Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Eve Online > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
      #1   Report Post  
    Old 09-16-2010, 12:57 PM

Default Ship Setups - PvP

Glancing over the killboard losses over my lunch I thought it might be handy to have a thread exclusively for showing/asking questions about fitting ships for PvP. Just post up any fits you might be using or planning to use to get some advice and give other people some fresh ideas on how to setup/fly their preferred mode of destruction.

This is a Stabber setup I'll be using in about a week if Evemon is anything to go by:

[Stabber, PvP]
    Overdrive Injector System I
    Nanofiber Internal Structure I

10MN MicroWarpdrive I
    Warp Disruptor I
    Large Shield Extender I

220mm Vulcan AutoCannon I, EMP M
    Assault Missile Launcher I, Sabretooth Light Missile
    Assault Missile Launcher I, Sabretooth Light Missile

Hobgoblin I x1

2400 m/s
    1+10km range for the Autocannons
    < 18km range for the Assault Launchers
    Capacitor usage is pretty good with low skills
    107 dps
    436 volley damage (as EFT still doesn't combine missile and turret volley damage?)

As with most of my current setups it's all T1 because it's cheap and that's all I can actually use right now just scale up to T2 or best named depending on your skills/isk.

Your going to be in web/scram range to do any kind of damage so this is a cruiser to be used in a fleet rather than solo as the LSE is only a minor tank that allows you to take a hit before you move out of range.

2400 m/s is quite nippy and will normally let you run back to a gate or burn away from the gate with the LSE absorbing the initial damage while speedtanking most damage.

The effectiveness of this setup is massively increased with T2 ACs and medium ambit extension rigs, but it's still a reliable and fun cruiser to use with just T1 fittings.

In the complete opposite direction is the long range fit Rupture:

[Rupture, PvP]
    Reactor Control Unit I
    Gyrostabilizer I
    Tracking Enhancer I
    Tracking Enhancer I

10MN MicroWarpdrive I
    Warp Disruptor I
    Large Shield Extender I

650mm Artillery Cannon I, Depleted Uranium M
    Standard Missile Launcher I, Sabretooth Light Missile
    Standard Missile Launcher I, Sabretooth Light Missile

Warrior I x4

1507 m/s
    22+28km range for the Arty so you'll be reliably hitting out to around 30-40km (although pushing it at 40km)
    31km range for the standard missile launchers
    Capacitor usage is good with low skills
    96 dps
    614 volley damage - including missile damage

T1 fit because I'm cheap yadda yadda yadda, but T2 and rigs really make a long range fit shine (particularly rigs) and this fit works much better on a Hurricane (or better yet a Muninn) , but if you don't want to spend 30mil or so on a Battlecruiser hull I've used this in the past and it works ok. 720s are also really much better, but if you have to use more than 2 fitting modules to cram on some higher tier guns you probably shouldn't be fitting them on in the first place. I've also put a point on as having plenty of points in a fleet is never a bad thing, but a sensor booster or tracking computer can both be used instead if you've got plenty of tacklers. The standards add a little more damage, but are also nice to harass tacklers and it's the same for the warriors.

Long range fits only really have a place in fleets as with more than 5 or so people the ability to put out large amounts of damage instantaneously and at range starts to outweigh the increased dps of close range fits.

Oh and SHC is still the best place to find good and interesting setups:

[url]http://www.scrapheap-challenge.com/viewforum.php?f=3[/url]