Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

#1   Report Post  
    Old 06-06-2013, 01:36 PM

Default Worth reinstalling Diablo 3..?

I bought it when released, played for about a week.. uninstalled & haven't touched it since.
    Just wondering what (if anything) has changed, and if you guys think it's worth reinstalling..?
    I've no interest whatsoever in the Auction House, PvP or MP.. I'm a single player kinda guy (no friends)

Thanks.

Last edited by miseryguts; 06-06-2013 at 04:18 PM.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 06-06-2013, 01:54 PM

I still play it on and off. It can be fun in small doses. Just pick the character you like better first. I tend to do solo runs for some legendaries with my barbarian.

Also, it's best to gear up now before they release it on PS4. More new players = higher AH prices.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 06-06-2013, 01:57 PM

it's BORING
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 06-06-2013, 02:36 PM

Neah, it's OK I guess. They made some changes here and there, mostly good, but the game has remain the same. If you disliked the game mechanics at start then don't bother, it's the same.

But, if you played a week then you pretty much missed on everything. Give it a shot.

AFAIK the PS3 version will use a different AH. Also, the OP stated that he doesn't care about the AH ... like any proper Diablo player shouldn't.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 06-06-2013, 03:11 PM

I liked it playing multiplayer but after completing it for the 5th time and doing the last mission on inferno difficulty multiple times, it gets really boring.

Steam: BillyB0y91
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 06-06-2013, 03:12 PM

it doesn't cost anything to install or play you have nothing to lose other than a bit time.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 06-06-2013, 03:27 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aever View Post
    Also, the OP stated that he doesn't care about the AH ... like any proper Diablo player shouldn't.
    You can't... you really can not, not care about the AH. The AH wasn't build around Diablo 3, rather: Diablo 3 was build around the AH. It affected the (in)game on release and I hope Blizzard patched it thoroughly enough by now.

Coudln't care about it anymore, sadly...they lost me after about 2 weeks. What a disappointment after a decade playing Diablo 2.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 06-06-2013, 06:30 PM

I still play it every now and then. Reinstall, why not.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 06-06-2013, 09:38 PM

I loved Diablo 2 but like Starcraft 2, it's not evolved at all, just feels like a step backwards and the gameplay is the same. The story is so shit too, loved the story in Diablo 2, they just ruined it in 3...

Blizzard suck, haven't made anything of any worth since WoW but all their chinese fanbois will bum them to the end of the earth.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 06-07-2013, 07:49 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BadRix View Post
    You can't... you really can not, not care about the AH. The AH wasn't build around Diablo 3, rather: Diablo 3 was build around the AH. It affected the (in)game on release and I hope Blizzard patched it thoroughly enough by now.
    You're right to some extend, but not entirely. Yeah, the game was build around the damn thing, with loot tables "gently" "encouraging" players to use the AH to be able to push forward. AFAIK this has been somehow addressed with patches, so a player could right now progress without using the AH and not feel like he's pissing against the wind (OK ... not a strong wind ...).

Where it gets annoying is multiplayer, because there you come in direct competition with players geared from the AH ... and you will be destroyed for a long time before becoming competitive.

Quote:
    Coudln't care about it anymore, sadly...they lost me after about 2 weeks. What a disappointment after a decade playing Diablo 2.
    Absolutely true. So many years of Diablo 2, so many years waiting for Diablo 3 and we get ... mostly nothing we wanted. Epic disappointment indeed.