Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

#1   Report Post  
    Old 04-17-2013, 03:28 AM

Lightbulb There will be a CryEngine3 remake Monster Hunter MMO, in China

First post this on polygon forum but seems no one even notice it after a day, I don't think this should be ignored, and you definitely will report this after about 24 hours because of Capcom has been involved in.

According to Crytek's official announcement: [url]http://www.crytek.com/news/cryengine--3-set-to-bring-monster-hunter-online-to-life[/url]

Quote:
    a major new collaboration between Tencent Games and Capcom that will see the popular Monster Hunter series released internationally on Windows platforms for the first time.
    Quote:
    Monster Hunter Online will be developed for the international market by Tencent Games and Capcom
    OFFICIAL TRAILER:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1NKPkRM_ms4[/url]

[20130418 12:40](GMT+8) UPDATE5 DETAILS

1、Achieved with CryEngine3

2、Original gameplay with new monsters, old monsters come from 1 to 3 .

3、Can drive vehicles(there are water motors in the end of Promotional video)

4、Environment elements can be destroyed or be used as monster’s weapon to deal with hunters.

Not included in video but in their product description

5、the game world will be effected by weather, time and environments

6、Hunter’s weapon can leave scars on monsters, not only preinstall body parts break.

7、There are active skills in game, will not be used frequently but will play a important role in fight. Hunters can excute team combo skills.

8、New world ("unknown continent") with villages and cities

9、Beta test in 2013.6

[20130418 12:01](GMT+8) UPDATE4 OFFICIAL SITE HERE but it's in Chinese, I'm translating key points. And Yoshinori Ono is on their stage now. [url]http://mho.qq.com/act/a20130418gamedata/mho.shtml[/url]

[20130418 11:09](GMT+8) UPDATE3 LEAKED VIDEO [url]http://my.tv.sohu.com/user/detail/70950290.shtml[/url]

[20130418 9:30](GMT+8) UPDATE2 Yoshinori Ono: I come to Beijing is for Tencent's event. We will announce "that", that's really cost Chinese and Japanese developer's long time to develop. ([url]http://t.qq.com/onochin[/url])

[url]http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/freedomourne/CryEngine3%20remake%20MH/Itshappeningagain.jpg[/url]

[20130418 4:14](GMT+8)UPDATE Yoshinori Ono has arrived in Beijing. This hasn't been updated on twitter, but it's happening in his Tencent Weibo: [url]http://t.qq.com/p/t/251280129570041[/url]

[url]http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/freedomourne/CryEngine3%20remake%20MH/itshappening.jpg[/url]

He said: Long time no see! Beijing airpot. Beijing……em,It has been five or seven years since we last met.Because of it's a night flight, still didn't even feel the real Beijing, looking forward to tomorrow's event.

——

It's not a secret that Tencent (yes, dat rich Chinese company who bought entire Riot Games and half Epic Games) has been making a Monster Hunter game for years —— well it's a secret so far but not that much, cause almost everyone who been curious about this has already known it in China.

Now It's going to be released on April 18 (GMT+8), Tencent will announce many games (both developed and published) on that day, but the only one I care about is the Monster Hunter game the co-developed with Capcom.

Is Capcom really involved in? I don't really know but at least this is what Tencent will going to tell us. It is said that on April 18, Yoshinori Ono (小野義徳)will come to China to join Tencent’s press conference. Before this, Tencent already announced they will "publish" Monster Hunter Frontier (PC Version of course) on Tokyo Game Show 2010. It is said that Tencent think MHF need to be "localized" to suit Chinese MMO market, but at last they decided to totally remake this game by changing engine to CryEngine3. I don't know why they are not using Capcom's MT framework engine, but it is real.

My evidence? Before April 18 no one will hear some official announcement or comments from Tencent, but Tencent already release an official site of this game: [url]http://nextgen.qq.com/[/url]

It's a webpage based on flash so you can see nothing if you are using iOS device. On the top banner there is a progress bar from 4/8 to 4/18, from the left side, the Chinese Character means: The end\New Born(or Rebirth)\Apex\Feast\Beyond\Release, move your mouse to those icon with left click will change the page, then move your mouse to the middle-left and right of the picture below the progress bar will light the fire, after both fire are lighted the page will be lighten and a line of words will show below, characters are made by triangle but it's not hard to understand,

the first page said: 20040311, it's the first Monster Hunter game's release date,

the second page said: CryEngine3,

the third page said: MMOACT,

the forth page said: 2013041(maybe 8),

[url]http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/freedomourne/CryEngine3%20remake%20MH/capcom.jpg[/url]

the fifth page said: CAPCOM.(sorry but I am limited to using 4 images)

All page are with different background pictures. If you are familiar with Monster Hunter series you can tell what's on them. I have been playing the Japanese version so I don't know those villages or monster's English name.

Long time ago, there was a discussion on NeoGAF about the game,here's the link: [url]http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=484339[/url]

and here is the pic: [url]http://i.imgur.com/WhR8g.jpg[/url]

Now it's happening. Not that HunterBlade (rip off garbage), it's an official remake.

Since I can't play Monster Hunter new game on Vita, and I'm tired of playing 3G (Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, the Japanese version released on December 10, 2011, my playtime is over 300 hours), this is a good news for me (if Capcom really doing it).

I don't know the release date/beta test date or if Tencent and Capcom gonna publish the game on console or overseas market. But I will update this when I know it.

Last edited by Doppelgangerf; 04-20-2013 at 09:47 AM.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 04-17-2013, 03:46 AM

I want to believe.. this is my favorite game franchise, I would give up playing another game if I could go back an relive monster hunter 1's online again.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 04-17-2013, 03:58 AM

Send a message via AIM to Megazell Send a message via MSN to Megazell Send a message via Skype™ to Megazell

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thehiddencheese View Post
    I want to believe.. this is my favorite game franchise, I would give up playing another game if I could go back an relive monster hunter 1's online again.
    I had 2 other ppl I know say this but they never explained what was the deal with the game. This game also comes up a few times on my bots searchs for free games but I don't think it's legit. What was the draw to this game?
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 04-17-2013, 05:26 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Megazell View Post
    I had 2 other ppl I know say this but they never explained what What was the draw to this game?
    It's very niche, with hardcore action gameplay and excellent world design. Almost every level is about Boss Fight, the loot you got from boss fight is their bones, blood, tails, wings, claws, etc. With these you could make some awesome weapon. Your character cannot grow up, their ability is the same from beginning to end, the only one who grow from the game is the player. The learning progress of Monster Hunter game is a bit like OOXX Souls series, you need to die and die and die again to learn why this happen to you and how to avoid it. The core mechanism of MH didn't change much these years. I'm a huge fan of this from Monster Hunter 2 dos (on Playstation 2)to Monster Hunter 3G (on 3DS).
    The only thing I feel afraid that in the Tencent remake version is they may bring in some free to play elements and change the mechanism, like the character could level up with ability grow or weapons can be strengthened as much as you pay. Such F2P elements are very popular in Chinese MMO market.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 04-17-2013, 05:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to Megazell Send a message via MSN to Megazell Send a message via Skype™ to Megazell

^ You ever played the version on the PC? - Not sure if it's all emulator or standalone.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 04-17-2013, 06:10 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Megazell View Post
    ^ You ever played the version on the PC? - Not sure if it's all emulator or standalone.
    I played MH almost on all platform it exists, from PS2 to 3DS, even on Vita through PSN download version of 2G, except WiiU.
    There was a standalone version on PC —— Monster Hunter Frontier, It has been published in Taiwan but already dead (still living in Japan), when it's living I played it for about 1 week, then "Fuck why I didn't go back to PSP version".
    Monster Hunter Frontier is...well, too Japanese style, means it need to waste a lot of time to achieve even a little progress, the progress of game is too damn slow compared to PSP version. I just want to kill 300 hours in a MH game once, not 30000 hours.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 04-17-2013, 07:12 AM

Too add on to it, the community is great (not so much in 3). The feeling of coming into a town with all your hard earned gear you made, everyone asking you to go on a hunt with them, chilling at the bar playing the same drinking animations over and over.. man.. It's like you could chat it up all day in town, then go on a quest an switch to action mode, teamwork, and strategy.

I don't think another game will be as good to me as that one was. Tri was not near as good, it was well done, but idk. Something felt off. The lack keyboards, left the communication neigh, and It seemed like everyone used the Long Swords. I also hated how there could only be 4 people in one town. It was the worst mistake they made imo, when you can only have 4 people per quest, and only 4 in town. Your stuck with whos there, instead of choosing from 8. Also if one person refused to leave, you were screwed.

I still have my old save, 600+ hours. Wish I could extract the save to an emulator, and get some good screen shots.

Last edited by thehiddencheese; 04-17-2013 at 07:18 AM.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 04-17-2013, 09:01 AM

Monster hunter would kick ass on PC, I played it on my PS VITA unfortunately it seems the online there is pretty dead, either that or I'm too low lvl :P but I'd love to play it on pc with my mates, would be such a blast.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 04-17-2013, 12:50 PM

OK - I found some private servers for this - Going to give it a shot on Sunday.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 04-17-2013, 08:25 PM

Updated the thread with Yoshinori Ono has arrived in Beijing