Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Awesome

#1   Report Post  
    Old 03-11-2013, 07:04 AM

Default Raid Report 10/03/13

Attendees:
    Tanks: Doom and Sark
    Healers: Sid, Archaz and Meki
    Melee: Somni
    Ranged: Zalid, Noheels, Acrylius and Aph

We had a very late start due to Sark and I being stuck in traffic, but in the 90 minutes we did raid we had quite a successful night.

We went straight to Garalon where we had a few attempts hitting the enrage and a few attempts where the healing wasn't quite up to scratch. After the break I moved some people around and Dan came and tanked for us. The DPS boost from moving people around was enough for us to finally kill Garalon and Doom won both bits of loot.

I was going to call it but Sark made us carry on which was just as well as we then went on to one shot Mel'jarack in a very clean kill. This boss really is very easy, I was certainly shocked at how straight forward he is compared to Garalon! I think Meki and Waloper got the loot.

Tuesday we will go and kill protectors and then it will either be a poke at amber shaper or back to the new raid. It depends who turns up and what healing and DPS set up we have. Worst case scenario will be an alt run to MSV.

Well done everyone, a nice short but very productive raid!

Last edited by Aphaeas; 03-11-2013 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Remembered new hunters name
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 03-11-2013, 07:39 PM

Look a raid report - we must have killed something
    Only kidding. We've been struggling to get a raid group together for a while, and with help from Epic we got some progression.

Was great to finally see Garalon go down. I still think we'll have issues in the future on that fight, but hopefully now he has been killed once, we'll be able to replicate it more consistently.

Mel'jarack was easy. Hardest part I found was having so many different targets to keep an eye on. Keeping a mob CCd, making sure the boss didn't get his buff (still not sure I got them all), and trying to find the correct target within the mass, made for a busy first phase. Was good to see no-one set off a wind bomb in phase 2 as well.

Grats to the ones who got loot.

Also welcome to Acrylius, who I had a chat to after the raid. Hopefully I put his mind at rest over a few things, but a shame he will not be able to attend on a regular basis due to work.

Thanks again to Team Epic for helping us out.

Last edited by Zalid; 03-11-2013 at 07:41 PM.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 03-11-2013, 09:54 PM

Location: Most boring and coldest country in the world. Sweden!

Awsome raid guys.... Specially since i got my tier gloves
    I went to HoF tonight with Team Win who where nice enough to have me. We had no issue on Mel'jarack either.
    However Un´sok is a different thing. We managed to get him down to 10% if i remember correctly.
    The most important thing in this fight is that everyone needs to know what to do when they get "possesed".
    It is not as easy as in LFR where you can mess up and count on someone else to make it right... haha.
    I really think that everyone needs to learn this fight by watching this guide : [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzfCS6_bYEA[/url]
    The fight can be more frustrating than Garalon, since there are more machanics to consider and everyone needs to be aware of them, since you dont know who will be "possesed". What Team Win did that isnt seen i the tutorial above, is that they had one ranged (me) only working on the oozes that spawn and the rest of the raid on the boss or the tank that gets "possesed". It will be hard for uss in the beggining there is no doubt, but it would make everything easier if everyone would take a look at the tutorial before we actually try it. Just to be fimiliar with whats going on. When i am doing LFR on this boss, i really have no idea what i was doing, i was just spamming all buttuons i could, and mostly it worked. But it does NOT work on normal mode. Anyway i think we got an AWSOME team (hence the name ) and i am sure we will get it done in time. Thank you Team Win for having me and i hope to do some more raids with you.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 03-12-2013, 07:40 AM

Being transformed is easy, you need to hit the interrupt button when you see your cast bar, hit the boss (or large add) as often as you can and make sure you keep your stacks up by eating a puddle every now and then.

It is a fairly straight forward fight (kill adds, kill transformed people, hit boss, hit big add) but it will be another DPS check.

I always recommend the Fat Boss or Icy veins guides. I don't use Fat Boss myself as I find it difficult to watch tactics videos, I much prefer to read guides like Icy Veins which give a written description. It is all personal opinion.

I hadn't written a raid report in a while as I have been so busy but killing 2 bosses in one night seemed like a good reason to make time. Looking forward to another good raid tonight!
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 03-12-2013, 09:42 AM

Also, if any of Win want to join us tonight you will be welcome. Depending on the team it will be protectors followed by either amber shaper or the new raid.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 03-12-2013, 04:10 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zalid View Post
    Thanks again to Team Epic for helping us out.
    'Cough' and little old me.....Looks highly likely i'll be rejoining guild shortly as this lot have imploded and arn't raiding. I'll give them a little more time, as i'm that kinda guy. However i'll probably be available tonight.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 03-12-2013, 04:59 PM

Sorry Sid. Keep forgetting little old you
    Come on back, you know you want to