I have that watches buffs/debuffs is a list that keeps track of all my traps, stings, CC's and such.

like I said carbonite seems to be my killer as there are people complaining of a lot more extreme fps loss in BWD and the people who do carbonite are saying at the moment it is their number one problem. which explains why even at the absolute minimum for graphics I still only got a max of 10fps,(was the same for max settings) I could play in it to an extent but the time between seeing the flame tower mark on the floor and it going off was about half a second for me and that's why I needed to pull out in the end.

but I should be sorted now I know what the problem was.
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 01-31-2011, 06:03 PM

Yeh any unrelated addons should certainly be turned off in 25 man raiding.

Carbonite and Gearscore are well known for sending and requesting vast amounts of data that's simply not useful while raiding. This includes data transfer with fellow raid members.

Thats right, someone else using an addon can cause YOU lag.

There was a post on this topic waaaaay back in patch 3.2 on our old forums.

You can track how much you are spamming people with your addons and how much they are spamming you by getting [URL="http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/fu-bar_addon-spam-fu.aspx"]Addon Spam[/URL]

If you see an addon is sending or requesting vast amounts of data and you dont need it to raid - turn it off during raids.

The same goes for memory usage. If it uses lots of memory and you dont need it to raid, turn it off while raiding.
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 01-31-2011, 06:11 PM

Good point. Other people's addons could be causing you lag.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Klogaroth View Post
    You can track how much you are spamming people with your addons and how much they are spamming you by getting [URL="http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/fu-bar_addon-spam-fu.aspx"]Addon Spam[/URL]
    This type of addon is great for monitoring who is contributing most to netwrok lag. I'll be using one tonight, but not the one linked. It's no longer supported. There's a link to the new addon that replaces it on the page Klog linked. It was very interesting the first time I it back in Wrath when people were having such problems. I'll be just as interested to see who is sending the most traffic tonight
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 01-31-2011, 10:17 PM

shouldn't be me I had basically nothing on to make sure my fps stayed up tonight. was pretty much just DBM and the hunter timer thingy I have to raid with tonight.
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 02-02-2011, 11:56 AM

hmm,

I have:

Healbott
    DBM
    Bartender

I turned of Skada. Turned all graphical settings down to fair and it gained me 6fps from 1 to 7.

Was a bit weird as I have never had fps problems on this PC or any other. Im thinking it was more a problem with my tinpot BT connection, but I used to do 40 mans and the 25 mans in LK didnt slow it, even on things like the frost boss in WG.

Wyrmy
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 02-02-2011, 12:04 PM

Wyrmy it just seems to be that instance, must be the effects in it or something.