Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Starcraft II

#11   Report Post  
    Old 09-17-2010, 04:16 AM

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAM41idmdIo&feature=player_embedded"]Insane AI Faceoff 1v1 (Terrans)[/URL]

Crazy video. The Insane AIs must have been neural-scanned off a Korean's brain or something.

The guy's pretty chatty in the video, but I found it mostly entertaining.

PC Gamer Game Club
    Game of the Week - Amnesia: The Dark Descent
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 09-17-2010, 02:45 PM

That's a load of replays Infirm! I'll have a look over some of them later and might even be able to give advice as I've played quite a few games a s zerg.

Quango asked in another thread if I could upload a macro game, and ask and ye shall receive!
    [url=http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=download&id=149614][/url]

This is a long TvT on Steppes of War against a diamond ranked player. I opened with a banshee timing attack, switching into mass tank/marauder/viking. He attacks my gold expansion, but knowing that I'm on more bases than him I decide to trade bases, taking out his natural, and then I manage to win by just having more stuff than him.
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 09-17-2010, 08:56 PM

[url=http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=download&id=149663][/url]

Now this is becoming a trend with me, ten wins now in 17 games (yay me! Still on practice though). Interestingly I consistently have a weaker army strenght than the opposition (Spoiler!!!) and yet am increasingly pushing through to win.

Ive been practicing with the Zerg, as something about them appeals to me more than terran or protos, but I doubt I ill ever be any good with them as the swarm mentality just doesn't come naturally to me!
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 09-18-2010, 12:24 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rope View Post
    That's a load of replays Infirm!.
    Yes apologies for the spam. I'll resort to posting one at a time in future but I was still fairly pumped on the adrenaline rush of playing those games when I uploaded them. :P
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 09-18-2010, 12:53 AM

Judging from these replays and from my own games it seems that it's actually the exception rather than the rule for people to gg out of games these days. Back when I played WC3 almost everyone would at least give you a gg before they left. Most SC2 players these days just seem to rage quit out without saying a word. I'm almost surprised now when someone actually says gg before they leave. :P

I always try and make a point to at least give a gg on the way out, even if I'm furious with myself for throwing a game away.
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 09-18-2010, 09:06 AM

Yeah I was gonna gg out of everygame, but after I played a few matches I thought, fuck it..It's easier just to hit surrender.

I think the loser should reserve GG for when the game was good.
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 09-18-2010, 09:25 PM

[url=http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=download&id=150025][/url]

I can be fairly competent when not faced with the likes of Rope and Ice, whom I suspect are having some sort of intimate relationship with the game (They are a bit good).
    Anyway, the remarkable thing about this game is the general top draw sportsmanship of the fellow i'm playing against who is still pleasant and good natured even in defeat. I am increasingly finding that most people playing it are just downright ignorant, the game I played this morning was one of the most enjoyable I had as it was a very even match eventually resulting in my defeat!
    But from the very opening gambits to his final victory the other chap was just such an ignorant miserable bastard it would make you wonder whether those stories in the daily mail don't have some truth to them.
      #18   Report Post  
    Old 09-19-2010, 10:41 AM

I'll tend to always say gg even if it hasn't been a good game at all. I do it more to just assert that I am in fact a human being and it's nice when others do it too so it doesn't just feel like I'm playing an AI. If I genuinely think it has been a good game and I've been entertainingly outplayed (or it was close) then I'll probably add a "wp" in as well.

I won't ever leave a game without saying something though, as to me it just seems rude, although perhaps I'm too easily offended in that regard or too old school. :P
      #19   Report Post  
    Old 09-19-2010, 07:36 PM

Ive had a few GGs before an immediate surrender, too quick for me to "GG" back before he quits.

This game should have an after-game chat thing while your'e still on the game summery screen, would allow for some post-game talk about strategy and a few "I thought you had me there when you-" or "Wow, how did you get medivacs so quick?" etc.

A major problem of RTS games online, and thats everyone seems to be in a hurry. Shame, mainly as when we get beat, having some input from the other guy can be massively helpfull in refining our tactics.
      #20   Report Post  
    Old 09-19-2010, 07:51 PM

That's indeed one of downfalls of the current Battle.net. Inside, there is no sense of community. I'm often the only one saying 'gl hf' and 'gg' at the beginning/end of games and it can be quite discouraging at times.

The amount of cheese there seems to be has gone up lately, 9/10 games I play I have to defend against some kind of early rush, be it Void Rays, 2-gate, 6-pool, Marauder 2-Racks, bunker proxy etc. I'd just really like to have some good army vs army games for a change.