Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Awesome

#1   Report Post  
    Old 05-29-2013, 08:05 AM

Default Raid Report 28/05/13

Attendees:
    Tanks: Slim and Doom
    Healers: Sid, MedĪ and Somni
    Melee: Verakan
    Ranged: Zalid, Korannis, Bleag, Dcdarkling, Adragosh, Waloper and Aph

As we had such a good turn out Korannis, Adragosh and Zalid sat out the first half and Verakan, Bleag and Dcdarkling sat out the second.

We spent the entire night progressing on Tortos. In all honesty I thought we would have made better progress on this fight, but it just wasn't to be.

The first half was a bit dodgy with DPS and healing being on the low side. This meant that the turtles weren't dying fast enough to interrupt the first breath or people just weren't being kept alive. Our best attempt saw him down to 70%.
    The secind half was more promising with us getting him to 50% a number of times. The DPS was all a lot higher and the healers were getting into the swing of it.

Our biggest issue seemed to be the kicking of the turtles. We seemed to be doing really well and then a turtle wouldn't get kicked or would get kicked in the wrong direction and the breath would wipe us. A few people had a go at kicking it but in the end we settled with me doing it as my DPS was lowest anyway. The biggest issue I had was that occassionally I wouldn't be in the right place due to a stun or being thrown in the air at a crucial moment. I think this will just come with practice though.

All in all, it was an OK night, although I think we could do better.

Thursday we will be heading straight back into ToT to kill the first 3 bosses and begin work on Tortos again. Now that most people have raided I have a good indication of who I will take to 'easy' fights and who I will take to progression fights. Obviously as people gear up they can start coming to progression fights, I just want to give everyone the best chance possible to progress.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 05-29-2013, 02:55 PM

It does seem to be all about timing. When I did it with Epic Darieth was healing and doing the kicking so the DPS could concentrate on the turtles which makes sense.

BTW have you invited the new guys to the LFR raid on Wednesdays? It would be good for them to come along as well.

Realm First! Zen Master Cook - 25th Sep 2012
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 05-29-2013, 04:56 PM

We all overlooked posting the LFR for this Wednesday. I put it up late last night.
    Manually inviting people to events is a pita tbh. But I will see if I get the time to post a few LFRs with invites.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 05-29-2013, 04:59 PM

Think you have it spot on Aph. We seem to have most of the tactics down now, and are killing things quite well. We just need more practice at kicking.

Good that you now know who to take to the easier fights as there have been some unnecessary comments about why you are taking some people to a progression fight. Some people need to chill and let you do your job, unless they want to put their hand up as a raid leader. No ? I thought so

No log from last night as I forgot to restart it after I logged over to my JC to cut some gems. I must remember to start the darn log
    It may be a good idea if someone else who will not be sitting out also can log the raid. If anyone is interested let me know and I can let you have access.

Last edited by Zalid; 05-29-2013 at 05:02 PM.