Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

#21   Report Post  
    Old 01-30-2013, 06:52 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by doctor_roxo View Post
    just checked their desura page and it seems people are a bit ticked off at the dev's. seems the desura version is a few updates behind the version of the PZ forums. seems strange especially that steam has already greenlit this game [one of the first to be greenlit if i recall]. hope they get it sorted out.
    The Forums indicate a new 3.0 version is coming in February, as well as a Steam version. I think I will wait for Steam - just easier to manage updates for this sort of thing.
      #22   Report Post  
    Old 01-30-2013, 11:06 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nausicaa View Post
    So, how is the game at this point?
    Well RC3 is getting ready for release which will fix tons of bugs, add a whole new map, backpacks, reworked npcs, and a ton of other stuff. It will be release somewhat soon meaning in the next month or so but no one knows when because the devs don't give ETAs anymore. I would say wait till then as right now it's a mess and I'm just waiting till it's released before I play again.
      #23   Report Post  
    Old 01-31-2013, 03:25 AM

If it's gonna get released on Steam I'll just wait for that. Will I be able to use the one i got on Desura or will I have to purchase another?
      #24   Report Post  
    Old 01-31-2013, 08:17 AM

The most recent build (v.020 RC5) is available off the forums for purchasers [URL="http://theindiestone.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=9404"]here[/URL]

I'm not sure what everyone is meaning when they say they've lost access to their games. As long as you've got a Desura or google purchase key you can just download the latest build straight off the forums.

The Desura build is rather old, and the devs have stated on a number of occasions that they wish it was more in-line with the forum build, but they don't want a buggy build on Desura, given that is where the majority of 'new' players come from. From what's been said, I'd be expecting the Desura build to be updated in line with the Steam release, which is expected (no definite dates given) to hit around late February.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Funkosapien View Post
    If it's gonna get released on Steam I'll just wait for that. Will I be able to use the one i got on Desura or will I have to purchase another?
    "Yes, everyone who bought the game before the game hit Steam will receive a Steam key for free.

Those keys will most likely be provided with the help of Desura."

Last edited by Cirius; 01-31-2013 at 08:22 AM.
      #25   Report Post  
    Old 01-31-2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Funkosapien View Post
    i've heard that if you have bought the game from anywhere, you'll get a free steam key. most games seem to be doing this. i got a free miner wars 2081 steam key. but until they do it, we'll just have to wait and see.

Looking 4 Indie bundles? http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker