Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > 25 Man Raid Team

#1   Report Post  
    Old 09-27-2010, 12:51 PM

Default The Lich King is Dead. Again.

Last night, PCG killed The Lich King in 25-man mode for the fifth time. This will also be the final time.

Cataclysm is likely to launch in just over a month. The wind-down from WotLK is almost complete, and our signups have been reflecting this; about 5 weeks ago we were at our raiding peak, with 30+ Raid Wing players signing up. Now we're struggling to get a raid, and I've decided that we all deserve a break. We've been inside ICC almost every day for 9 months now, and I'm pretty fed up with it. I think many people would like some time off, and I'd rather we all came back refreshed once Cata launches.

That said, I'd be sad if I didn't speak at any of you for over a month! To this end, I will be posting ONE Team Donkey raid each week, but this time to ULDUAAAAAAAR! There is one boss in WotLK that we haven't ever seen on 25-man mode, let alone killed; Algalon the Observer. There is also a very nice meta achievement and accompanying drake that I believe we are capable of obtaining.

So, if you loved Ulduar the first time, or you never got the chance to see some of the hard modes, we've got a few raids to delve back into that Titans' Prison. Usual Team Donkey rules apply. We will be alternating between Sunday and Monday to give everyone chance to participate. If you never raided Ulduar seriously, I'd urge you to come along; it is, for my money, the best raid ever in WoW, and the hard modes are still challenging now.

Its been emotional. Let's end WotLK with a (big) bang!
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 09-27-2010, 01:00 PM

After reading previous posts I was worried that we were going to lose our 25 man raids between now and Cata. Despite the hard work through progression I have really enjoyed them and working with all the members involved.

Despite having a passioonate hate for Ulduar (a long story) I will continue to raid as and when I can, simply because I enjoy raiding with you all. Sarkris will be very excited to hear that we are heading back to one of the raids he is determined to finish and get the achievements for. We both have some RL stuff going on at the moment (hence why we haven't been to signing for 25 man regularly) but we will be there as often as we can, to try and complete it all before Cata hits!

Thanks to Darieth and Akee for taking us through ICC, it can't have been easy at the best of times. Grats on getting the Lich King down again, shame I had to miss it!
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 09-27-2010, 04:04 PM

Thos of you suffering from ICC-25 withdrawal symptons feel free to come along on tuesdays - i'll still be running the raid there as long as there are enough signups, and I plan to mix it up from week to week by going to the blood or dragony wings instead of plague every time.

Thanks to everyone who's helped us over the last 12 months - I think it was about a year ago that we made our first real push into 25-man raids with our hardcore week. Great to see how far we've come in that time!
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 09-27-2010, 06:12 PM

It's been a great roller-coaster journey. Climaxing with our first kill of Arthas.
    I am happy to see that a sensible suggestion has come from our great and good, and we can now go back and enjoy the mighty Ulduar.
    All plans sound great to me. Hopefully this will allow us to relax a little (obviously not when tackling hard-modes and Algalon) before Cata hits.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 09-27-2010, 09:04 PM

It is in the universe's best interest to re-originate this planet should my analysis find systemic corruption.
    DO NOT interfere.