Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Eve Online > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
      #1   Report Post  
    Old 09-07-2010, 07:54 AM

Default t3 cross training

Cross training question.

Right, assuming a massive tax bill doesn’t land on my doorstep today I’ll be re-subbing this weekend. I was in the process of training for a Proteus, for solo WH and low-sec/null exploration (running plexe’s, anomalies etc).
    I keep hearing that the Tengu is the better option for PvE. Repeatedly. A lot. So a few questions- and I’m assuming a few of the older players may have info on this;
    -Is the slight reduction in the proteus pve effectiveness offset by its capacity to double as a pvp boat (i.e. if you get pirated you have better than even chances of getting out/killing them- assuming no blob obv).
    -Is the Tengu really superior to the proteus for pve- specifically anomalies and upto C3’s?
    -How much of a hassle is it for a gallente focused pilot (only average missile skills) to cross train for a tengu and is it worth the effort?
    -What DO I need to train to be able to fly it? i.e. do I need to go and get all the (amarr??) frigate skills up to five and THEN train all the subsystem skills, or is there like a ‘cross training’ skill I need?

Cheeeeers.

-------
    An irreverent look at gaming, and film; www.TheFunTurret.com