Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Off topic

#81   Report Post  
    Old 02-17-2013, 06:53 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cartoon Head View Post
    You know? i have never heard that before so googled it and by god, it is true, you really do learn something new every day.

No it's not true.

I have seen the QI episode in question, I've also seen the stuff on the web. But it's a hoax it's not true, it's an experiment it what they can make people believe.

It's not true, oranges are orange.
      #82   Report Post  
    Old 02-17-2013, 09:58 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stopngo View Post
    No it's not true.

I have seen the QI episode in question, I've also seen the stuff on the web. But it's a hoax it's not true, it's an experiment it what they can make people believe.

It's not true, oranges are orange.
    considering I was told this long before the QI episode by a gardener I'm more inclined to believe them.
      #83   Report Post  
    Old 02-18-2013, 07:32 AM

Last night we watched "Signs". I really like that movie, and I like being scared in that kind of way.....without gore.
      #84   Report Post  
    Old 02-18-2013, 08:07 AM

Apparently Carrots used to be purple.
      #85   Report Post  
    Old 02-18-2013, 09:00 AM

carrots have been a few different colours.

anyway ended up watching zombieland again last night still a good movie. just hope they can make the TV show work as well.
      #86   Report Post  
    Old 02-18-2013, 09:07 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    considering I was told this long before the QI episode by a gardener I'm more inclined to believe them.
    Oh you were told by a gardener wereyou?..Cool, you've got qualified people telling you what to think then... It didn't occur to you to look at an orange and check it's colour for yourself..It hasn't occurred to you then to actually think for yourself.

I come from Australia. I grew up in South Australia, where the primary industries are Wine, Steel and Oranges. I lived in a town called Renmark for several years. All they did was grow oranges..It was an entire citrus producing region, they call it 'The Riverland' and my whole memory block from that time is stealing oranges with my little friends and gorging ourselves on the banks of the river Murray..

You ever been to Spain Beli-end? If so you've probably got memories yourself of Orange Orchards? Wouldn't that be more reliable than believing every tiny little bit of propaganda and disinformation they bombard you with?

a few years ago we had a little break on the Amalfi Coast in Italy, it's got a spectacular cost road there.I wished I had a topgear car... There are little beautiful little towns down there with orange trees in full 'orange' fruit growing on the main shopping street

I don't need a 'gardener' or a fat fucking TV queer to tell me what colour Oranges are.

and neither do you...
      #87   Report Post  
    Old 02-18-2013, 09:36 AM

to be honest... it would beg the question why anyone would name a fruit that wasn't orange... an orange...

and if they did.... i want to buy them a beer for being the worlds best troll,

-------
    An irreverent look at gaming, and film; www.TheFunTurret.com
      #88   Report Post  
    Old 02-18-2013, 09:58 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Spatula View Post
    to be honest... it would beg the question why anyone would name a fruit that wasn't orange... an orange...

and if they did.... i want to buy them a beer for being the worlds best troll,
    they were still orange inside, but the reason they show orange in some countries is due to the growing process and most firms pull them off the tree as soon as they go orange, because they know people won't buy green skinned oranges as they are fooled into thinking they are actually unripe by how other fruit ripens, but for an orange they can actually be entirely green and fully ripe. they actually go green to protect them self from the sun, they bring the chlorophyll to the surface protecting the fruit from the sun and the effort from the plant that would other wise be used to make the skin orange actually stays inside the orange making the fruit sweeter.

but the simple fact is there is no such thing as a wild orange, they are a hybrid plant that has been changed over the years (just like carrots) to give a result that people would want. but the fact remains and entirely green skinned orange can be just as ripe as brightly coloured orange one and the majority of the time the green one will actually taste better. it's all to do with the climate they are grown in, then the green ones are recoloured to sell them because they know people won't buy a green a orange.
      #89   Report Post  
    Old 02-18-2013, 10:13 AM

Wait... what?! A zombieland TV show?! A quest to find Twinkies during the Apocolypse?!

If this happens, I really, really hope they find a miserable bunch of survivors moping around a prison. (Only just started watching Series 3 of Walking Dead).
      #90   Report Post  
    Old 02-18-2013, 01:10 PM

Watched a few movies yesterday.

The Master - about the creator of Scientology. wow! i normally love P.T. Anderson's movies but this was...well it wasn't a bad movie, the actors were great. it was just strange. maybe cause i don't get the whole scientology thing. it was weird.

Why Stop Now - had the kid from that Facebook movie in it. he is some kind of musical genius and is trying to get his mom into rehab. it was okay.

Looking 4 Indie bundles? http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker