Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Important Info: Read This First

#1   Report Post  
    Old 12-01-2010, 05:23 PM
    Tim Edwards

Default "Why did I just get kicked from the guild?"

Hey,

I'm in the process of removing around 200 characters that haven't registered in our [URL="http://www.pcgamer.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44"]character registration forum[/URL].

We're asking all players who join and play with the PCG World of Warcraft guild to register so we can track the number of alts in the guild. As a guild, we're limited to 1000 characters - and I want to limit our numbers to three characters each.

Before I kick each person, I do a search in the forum to see if a character thread has been created. If it hasn't, you'll be removed. If you think I've removed you in error and you have registered in the [URL="http://www.pcgamer.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44"]character registration forum[/URL], whisper me in game. If you haven't created a thread, do so immediately, and then contact me. Please don't whisper me until that thread is completed - no-one will be invited into the guild until the thread is made. A bunch of people who were kicked introduced themselves in the "New Guildie introductions thread". That's not the place to do it.

This is a hard process, with a bunch of really boring flipping between windows, so please have patience as we go through it.

Last edited by Tim Edwards; 12-01-2010 at 05:42 PM.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 12-02-2010, 07:27 PM

Angry

Would help if I knew how to create a thread, absolutely no help on site with this as far as I can see. Just "Reply to Thread" is all I can find. Got booted from guild yet again and I take it is because i aint filled out this damn Thread lark. Nice one. I appreciate it is hard keeping track of things in such a large guild but booting regular ppl who have raided with the guild is just stupid.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 12-02-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Xiphoid View Post
    Would help if I knew how to create a thread, absolutely no help on site with this as far as I can see. Just "Reply to Thread" is all I can find.

You knew this was coming for oever 5 weeks and haven't asked how to start a thread before now?

We've had over 250 seperate threads creted in the correct forum area, so I think it can't be a common problem.

Quote:
    I appreciate it is hard keeping track of things in such a large guild but booting regular ppl who have raided with the guild is just stupid.

Unfortunately we can't not kick the raiders/regulars - firstly we don't know everyone who raids, and secondly some of our raiders and ex-regulars haven't logged in for months, while some are planning extended wow breaks even now.

One of the reasons we're doing this is so we dont get a full guild and have to start hgkicking peopel left and right when guild reputation becomes important. We'd rather kick the wrong person now and get it sorted than do it in a few weeks when we might hurt their progress.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 12-02-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
    Would help if I knew how to create a thread.
    It's the massive yellow button on the top left of the forum titled "New Thread".

A blog about games. - Now with increased vigor!

Updates every Wednesday.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 12-02-2010, 11:24 PM

Quote:
    Would help if I knew how to create a thread, absolutely no help on site with this as far as I can see. Just "Reply to Thread" is all I can find. Got booted from guild yet again and I take it is because i aint filled out this damn Thread lark. Nice one. I appreciate it is hard keeping track of things in such a large guild but booting regular ppl who have raided with the guild is just stupid.
    QQ.

If you were experiencing problems using the forums, why not just log on and ask someone? Hit the big button that says 'PLAY' to open your client. Venting here after completely failing to do anything to prevent what you obviously knew would happen for some time is, to borrow from your post 'just stupid'. Chill out
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 12-05-2010, 04:11 PM

You also get kicked if your name is "Fallenmikeyo" and you ninja the guild bank.

Harsh but fair,

Zig

PS You also get kicked if you are Blacktempest

Last edited by Akee; 12-05-2010 at 04:40 PM.