Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Planetside 2 > Planetside 2 UK

#1   Report Post  
    Old 05-22-2013, 12:50 PM

Default GU 09: New Lattice System on Indar

[URL="https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/server-downtime-game-update-09-05-22-2013.127601/#post-1753938"]https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/server-downtime-game-update-09-05-22-2013.127601/#post-1753938[/URL]

By the sound of it Indar will be a very different place. Bet the lag will be worse worse than usual there this week.

Also, new max abilities .
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 05-22-2013, 05:10 PM

Quote:
    Stopped a jump pad at the Allatum Bio Lab from launching you into a tree
    Haha That's pretty funny - I'm going over theeeeeerrr.....THUMP.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 05-22-2013, 05:52 PM

New Harasser weapons are pretty awesome. Explosive chaingun thingy which is very good against armour. And a Fury style launcher with a larger clip. I'm not 100% sure what the bonus to the Fury is over it, as the new one is 25% of the price

Eve Online
    Joseph Baratheon
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 05-22-2013, 06:29 PM

Not sure about the unstoppable NC Max getting a new shield. :/
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 05-22-2013, 09:26 PM

The lattice system will hopefully deal away with ghost capping bastards and allow for some sort of more organised defence against zergs thanks to more strictly defined routes. It also means meat grinder battles.

At least, thats what i expect. I never got a chance to play on indar today. My NC Character kept getting disconnected on colbalt and my TR soldier in miller couldn't get in. So i spent the day fighting NC and failing misably. Highlight of the day, shooting down a reaver that was trying to land on the landing pad and making a real meal of it.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 05-23-2013, 09:35 AM

Tried it for a bit yesterday and it's definitely an improvement, you know where to set up defenses now and the bases are better to fight in.

Only critic I have is its still easier to move in the north-south direction (favoring the south) than the east-west, so the way warpgates are at the minute means VS and NC still won't attack each other. But I don't think anyone will be capping Indar for a while.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 05-25-2013, 03:13 PM

I had a go at it yesterday and tbh? Its changed very little. The ghost capping has been eliminated and makes me happy.

The lattice system pretty much follows the majority of pathways that anyone uses anyway, so no big deal. Although i must admit i had a cracker of a time yesterday when i played as NC on colbalt whereby we somehow captured dakhaka Amp station early on and caused no end in grief to both TR and VS who attempted to capture and move on. Even as we got severed we still held on and we pushed them out each time. Hilarious as we cut the life blood to both Tr and VS main routes.

What wasn't so funny was when the VS decided to push in on the west side. and we were reduced to bare bones.

The crown remake has been mixed. The added additional jump pads at the bottom are a welcome relief. The capture points are a bit crap as its lop sided. rather then split into equal areas. hell it should be one per bridge.