Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Awesome

#11   Report Post  
    Old 01-05-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    Am I right in thinking a lot of disc healing is shields? I was finding a lot of the time I had nothing to heal lol, only on the heavy damage phases... kinda liked it ;D
    Disc is all about damage 'PREVENTION' so you dont have to heal (shields).

I am mainly using Smite and Penance (atonement) healing and only using spirit shell and prayer of healing spam when i know a big dmg phase is incoming (Example is Empress disc explosion)

Disc is majorly over powered atm as just spamming smite and penance can rack up 80k hps :S - OP
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 01-05-2013, 12:43 PM

It obviously works but when you have one healer shielding the shit out of everyone it leaves the rest of us with not a lot to do I guess a lot of this is down to us bring overgeared for the encounters we did last night. On a harder encounter the disc priest wouldnt be able to keep up on his own so much.
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 01-05-2013, 01:03 PM

alot of pray of healing for the devine agis was shielding alot and poh heals each target for 30-50k each and shield tanks and just throwing in a few other spells now and then, gara was abit hard as with you being in totems all time i had to do alot of healing aswell as sheilds
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 01-05-2013, 02:34 PM

I know I'm not in Team Awesome, but I can't resist a mention of Disco Priests...

We're a bit OP at the moment, because Spirit Shell (a spell that turns our main heals into purely shields, castable once per minute) benefits from Mastery, which means (as long as there's going to be enough damage to use up most of the shielding) it's ludicrously more effecient to shield big AoE spikes than to heal them up. In 5.2, Spirit Shell won't benefit from Mastery, so whether to shield or heal will depend more on the encounter, instead of being automatic.

Because Divine Aegis is automatic from PoH, and will still benefit from mastery, it's likely that you'll save Spirit Shell for BIG aoe spikes, and simply use a couple of PoHs on each group in advance of smaller damage periods.

The changes may also mean that crit becomes even more important to discos; we'll have to see some theorycrafting first though.

At the moment, on the easier encounters, a disco priest shielding well can leave the other healer(s) with little to do. On the hardest ones, shielding ahead of some of the big AoE can mean that players survive long enough for the other healers to heal them back to full, which is how disco used to work so well with druids etc. in Cata.

Yay for Disco!

Last edited by Darieth; 01-05-2013 at 02:37 PM.
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 01-05-2013, 03:57 PM

I was going to level an Enhancement shaman, but I think I need a priest. 3 heal specs and a tank spec across 2 characters? Lovely.
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 01-05-2013, 04:07 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    I was going to level an Enhancement shaman, but I think I need a priest. 3 heal specs and a tank spec across 2 characters? Lovely.
    You forgot the 2 dps specs as well
    If only we had triple-specs
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 01-05-2013, 04:37 PM

The only dps spec across every class that appeals to me I think is Enhancement, so i'd probably never use Shadow, and most definately not Retribution aha. I think it's psycological... I see you DPS spoons messing everything up and I feel it'd turn me into one of you
      #18   Report Post  
    Old 01-05-2013, 07:35 PM

Enhance is awesome i played one all cata and really enjoyed it best melee class i ever played