Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Awesome

#1   Report Post  
    Old 01-25-2013, 07:39 AM

Default Raid Report 24/01/13

Attendees:
    Tanks: Slim and Doom
    Healers: Sid, Vod and Archaz
    Melee: Mekí
    Ranged: Zalid, Noheels, Atissa and Aph

Well, thank you for making it even harder for me to leave with such a lovely raid last night! I hate you all!

We had a very late start as we had two people on trial and we were sorting out Vent etc but we decided to break the new people in gently by going to MSV normal and clearing as much as we could. I had Atissa use her os dps for the night as we seem to have an abundance of healers right now (which is a good thing).

Stone guards, Fend and Spirit Binder were all one shots. Spirit Kings took us a few attempts but only because we paniced in the final phase with lots of stuff happening. I thought this was as far as we would get but seeing as we still had an hour left we went to try Elegon. Elegon was a one shot, which took me by complete surprise. I then wanted to quit whilst we were ahead but a couple of people persuaded me to give Will a go. Just as well they did as that was also a one shot.

Well done everyone last night. Despite the fact that we had 2 people who hadn't really raided with us before we did very well. In fact it was one of our better nights, clearing MSV in 2 hours. Atissa and Mekí were both very impressive last night and I can't see us having any issues bringing them into the team.

Sunday we will be moving onto Heart of Fear. I want to try and get Zor'lock and tornado guy down as quickly as we can so we can get some more work done on Garalon. We were very close last week.

Make sure you look up tactics for Garalon again, bring potions and flasks etc. I want to see him die this week.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 01-25-2013, 03:49 PM

sounds like a really smooth run - we've found that once your dps is up a bit, Elegon is much easier than it is when you're learning it, and once tanks/melee have worked out the Combo on Will, there isn't much to the fight.
    Sounds like you have more healers than you know what to do with
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 01-25-2013, 03:51 PM

Elegon is normally fine but with 2 new people who have never stepped foot in normal MSV before I thought their DPS would mean we struggled a bit with the orbs. Turns out they were absolutely fine though!
    Will is just chaotic for those who haven't done it before and we had our new paladin tank the strength which she instantly took to.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 01-25-2013, 05:00 PM

Quote:
    I thought their DPS would mean we struggled a bit with the orbs.
    orbs got nerfed into the floor around xmas, along with a few other things on elegon.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 01-25-2013, 08:46 PM

Must admit it was a much better raid than I was expecting.
    Having no Jasper chains up was a nice start, as was one-shotting so many bosses.
    When we had the hickups on Spirit Kings I thought that would be the end of the night, but the remainder of the night was great. Even if Slim did manage to wipe us on the trash before Elegon

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aphaeas View Post
    Will is just chaotic for those who haven't done it before and we had our new paladin tank the strength which she instantly took to.
    I tried my darnest to make it hard for her by pulling them off her a few times. Luckily I was in the right position (due to my past experience tanking them), so they did not move far. Also I managed to pick up the strength during the final burn phase as things were getting a little chaotic at that point and it was roaming around looking for the healers

But considering it was their first look at MSV normal (I know Atissa got to see some of the fights last week), they did really well to pick up most of the tactics. I think Atissa knows now not too run with a Rage to where the bosses are though

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    orbs got nerfed into the floor around xmas, along with a few other things on elegon.
    I believe the nerf did not get applied till January sometime. I'm also not sure what they have nerfed and by how much, as I never saw any patch notes about it. It does seem that the orb health may have been reduced, but hard to say as I have now gone Arcane which is great on the orbs.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 01-25-2013, 08:53 PM

Quote:
    I believe the nerf did not get applied till January sometime. I'm also not sure what they have nerfed and by how much, as I never saw any patch notes about it. It does seem that the orb health may have been reduced, but hard to say as I have now gone Arcane which is great on the orbs.
    the hot fix got put in about Xmas but didn't work properly till the servers reset first week in January. the haste on the spark draw got nerfed so they move considerably slow (was a common failure) they nerfed the protectors spawn times so they spawn less, and they made some add hit for considerably less, was possibly the ones that spawn when the towers die.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 01-25-2013, 09:25 PM

Mogu'shan Vaults
    Elegon
    In the normal mode version of this encounter, Cosmic Sparks will deal less melee damage, Elegon will now use Materialize Protector less often, and the Overloaded effect that Elegon gains when an Empyreal Focus is destroyed now grants significantly less haste.

thats only one i could find it was on 21st dec
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 01-25-2013, 10:02 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Vodanda View Post
    Mogu'shan Vaults
    Elegon
    In the normal mode version of this encounter, Cosmic Sparks will deal less melee damage, Elegon will now use Materialize Protector less often, and the Overloaded effect that Elegon gains when an Empyreal Focus is destroyed now grants significantly less haste.

thats only one i could find it was on 21st dec
    Thanks Vod. Must have missed those notes.