Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > General Articles

#31   Report Post  
    Old 03-11-2013, 07:29 PM

Good points Enion.

Loot can be a pain in these older instances.

As to the speed we were going at. Yeah, it's not ideal. Even for an old firelands hand like myself, it was sometimes hard to follow the quick tactics of the fights. It's a problem. If Akee had taken more time to make sure everyone knew what was going on, we'd have probably only done 3 bosses.

Also 25 man was not ideal. It would have been better to have split into 10 man groups. But with only 2 tanks, and 3 healers, this was never going to happen.

Anyway, all should feel free to feedback as Akee and the rest of us can only adapt if we know how people feel
      #32   Report Post  
    Old 03-23-2013, 07:21 AM

Lots of raids yesterday. Only problem was that people got screwed by the 'You have entered too many instances' nonsense that should have been taken out of the game a long time ago. When doing these things in the future we need to be very careful that people do not enter instances until we are sure that the raid is set up correctly.

We started with Gruul and Magtheridon in Outland, neither of which caused us any problems. Some of us then went off to win Wintergrasp for the glory of the Horde whilst others cleared the trash and first boss in Icecrown. Everyone regrouped at Vault of Archavon. We didn't get any mounts but we did manage the slightly annoying 25-man 'Earth Wind and Fire' achievement. Next stop was Ruby Sanctum but by this point one person had hit the instance limit so we killed all but the last boss and then flew off to kill Onyxia.

Even more people had trouble getting into that instance and one person had killed it already so we reformed as a 10 man raid and killed her quickly to find no mount. Everyone then returned to Ruby Sanctum and we managed to get in to kill Halion. Several people died due to the dodgy mechanics but lots of people got the 25 man heroic Ruby Sanctum achievement along with some underwhelming loot. We quickly popped next door to 25 man Obsidium Sanctum to kill Sartharion and get a twilight drake for Olgit.

Several people left after that but the dedicated few proceeded to Sunwell Plateau where we slaughtered a bunch of felblood elves to save Azeroth from Kil'Jaeden the Deceiver and get the legendary bow for Littlesky. A handful of remaining raiders headed towards Blackwing Lair, but of course some weren't attuned so we had to do UBRS first, including a quick Leeeeeeeeeeeeeroy! achievement. Finally we smashed through Blackwing Lair, avoided any deaths on the second boss, got a Drakonid pet for Gluggie and killed Nefarian in the face. We removed his head and can only assume that it will be safely destroyed so that it cannot be stolen by Twilight Hammer and used to reanimate him.

Fun!
      #33   Report Post  
    Old 03-23-2013, 09:11 AM

Don't forget we also snuck into ICC to kill 2nd boss and get Full House achieve!

Sorry I had to bail half way through - sounds like you got lots done despite the instance lock out thingy.

NExt old school raid will be in a few weeks, I'm thinking Bastion of Twilight/ Blackrock Descent.
    Keep an eye on forums and in-game calendar for details!
      #34   Report Post  
    Old 03-23-2013, 10:31 AM
    Insane Moderator

Appreciated Akee.

Another thought I had, would be to create some 5 man dungeon team's for Cata heroic content. We kinda skip most of the dungeon's and never enter heroic's when leveling, so we miss a huge amount of achievement's. Would anyone else be intrested in this?
      #35   Report Post  
    Old 03-23-2013, 12:25 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olgit View Post
    Appreciated Akee.

Another thought I had, would be to create some 5 man dungeon team's for Cata heroic content. We kinda skip most of the dungeon's and never enter heroic's when leveling, so we miss a huge amount of achievement's. Would anyone else be intrested in this?
    I'd be up for it if I'm on when folk are about.

Dum spiro spero - While I breathe, I hope.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(Link)
      #36   Report Post  
    Old 03-24-2013, 02:21 PM

Nice write up Enion. All in all a lot was done.
    The instance lockout thing is such a stupid design in this day and age.With people farming old content for pets, mounts, transmog and achieves, you'd think Blizzard would have removed it.
    Nice to get some of the achieves done, especially the annoying Full House 25 man.