Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events

#1   Report Post  
    Old 11-26-2010, 04:25 PM

Default Want to form your own raid team?

Too many hunters in the existing raid teams?
    No one plays with you because you have a stupid character name?
    You can only raid between the hours of 4am and 7am on a thursday due to ley lines interfering with your internet at all other times?
    Not enough space in a raid team for you and the 4 other characters you multibox?

Basically, you're incredibly frustrated that you can't get into one of the existing raid teams?

Stop moaning and do something about it!

Sooo, we know that our current raid teams only provide a space for 40 or so players. We have a few hundred in the guild, and though not all will want to raid more than 40 certainly will.
    At the end of Wrath, we've had a lot of experienced players who have top level alts who have been more than happy to provide additional raiding opportunities. This will not be the case during the first few months of Catacylsm, so we want to make it as easy as possible for someone wanting to start their own raid team.

The way our raid teams work is that they are independent of the guild as a whole - they each have different loot rules, raid times, expectations and leaders.
    We (as officers) don't have time to monitor the progress of the individual teams - we expect them each to run along of it's own accord.
    You might think it's easy as the raid team leaders are all officers - but Aphaeas, Hyrath and Denika all started leading teams when they were non-officers, and we don't think that being a raid leader and an officer should be synonymous.

Anyway, if you'd like to start your own raid team, get your own section on the forums, start smashing your head against progression bosses for weeks on end, and lose all enjoyment you get from the game, read on!

The best thing to do is to have a chat with one of the existing leader to get a handle on what you'll be expected to do. Darieth and I have been leading raids for years, Aphaeas and Denika for much less time, which if you're a new leader might mean you want to talk to them. Plus they are nicer than me and darieth.

You'll need to know when you want your raid to run (even if the time will change week to week), what kind of requirements (if any) you'll have, loot rules, if you'll be progression focused or super-casual, or somewhere inbetween. The most succesful teams we've seen in the past have been those that filled a niche that wasn't being served - either late night raiding, or weekend afrternoon raiding, or super-casual last minute tuesday raiding.

Once you've had a chat with someone and decided you're up for it, let an officer know and we'll set you up with times/dates on the calendar, support on the forums, and any other help we can give.

Although the raid teams are very autonomous there are a few things that we would remind you of:

- you're still part of PCG, so 'don't be a dick' still applies
    - dont abuse your position as leader to get shiny loot for you or your friends
    - don't abandon your new raid team after 3 or 4 weeks. This is just the time when things start to gel and players get into a routine. In other words, don't do this unless you're in it for a couple of months at the least.

I hope that helps anyone who is looking to form their own team. If you have any questions/insults/funny pictures, please post them in this thread or contact me in game.

Last edited by Akee; 11-30-2010 at 02:20 PM.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 12-01-2010, 07:51 PM
    Tim Edwards

I endorse this message.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 12-15-2010, 10:48 AM

Gimme a few weeks (read months) to hit 85 and i'll be willing to lead one on my new gobbo warr I've lead before so know the emorage of not being able to go somewhere because of missing one healer ^^

-Mental
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 12-25-2010, 10:55 AM

Seeing as I'll be trying to get Super going again in the new year, I just had a question about addons you leaders are using.
    What are the essentials?
    I have DBM and Deus Vox (although they havn't updated DV for cata yet), a loot mod to divvy stuff up, a quick marking tool but are there any others I should have that you would rate as "essential"?
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 12-26-2010, 11:28 AM

I only use Raid watch 2, which is really like DMB and Raid buff status. All the other addons I use aren't really essential, I just like a purdy UI
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 12-26-2010, 04:05 PM

Some kind of raid buff addon is good - I use raidbuffstatus

Headcount is an excellent loot tracker mod, allowing you to see a raid by raid list of who has won loot, whether it was MS or OS and even which pieces of loot were disenchanted
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 09-07-2011, 04:01 AM

Default SB

I've lead before so know the emorage of not being able to go somewhere because of missing one healer ^^