Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU)

Closed Thread

#21   Report Post  
    Old 12-02-2010, 10:24 AM

A major part of this issue for most raid leaders isn't the time players have available to raid, its players that are unprepared when they do get the chance to raid, especially on afternoon or late night which are more casual.

You are better off spending some time a few days before getting the correct gems/enchants and looking up tactics than you are squeezing in that heroic or rep farm if you know you have time to raid the coming weekend. Its also more likely to get you picked if there are 13 signups for a 10 man raid!

What frustrates people is having to repetedly explain tactics for encounters that have been around for months.

My advice if you only have limited raiding time is know what to expect, you will get more out of your raid as you will not have to sit for tactics explanations which can be up to 20 mins on some fights, therefore you kill bosses quicker, kill more bosses and get more lootz! which at the end of the day is always fun! Looking up tactics is not hard core, its common sense.

Tankspot has comprehensive guides on all encounters.

Foosfighting 12/11/2010
      #22   Report Post  
    Old 12-02-2010, 10:34 AM

also bring food, pots and flask's, don't just expect someone to bring a feast or in the case of cata a cauldron.
      #23   Report Post  
    Old 12-03-2010, 09:27 AM

As an uber-softcore player I share the pain of all those who also have to put RL first always, but I've learned to accept that is the reality of the game. PCG is a great, friendly guild but, for me, that is mostly expressed in the odd chat, the good advice and/or (very) occasional guild event - and those are worth hanging in there for, albeit I do feel embarrassed that I take more from the Guild than I give. A year or so ago, a couple of us tried to set-up regular instance running meets for guild "softcores" levelling up. We got a couple of good runs but the idea quickly ran into the sand because "softcores" just can't commit. So I mostly solo and PUG - consequently I'm not sufficiently geared or read-in to participate in a random raiding opportunity, even if one came up. And, frankly, much as I’d love to see content that’s beyond me, it’s not fair or reasonable to expect experienced raiders to give up their playing time to lead “softcores” by the hand on some sort of charity run for the Warcraft-challenged!
    That said, it would be nice if the Guild did do all-comers/achievement-whoring events, such as an Alliance city raid, more often (say every other month) just because they’re fun for every level and because, surely, we are big enough to do it. Maybe we could even arrange a battle with the Rebel Alliance so we could beat ourselves up!
      #24   Report Post  
    Old 12-03-2010, 10:32 AM

If we did start a battle with the Rebel Alliance, I'd have a macro set up to yell "Stop Hitting Yourself!" everytime I used stormstrike... :P

Seriously though Qweeg raises decent points, as does Uru and Belim. It really is a matter of 10 to 15 minutes prep, more if you need to farm mats, to get ready. I know I'm not hardcore, I've taken part in a few ICC 25 mans and such, and have had encounters explained pretty damn well, but I do try to read up on dungeons, specs, gems and enchants as much as I can as well as asking more experienced raiders what they'd do in my place.

Heck, we went from a Classic guild run with Twi, myself and a few new to the guild to a VoA 10 man where I picked up T9 and T10 gloves!

That's how random things are. TBH, I'd like to see more end game too, but I'm willing to admit, time doesn't come easily, and I need to improve my gear vastly.

Roll on Cata. 4 days left!

Dum spiro spero - While I breathe, I hope.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(Link)
      #25   Report Post  
    Old 12-03-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by qweeg View Post
    That said, it would be nice if the Guild did do all-comers/achievement-whoring events, such as an Alliance city raid, more often (say every other month) just because they’re fun for every level and because, surely, we are big enough to do it. Maybe we could even arrange a battle with the Rebel Alliance so we could beat ourselves up!
    Expect many more guild events next year - probably one a month starting from Febuary if I can get organised (This should also give everyone time to level up).

I don't like announcing stuff ahead of time becuase if we don't end up doing things it's a dissapointment, but I thought you'd like to know we have more events planned that are not gear or level dependent.
      #26   Report Post  
    Old 12-05-2010, 03:41 PM

I'm with you sooz. I do feel this is a very different guild to the way it was back at the start of Wrath.

So ye, if you need a random person to heal you through a raid, I can't promise I won't let you die once in a while but I'm there to ninja your priest loot. I'm aware that the ICC farming is what a lot of people's motivation is for with WOW but I always saw PCG as the guild that made everyone run round in wedding dresses and that sort of thing.

Hopefully if we can get a few others involved we could split the activities in progression raiding every week for those who want to do all the content super fast and the rest of us looking to just have some fun and help each other out with leveling and raiding and all other aspects of the game...
      #27   Report Post  
    Old 12-05-2010, 04:51 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by apheni View Post
    I do feel this is a very different guild to the way it was back at the start of Wrath.
    Ofc it is, there's a truck ton more members. I bet if Tim kicked everyone who wasn't in the guild back then, it would return to how it was. Fortunately, that's not going to happen. Things change, in life and in WoW
      #28   Report Post  
    Old 12-05-2010, 06:46 PM

I more meant that the whole ethos of the guild was different, it wasn't all about the hyper l33t heroic facerolls or anything, those people were off with good fortune and the other similar guilds. It was about people who liked playing the game with others and our readership of PCG (and therefore our love of PC games in general) was the thread that bound us together.

Alas it's gone now and the few of us who liked it like that just have to be content with what remains, whilst the top 30 strive for their realm firsts and the newbies with envy...
      #29   Report Post  
    Old 12-05-2010, 07:07 PM

This thread should maybe be locked before it falls into yet another one of these flame threads.

A blog about games. - Now with increased vigor!

Updates every Wednesday.
      #30   Report Post  
    Old 12-05-2010, 07:07 PM

That's the natural way of things in Warcraft. If you have a large enough guild you wlll eventually have a handful of players who decide raiding is what they really love. They will then start meeting up to raid, and things expand from there. Eventually as these players improve they will look at harder content.
    Closed Thread