Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Win

#1   Report Post  
    Old 02-04-2013, 08:33 PM

Default raid report 4/2/13

Sorry but the log file got corrupted
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 02-04-2013, 09:52 PM

It's best if no one ever knows about what happened.
    Report up tomorrow evening, (or afternoon if I get snowed in)/
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 02-05-2013, 07:32 AM

The two issues I see are:

1) Non-tanks getting hit by Swipe - This is is easy to fix, the kiter and healer need to stand further in front of him.

2) High Crush damage on non-tanks - This seemed to affect Barks and Dooks the most, they were taking 3 times as much damage as all the other non-tanks. My guess is that Crush does more damage it you are in front of him although it does not say that in the dungeon journal. "Crush – Garalon crushes his foes, inflicting 75000 Physical damage to all players."

Realm First! Zen Master Cook - 25th Sep 2012

Last edited by Bimble; 02-05-2013 at 07:38 AM.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 02-05-2013, 08:28 AM

on raid:
    goffik, steel, wyrmy, barks, dooks, ayumis, bimble, jecaa, gluggie, thorilin

leegund and bullshifter in half way through

Started on HoF - think we all were looking forwad to making some progress here, but for some reason we were much further off than we were on thursday.
    Worse, it wasn't immediately obvious what we weer doing wrong.
    We seemed tp be taking significantly more damage - never got past 30% boss health, an the healers were running on fumes throughout.
    Spent 90 minutes on it, but I coudnt see anthing we were doing wrong, so rather than beat our head against it, we switched to MSV.
    Cleared up to Elegon, got some loots, including dagger for thorilin, so it was pretty good.
    AM hoping on thursda we can tacklle garalon again and see if we're a bit smoother - if anyone has any ideas let me know.

In the meantime, tonight (tuesday) Awesome might be doing MSV and have space for a couple of alts - for those of you who mentioned bringing alts last night this might be your chance!
    I wont be on tonight of tomorrow for LFR, but i'll be back on thursday to smack HoF again!
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 02-05-2013, 11:54 AM

I doubt ill have time to get ingame before thursday but should be around if you want some Paladin love!!
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 02-05-2013, 12:03 PM

Yes, Awesome would love some little helpers tonight if there is anyone around.

We might go to MSV (a chance to boost your alts), we may go to HOF, I know you are saved. Or if the team are really nice to me I have a Garalon lockout they can have and maybe we can get a Awesome/Win colloboration to kill Garalon. It all depends who is online and what set up we have.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 02-05-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aphaeas View Post
    Yes, Awesome would love some little helpers tonight if there is anyone around.

We might go to MSV (a chance to boost your alts), we may go to HOF, I know you are saved. Or if the team are really nice to me I have a Garalon lockout they can have and maybe we can get a Awesome/Win colloboration to kill Garalon. It all depends who is online and what set up we have.
    Only alt I have to raid with is the mage, and he really does dreadful dps (note: he does, not me - I'm awesome), but Barks is obviously available for Garalon
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 02-05-2013, 06:35 PM

hey guys, just browsing pcgamer and noticed there was a pcgamer guild, im a daily wow player for the past 2 years.

Anyway I noticed you guys are stuck on garalon, our guild just downed him about 2 weeks ago we were stuck on him about 3 weeks.

This fight came down to beating the enrage timer so you need a lot of dps. What we did was have 2 tanks and 2 ranged do the phenormones. We had 3 heals with one priest or shammy healer doing dps as well as healing.

This fight also helps if you have extra melee dps due to the buff they get within the dotted circles. we put priority on the back legs, and the 2 front legs the tanks/ranged handled and melee would sometimes help if the legs were easy to get to. When no front legs were up the ranged was always on Garalon. The key is minimize your down time of not doing dps, as melee you can run towards a leg and attack.

We were switching phenormones after 20 stacks, anything above that starts doing tons of raid wide damage. We only killed this guy because no one died so our dps was on him the whole time. everything has to go perfectly and your dps has to be on their "A" game.

I think we had about 4 people doing around 90k+ dps...and 3 others doing around at least 40K plus. if you average all 10 players you need to do 50k dps (average) to beat enrage.

Lastly it always helps each person look at their individual glyphs/talents for this fight and adjust accordingly.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 02-06-2013, 07:07 PM

Probably not an ideal solution, but if I understand the mechanics correctly it might reduce healing: what if we have 5 kiters and swap on about 15 stacks? We are ranged-heavy anyway and I don't think we would lose all the much DPS because it is only during the exchange that we would be losing out. This should mean that the raid damage from pheromones would be reduced and hopefully the healers would be less sad.

The extra degree of coordination would probably hurt us more than anything but it might work.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 02-06-2013, 09:55 PM

Don't forget. The more you swap, the more crushes he does. So you need to work out which is better for the team.
    I'm sure you just had an off night on Monday, and will get him down soon.