Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Class Discussion

Closed Thread

#21   Report Post  
    Old 01-09-2011, 02:08 PM

I've removed my comments, i don't want to get involved.
      #22   Report Post  
    Old 01-09-2011, 02:27 PM

I am not perfect - sorry if I have upset anyone.

I gave up raid leading because of negative comments from certain people. I got so tired of it that I quit the guild. You have a right to think I sucked at it, but at least I stood up and tried when Team Awesome fell apart the first time. I always tried to be patient and include people no matter how much grief I got from them.

Since then, I have tried to come back and quietly heal for a different team. Still the criticism continues.

Sorry, but this isn't fun for me anymore. I enjoyed it when we used to get together a few times a week and try our best. People helped each other out and at the end of the day we all had a laugh about it.

I don't like the overwhelming focus on progression that pervades the guild. I don't like the idea of raid teams competing with each other. I don't like the sniping and personal feuds between people. I don't like the cliques and the elitism.

I wish PCG the best of luck, but this isn't for me anymore.

Sorry to Akee, Teem, Ross, Slash, Bimble and the rest of Team Win. I have always enjoyed playing with you.

Last edited by Spectrus; 01-09-2011 at 02:34 PM.
      #23   Report Post  
    Old 01-09-2011, 02:56 PM

I was simply responding to some genuine questions from Wyrmy about the strengths and weaknesses of the healing specs, as they stand. There has been a lot of complaints about the weaknesses of discipline raid healing, which are obvious, and consequently there are several changes and buffs incoming that should make it more competitive.

I will refrain from giving any advice whatsoever to anyone. I am absolutely sick of the massive resentment and over-reactions.

This just in: Ret Paladins are below par on bosses, and Shadowpriests have rubbish AoE. Hope that didn't offend anyone.

If you want to know about playing better, go use the internet. I'm done with you.

Last edited by Darieth; 01-09-2011 at 03:07 PM.
      #24   Report Post  
    Old 01-09-2011, 03:44 PM

I never meant to cause any offence to anyone, I was just stating my observations of raiding alongside a disc priest and what I have read and heard from other raiders. Nothing was intended to be personal, merely a comment on what I perceive the raiding community's view of disc priests as a spec at the moment is - which is that it's as a whole less powerful than several other healing specs. A wide range of buffs are on the way for disc, which leads me to believe that Blizzard agree that disc is slightly underpowered at the moment as well.
      #25   Report Post  
    Old 01-09-2011, 08:31 PM

Klog and Chewwie, I had a problem with what you said in the context of this discussion.

I don't have anything against either of you personally and wish you the best of luck in the future.
      #26   Report Post  
    Old 01-09-2011, 10:59 PM

Nor do I Spectrus. I wish you the same
      #27   Report Post  
    Old 01-10-2011, 08:24 AM

Hey mate.

I only just heard you have left...
    I thought last night you was off doing RL things, man, i hope i didnt instigate this in any way, I was only trying to get peoples opinion on Holy/Disc MT/Raid healing as I think they can do both perfectly well, and wasnt in any way having a pop at you. I hope you got that.
    Man im gutted.

Gonna miss teaming with you matey

Wyrmy
      #28   Report Post  
    Old 01-10-2011, 08:31 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wyrmy View Post
    Hey mate.

I only just heard you have left...
    I thought last night you was off doing RL things, man, i hope i didnt instigate this in any way, I was only trying to get peoples opinion on Holy/Disc MT/Raid healing as I think they can do both perfectly well, and wasnt in any way having a pop at you. I hope you got that.
    Man im gutted.

Gonna miss teaming with you matey

Wyrmy
    Nothing to do with you mate. Your part of this thread was fine. It was the later stuff that upset me. This is something I have also experienced in game, but there is no point in going over it here. The people responsible know what I think.

Anyway, if stuff like this is getting to me its probably a good indication that I should quit.

Best of luck with Team Win. I am sure you will do a great job healing them.
      #29   Report Post  
    Old 01-10-2011, 09:14 AM

I'm locking my own thread, as it's now wandered so far off-topic and the discussion seems over.
    Closed Thread