Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Class Discussion

#1   Report Post  
    Old 10-18-2010, 09:46 AM

Default Quick Fury Warrior Guide for 4.0.1

This is a very quick summary for anyone that is interested in the changes to Fury warrior in patch 4.0. This is really aimed at people that used Fury pre patch 4 and would like some quick info on how to play post patch 4!

Some of the info is obviously subject to change at anytime, but if you weren't sure how to setup your warrior after the patch it should help your dps alot.
    Also see the link at the bottom for a decent video guide from which this info is based on (copied from!).

Talents
    [URL="http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#LhZcrrcszkMfdZb:kzmcVw0kz"]http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#LhZcrrcszkMfdZb:kzmcVw0kz[/URL]

Glyphs
    Prime:
    Raging Blow
    Bloodthirst
    Slam

Major:
    Cleaving
    Heroic throw
    Death Wish

Minor:
    Battle
    Command
    Berserker Rage

Rotation
    Heroic Strike>Bloodthirst>Raging Blow>Slam (slam is a bit meh, see below)

Ideally you want to use Heroic Strike all the time, this means do not rage starve yourself using Bloodthirst and Raging Blow. This mindset is the complete opposite of the Fury rotation pre patch 4.0 where you would only HS when you had excess rage.

Make sure you spam Battle Shout or Commanding Shout along with Berserker Rage as soon as they are off cooldown all the time for maxiumum rage gen meaning more Heroric Strikes.

Slam is kinda crappy right now, so you can even omit it from the rotation or only use it when you have a instant proc, are rage maxed and everything else is on cooldown!

Target below 20%? Then Execute Execute Execute! nothing else! its that good... really!

Reforging
    Crit into hit until you have 27% hit rating (or very close to that), then reforge the rest of your Crit in to haste. Why all the hit and haste? This helps to maximise rage gen and allow you to use Heroic Strike more often which = moar dps.

Gemming
    Red Socket: Strength
    Yellow Socket: Stength & Haste
    Blue Socket: Strength & Hit

This info is a quick summary of the info by Thegreatme from tankspot.
    Check out the video on his thread for more info here: [URL="http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?71166-Understanding-Fury-in-4.0"]http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?71166-Understanding-Fury-in-4.0[/URL]

Last edited by Zerne; 10-18-2010 at 12:08 PM.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 10-18-2010, 12:53 PM

A word of warning. Opening with heroic strike straight off will probably kill you.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 10-18-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Klogaroth View Post
    A word of warning. Opening with heroic strike straight off will probably kill you.
    Rofl. Surely this is a good thing though, amiright?
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 10-18-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
    I tried this out last night in Halls of reflection, I didn't die or pull aggro and was topping dps. It goes without saying that if you attack the instant the tank pulls with a class with no aggro reduction you are an idiot in the first place, and deserve to die
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 10-18-2010, 07:19 PM

Tell that to the Light of Dawn fury warrior I had in a random...............

Sometimes you get the feeling that even those who are massively successful in raiding are still devoid of a brain.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 10-18-2010, 09:17 PM

Quote:
    Tell that to the Light of Dawn fury warrior I had in a random...............

Sometimes you get the feeling that even those who are massively successful in raiding are still devoid of a brain.
    Is that a reference to LoD, or to Zerne? :-p
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 10-18-2010, 10:58 PM

The LoD. Although I assume it's because he knows he won't die in Wrath 5 mans. For some reason though some dps don't really care if they make dungeons and raids far less enjoyable for the tank by working against him instead of with him. Sitting there with the dps you refuses to play properly, thus starving you of your resources is somewhat short of fun. Especially when you know there's no consequence to him doing that.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 10-19-2010, 12:29 AM

Well the DPS that do that are going to get a somewhat rude awakening come cataclysm ^^

Also its worth noting that the theorycrafting[URL="http://elitistjerks.com/f81/t106912-fury_dps_4_0_cataclysm/"] here[/URL] indicates that the above method of gemming and specing for haste is a DPS loss.

Last edited by Thumpy; 10-19-2010 at 12:38 AM.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 10-19-2010, 09:12 AM

It also suggests later on in the same thread that its a gain *shrug* I don't think anyone knows as yet for definite.

I would say that if you have enough rage to use all your abilities soon as they are off cooldown then haste is devalued considerably.

Last edited by Zerne; 10-19-2010 at 09:32 AM.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 10-19-2010, 05:38 PM

Hmm I didn't see the later thread until just now, I guess I have to go off of my experience of changing out haste to hit and finding I can easily hit 9 or 10k DPS in a 5 man heroic, Though I am skeptical of the AE damage we used to be able to do being possible now, my single target DPS has increased considerably.

I'm still playing on a laptop using my wireless connection so I can only imagine what someone with a powerful desktop plus a decent connection is capable of.