Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Awesome

#1   Report Post  
    Old 05-14-2013, 10:23 PM

Default Raid Report 14/05/13

Log of last hour as I forgot to start it earlier :
    [url]http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-b9tiom7axu4zcyos/[/url]
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 05-15-2013, 07:36 AM

Attendees:
    Tanks: Slim and Marlin
    Healers: Sid, Medi, Doom and Sark
    Melee: Somni and Desastrus
    Ranged: Zalid, Waloper, Littlesky and Aph
    Sat out: Gluggie and Bleag

We had some great sign ups tonight so unfortunately I had to ask some people to sit out the entire night.
    Waloper sat out the first half, and was swapped with Desastrus in the second part. Doom also sat out the second half to be replaced by Sark.

We went straight to ToT to take a look at council again. The one thing I will say about this fight is that once you know what is going on and learn not to panic with all of the timers, it really is straight forward. Although we didn't manage to kill it last night we did make some good progression and were getting a lot further into the fight towards the end of the night. I think there were only two things holding us back. 1) the healing numbers were a little low and some healers were having mana issues 2) People were making silly mistakes such as standing in sand traps or letting the spirit add get to the boss.

I am disappointed that we didn't kill it last night as we really should have, but I think it is one of those fights that as long as it runs smoothly and noone dies it will be an easy kill.

Thursday we will start ToT again so make sure you sign up. I am hoping to get Horridon down quickly to give us even more time to work on the Council.

Make sure you read up on tactics again and any class specific guides that may help you maximise your dps/healing for that fight. Although the DPS numbers were ok in terms of enrage etc I would like to see them higher.

Good work evereyone, we didn't kill it but we did make some progress.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 05-15-2013, 05:29 PM

Shame we didn't kill it, but the fundamentals are there.

A few things I would change :

Concentrate melee on Sul at the start with range on Malakk as he was going down very quickly. Too quickly tbh. That would bring Sul down more and probably allow us to kill him when he is empowered.
    Dedicate someone to call out the spirit add, as the only issue we really had with it was switching to it. Hunter traps could have been better, but if we know the spirit is about to spawn it was being killed without much fuss.
    Sid is going to get hold of the Grounding Totem glyph, which will allow us to nuke Karazjin down a lot more on his first roll. As this will nullify his damage reflection for one of his stunned periods.

Other than that all we need to do is stay focused and calm and we'll down it.