Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Awesome

#1   Report Post  
    Old 05-08-2013, 07:47 AM

Default Raid Report 07/05/13

Attendees: A good mixture of Awesome and Schism, I have the full list at home and will add it tonight.

We had 11 people so we swapped someone out every hour to ensure that everyone had a good chance to raid.

We started on Horridon as that is where we were in ToT. In hind site I probably should have sent us to Terrace so that we could have a good go at content we knew we could kill easily and help merge the team a bit better. We also 3 healed it which probably made our lives a little more difficult than it needed to be but I really wanted to see how Schism performed in their main specs.

However, having said that we had a good night working on Horridon. For a chaotic fight where the players really don't know each other we did really well. After the first hour we managed to get to a point where we got Horridon down to 40mill, before both tanks mysteriously died. As promised, at 9.30 I sat the lowest DPS out, unfortunately it was me. I am hoping that Doom can fill in the rest of the raid report for me and I wouldn't be surprised if Horridon died.

As an overall observation the night went well. I had not picked the easiest fight for us to start on, especially as a number of Schism had not worked on him before but we progressed a lot quicker than I expected us to and we were hitting the third door pretty much from the start. Once we started to unpick the chaos and got into the rhythm of the fight, understanding how both guilds play we really started pushing into the final phase. We were incredibly close to killing him before I stepped out.

I did make a few mistakes with asking people to swap to their offspecs which weren't really strong enough but that was soon identified and things changed around again. Until we really get to know each other it will be a bit of trial and error.

However, both teams seemed to get along like a house on fire. We seem to have a similar ethos for raiding which always helps. I don't think it will be long before we are all settled into the team and really hitting progression content.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 05-08-2013, 08:28 AM

Default Raid Report Part 2

Tanks: Slím and Doómy

Dps : Somni, Waloper, Bleag, Adragosh, Korannis and Aphaeas

Healers : Totemchucker, Medi and Gárcia

MIA : Zalid due to Death of Router

Like Aph said not an easy fight for people to join up and learn how each other works, but the collabaration went really well. 11 attempts to kill as basically a whole new team isnt that bad,it would have been 10 but i had gone in to kitty to dps and Slim missed an ability but meh we killed it next go.

Once everyone gets settled i cant see why the interupts on those pesky poison swines goes a little better. The thing is not to panic as it is not a hard fight just annoying at times.

Ok lets talk about the Death of Barney's Adopted Very Special Brother.

The kill was almost clinical a few casts got off and no one died which was the main point.The dps burned stuff down required and there was some very good numbers from people. And the healing was spot on.

Thing is if you dont think you did well enough or feel you are lacking something talk to one of the others who may have been above you on dps, i'm sure they dont bite.

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come were we continue to kill thing together and the main thing Have Fun whilst doing it. People may be swapped around in future as well so dont feel as if you are been shunned.

Loot: Os shoulder for Doómy and Dps melee Trinket went to Slím

See you all Thursday for our Next Adventure

Doom

Last edited by Doomcluck; 05-08-2013 at 09:12 AM.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 05-08-2013, 09:45 AM

I'm glad you managed to kill him. I would have been disappointed if you hadn't.

I don't normally sit out of raids but my DPS was really low last night I think due to trying to watch what everyone was doing more than I would normally. Once the teams settle I will probably be panicing a little less and playing a little better.

I will get all of Schism invited to Awesomes raid on Thursday and some may be shipped off to Win. I am not sure what the plan is for Thursday. We may do a warm up raid in ToES as it only takes an hour and then head to ToT.

Doom, if you see them online today could you please tell them that they are welcome to LFR with us tonight. That will help us all gel and get some gear. Yes, I will actually be in LFR tonight :O
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 05-08-2013, 09:52 AM

Already told them about LFR
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 05-08-2013, 06:20 PM

Good to see things went well last night.
    Your dps will suffer a lot when trying to watch the whole raid. I know from when I am leading that particular fight. I am trying to call out everything, keep an eye on everyone, marking targets, along with the normal workload. Once you can depend on people to do their jobs, and offload some of the work (like marking), to others, you can just try and do your own job. Don't let it get you down Aph. We could always promote random raid members to lead the raid on each night. That will show them how much work it actually is.
    As per Akee :
    [url]http://www.darklegacycomics.com/374.html[/url]
    I love this one

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Doomcluck View Post
    MIA : Zalid due to Death of Router
    I've actually solved it now. It was the power adaptor that had snuffed it. Got a mulit-adaptor from Maplin this afternoon, and all looks good. Replacement router from Sky should be here soon anyway, but at least I can keep this old one in case it is ever needed