Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > PvP: The Battlegroup

Closed Thread

#1   Report Post  
    Old 01-24-2011, 08:48 PM

Send a message via MSN to squirt24 Send a message via Skype™ to squirt24
    Default Holy Paladins

Hey hey guys!

Well since I got muted for stating the bleeding obvious, im going to start a forum post about it.

Holy Paladins

Maybe one of the most powerful arena healers in the game at the minute, with a supposed 'infinite' mana pool. This is incorrect, as in arena I have problems, as there are ways of killing us.

From experience, the best way is to CC us. We have two ways of escaping this, bubble and trinket, trinket being 2 minutes and bubble being every 5 minutes.

The next best way to stop us healing is to Mana burn us, both priests and warlocks spring to mind, as they harass me the most, add the fears and they are INCREDIBLY annoying.

And the probably most annoying of the three, but the easiest, is to interrupt us, when we are casting big heals and we dont have aura mastery popped with Concentration Aura, you can interrupt us, giving you the time to kill our partner and then the paladin will most probably give up. (Or you will kill him before he can). Mages are probably the best at this, as they have counterspell, closely followed by Death Knights.

Feel free to add you views
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 01-24-2011, 08:51 PM

Oh, just as a off note, arms warriors are rather annoying, very high damage output, healing reductions, stuns AND a bubble dispell. They are very good at killing most classes.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 01-24-2011, 08:53 PM

As your arena partner, i share these views, for these problems affect me, as i die when i dont get healed for 30 seconds with evil peoples coming to kill me. (Althought sparos is awesome because hes kept me and my other partner up for plenty games, thus our wins.)

P.S Sparos for president, best muted palladin all of EU (And Steemwheedle Cartel included).

Human rights wins again!
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 01-24-2011, 09:00 PM

Oh, and another quick note, where'd the rated BG's go?
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 01-24-2011, 11:32 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by squirt24 View Post
    Well since I got muted for stating the bleeding obvious, im going to start a forum post about it.
    You were muted for arguing with the officer that requested you stop arguing in guild chat. Everyone else stopped almost instantly. You continued, and persisted to argue in my chat pane. I asked you not to take it to the forum as it might make matters worse. So, you and Lev create a thread specifically designed to troll me, and others. Nice.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 01-25-2011, 12:17 AM

We can mute you on the forums too if needs be.

Last edited by Klogaroth; 01-25-2011 at 12:22 AM.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 01-25-2011, 04:57 AM

Hmmm, myself and my posts often sit here in the PvP forum area watching the tumbleweeds roll past and the first time you contiribute something it is so you can make a swipe at an officer after being muted.

Clearly you have a lot of great information to contribute here and I am sure we would all like to hear more from you (I for one liked the information part of your post) but please don't just make a post so you can take a potshot at someone.

On the issue of rated BGs, so far we have not had the numbers when events have been organised and we need to get less experienced people built up with both experience and gear. I am going to try and do that as much as I can with open PvP sessions (next one 13:00 this Sat) but any you could also organise and lead at alternate times would be greatly appeciated as well. The key is to make them as relaxed as possible so novices don't get put off.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 01-25-2011, 07:47 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by squirt24 View Post

The next best way to stop us healing is to Mana burn us, both priests and warlocks spring to mind
    Well mana drains are being removed in the next patch so that's all ok then.

My point is that Holy Paladins have comfortably the best PvP toolset of any of the healers - decent instant casts (now), plate armour meaning they can take more of a beating from physical classes, hand of freedom, powerful burst heals, PotI giving them heals whenever they ehal their partner, in addition to beacon if they need it.

Throughout Wrath Holy Paladins were the undisputed kings of PvP healing.

Hand of sacrifice being a powerful 30% damage reduction cooldown, Aura mastery giving them 6 seconds of un interruptible free cast time.

I disupte your claim that mages are the best at interrupting - counterspell has a 24 second cooldown, and is relatively easily avoided by juking (fake casting). Warriors, Ret pallies or any Shaman spec are far more efficient interrupters than mages. If you use the "oh but you can interrupt us" argument as a reasoning for not being ridiculously powerful then I simply don't know what to say.

At the moment, Holy Paladins have greater sustainable HPS, far better mana efficiency and a much wider array of defensive support utility than pretty much any other healer. That was my point.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 01-25-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cataclysmic View Post
    I disupte your claim that mages are the best at interrupting - counterspell has a 24 second cooldown.
    But as far as I know, Counterspell has one of the longest school lockouts and holy paladins can't fake cast, because all their spells are in the same school, no? Which would make mages fairly dangerous to them.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 01-25-2011, 12:23 PM

Fake casting is not getting the wrong school locked out.
    Fake casting is pretending to cast a spell then suddenly stopping, in the hope that the opponent will mash his interrupt, then hit nothing but air, thus putting it on cooldown and allowing a period of free casting.

It has a long school lockout, but that doesn't necessarily make it the best interrupt - if you manage to fake cast a CS then it is on CD for a very long time. CS is powerful, but I wouldn't say Mages are the ultimate interrupting class because of it.