Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Magazine and site talk

#1   Report Post  
    Old 09-09-2010, 12:44 PM
    Banned

Default Forum sugesstion

Regional forums to separate US and UK users, as well as moderator of the two,. It is becoming clearer each post that UK PC Gamer staff don't like American's. Also find that when it comes to forum posting, it is "ok" to bash American's but as American's we can't bash any nationality unless it is our own. Also find the UK moderators are moderating out of personal beliefs instead of a rule of conduct.

The dividing line between the UK and American cultures are actually quite big, from humor, politics and religion.

Also feel that any talk of Religion or politics should be banned from the forums, cause it is a fire hole for flame wars and personal beliefs to get the better of people. My boycott of the magazine will continue unless some forum adjustments are made.

Have a great day.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 09-09-2010, 12:50 PM

It amuses that you wish to ban talk of politics or religion yet you have immediately posted in the Pastor vs Koran thread.

I havent seen any evidence of the mods posting against the US or vice versa.

PCG Game Club
    Steam

Also on Origin
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 09-09-2010, 12:54 PM
    Banned

Not that mods are posting against US, but allowing forum users to belittle Americans. Those one line jabs that "American's are this..that and the other." If I would say Pakistanis are this that and the other, for some reason has a different dynamic... ?

I feel a biased. And when you are trying to build a community site, that is something that shouldn't be a part of it.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 09-09-2010, 02:49 PM

!!! Critical Sense of Humour Failure Detected !!!

Seriously though Freedom, chillax. Picking on America is like insulting the[URL="http://workboywork.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/ginger-baby.jpg"] ginger kid[/URL] at school. Yes its wrong, but its funny.

If you don't like a post some one has made, then just reply to it constructively and point out the idiots that they ultimately are. As for the admins, we are all at the mercy of their fickle whims, but such is the price of [URL="http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Business/images/4chan-logo.jpg"]adverting chaos[/URL]

Last edited by Krieg; 09-09-2010 at 03:00 PM.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 09-09-2010, 03:07 PM
    Banned

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Krieg View Post
    Yes its wrong, but its funny.

If you don't like a post some one has made, then just reply to it constructively and point out the idiots that they ultimately are.
    So it is ok to make fun of Americans, because they are idiots ? SO anyone who has an opinion outside of another person is an idiot, and it would seem the moderation of the forum follow this philosophy. The world can hate America, but American's can't hate the world, it is disgusting.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 09-09-2010, 03:21 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by American_Freedom View Post
    So it is ok to make fun of Americans, because they are idiots ? SO anyone who has an opinion outside of another person is an idiot, and it would seem the moderation of the forum follow this philosophy. The world can hate America, but American's can't hate the world, it is disgusting.
    You call for locking threads and stopping discussion in case it offends. Sorry bub. I just dont follow, there are plenty of people on here that actively post (i'm looking for you Stinging Velvet - where are you when i need you?!) that offer brilliant sides to discussion from your side of the Atlantic.

I disagree wholeheartedly about your comments on UK/US divide. Its a complete nonsense.

PCG Game Club
    Steam

Also on Origin
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 09-09-2010, 03:28 PM

Yeah i also disagree and for one have met some genuinley interesting people here from across the pond.

I do not see the 'percieved' bias, or any selective discrimination of ANY sort from the UK writers or the mods. In fact the UK writers have been pretty damn specific that they see the mixing of the two sites as a really good thing and one that can only strengthen the 'magazine' as a whole.

If you have specific complaints, then post them and they'll get addressed, but unfortunatley as it stands i think you're over reacting over gods knows what.

Finally, seperating the forums will have precisely the opposite effect to the one you wish- if there IS any kind of latent animosity from either side, then the best way to combat it is to have both communities mix, interact and discuss. On the most part a differing viewpoint is exceptionally useful and for those just being dicks, the golden rule get's em and to be frank, if anyone IS being a dick they'll get rounded on by the regular posters damn quickly.

Relax, adjust to the new forum and get involved- it's not as bad as you think and we can all learn something from each other and make friends.

-------
    An irreverent look at gaming, and film; www.TheFunTurret.com
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 09-09-2010, 03:33 PM

We all like poking fun at each other, i personal have not seen any evidence of genuine hatred for each other. But like Spatual said if dont like somthing then your more than welcome to post it and talk about it.

Sapphire HD 5850
    intel core 7 2600k
    8 gig of DDr3
    Asus P8P67
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 09-09-2010, 03:40 PM
    Grand Inquisitor

Send a message via Skype™ to SAeN

What ever happened to the [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Relationship"]Special Relationship[/URL]?
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 09-09-2010, 04:01 PM
    Tim Edwards

Quote:
    Originally Posted by American_Freedom View Post
    Regional forums to separate US and UK users, as well as moderator of the two,. It is becoming clearer each post that UK PC Gamer staff don't like American's. Also find that when it comes to forum posting, it is "ok" to bash American's but as American's we can't bash any nationality unless it is our own. Also find the UK moderators are moderating out of personal beliefs instead of a rule of conduct.

The dividing line between the UK and American cultures are actually quite big, from humor, politics and religion.

Also feel that any talk of Religion or politics should be banned from the forums, cause it is a fire hole for flame wars and personal beliefs to get the better of people. My boycott of the magazine will continue unless some forum adjustments are made.

Have a great day.
    Don't be ridiculous. We hate everyone equally.