Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Win

#1   Report Post  
    Old 01-10-2013, 09:37 PM

Default 10/1/13 Raid report & log

[URL="http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/dhvep48loootlnm3/dashboard/"]Logs logs logs[/URL]
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 01-10-2013, 09:52 PM

Damn the logs said I did 53khps on the second fight but my skada said 82k, thats a damn shame! Inclined to believe my skada tho as I went a bit mad as its easy to on that fight cause of all the damage sources.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 01-11-2013, 11:47 AM

on raid:
    Jecca, Barkhoof, Psyke, Goffik, Thorilin, Seffora

rotated in/out:
    Ayumis, Gluggie, Bimble, Steelhide, Rossferatu, Dooks

sat out:
    Bullshifter, Wyrmy.

We went to MSV for a warm-up and so our rogues could maybe get some daggers off the Stone Guard. 1 wipe due to a healer disconnect and us being rubbish.
    Think Ross got a dagger from his bonus roll - grtz Ross!

Went from there to HoF for the first time.
    Zorlok went down on our first attempt - the only thing that was an issue was the attenuation - we lost half the raid to it but by then the boss was down to 15% and we were well ahead of the enrage, so we 5-manned it (I say 'we' but I was the first to die).
    Am hoping next time we can get it down more smoothly.

Tayak was a bit tougher - first attempt we got to the wind tunnel phase, but immediatley died. We tweaked things so our healers would have a chance of keeping us alive - holy pally and resto shaman not the best at healing on the run
    After that we had a few silly wipes, but got it down on our 5th or 6th go - again with only 5 players alive - 5-man is the new 10-man!

I think LFR has been helpful in learning these fights - although the numbers are much tougher, the mechanics were nearly identical - in MSV LFR you didnt need to watch the mechanics at all so there wasn't much to be learned.

Overall very good - 2 new bosses down in 1 night. And we welcome Seffora to the raid team - we've had some great hunters raid with us in the past, and it's nice to have a new one, even if his Ventrilo-skills are lacking

on monday we'll be hitting GARALON and, if he dies, the next boss (the one with all the adds) so read up!

also - update your boss mods!
    and - make sure you bring consumablessss
    and - double check your loot table for first 2 bosses in MSV - then i'll know if it's worth going there again. Remember now we're in HoF we get better loot
    finally - thanks for understanding when i ask you to sit-out. Having a larger roster is great as it means the raid team doenst miss a raid, but obviously I have to rotate folks in/out.
    P.S. ICC/DS run this saturday, 7:30!
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 01-11-2013, 12:53 PM

Gtz on the kills!

Good luck on Monday with Garalon.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 01-11-2013, 01:36 PM

Impressive performance but not a big surprise as we probably over gear these with gear from MSV, LFR (tier) and Valor.

Something is seriously up with Fire, I know they added a nerf but my DPS is shocking. Looks like I'm going to have to investigate Frost or Arcane... to be continued!

Realm First! Zen Master Cook - 25th Sep 2012
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 01-11-2013, 02:28 PM

Gz all....
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 01-11-2013, 02:39 PM

Nice work gang.

Still some good legs for me off Stone Dogs (also chest from Elegon but I don't suggest we keep grinding MSV that far). Maybe Stone Dogs is still worth it as a warm-up at least until Thorilin gets his stabbers upgraded?
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 01-11-2013, 04:05 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bimble View Post
    Something is seriously up with Fire, I know they added a nerf but my DPS is shocking. Looks like I'm going to have to investigate Frost or Arcane... to be continued!
    The raidbots say people are going arcane these days almost topping the charts after those pesky warlocks.

Was a fun night and a welcome change from MSV, looking forward to the bug of many legs!
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 01-11-2013, 10:33 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bimble View Post
    Quick guide to arcane to top meters.

Rune of power.
    Mage bomb - I like LB because you can cleave using glyph of fire blast. and 1s GCD.

Stack AB to 6.
    Use AB, AM and scorch. As many AB's as possible while keeping your mana high.
    Keep your AB at 6 stacks as much as possible - in some fights this is all fight.

Use arcane power at 6 stacks when you're not going to have to move.

Use alter time ideally when you have arcane power, 6 AB stacks, high mana and 2 AM procs up. Then fire off 1 AM, 1 AB, 1 AM, reset with Abarr. During bloodlust or big haste procs you can squeeze in another AB. After that alter time kicks in and sends you back to full mana, 6 AB stacks and 2 charges of AM.

Mirror image more or less whenever you want.

Mana gems are handy to use around the time you are using CDs either so you top your mana back up before the CD, or so you can burn through a bit spamming AB during the CD.

Post 5.2 scorch weaving is dead and you reset your AB stacks when your mana starts to drop. The ideal timing is so that your mana never quite hits max, but also doesn't drop too low. This changes based on your haste, so is just something to get used to.

5.2 Invoc weaving might be viable, people are still working it out.

Last edited by Klogaroth; 01-11-2013 at 10:40 PM.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 01-14-2013, 08:17 AM

Klog, thanks for that I'll give it a go this week.

Realm First! Zen Master Cook - 25th Sep 2012