Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Planetside 2 > Planetside 2 UK

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
      #1   Report Post  
    Old 12-28-2012, 02:04 AM

Default Easy to use commands.

Planetside 2 is not the easiest game to get into and can be quite intimidating for the uninitiated.
    For that reason I'll relay a few commands you may or may not know.

/o Outfit chat
    /s Squad chat
    /p Platoon chat
    /tell [name] A whisper to a specific person
    {backspace} A reply tell to the last person
    /say Chat within a certain area
    /yell Chat within a region that can also be seen by all empires (not recommended when giving orders!)
    /order Only usable by a squad leader with the squad leader chat cert. A continent wide order that can only be used every 15 mins; visible to everyone of that empire.
    /leader Only usable by a squad leader as above. A server wide order that is unlimited in use. Only visible to squad leaders.

Keybinds:
    Q Spot: places a mark on an enemy that others can see. Grants a bonus to the initial spotter if that enemy is killed. (spam it!)
    R Reload
    E Use: Hack terminals,enter/exit vehicles etc. Most tend to rebind this key to something else to leave vehicles/aircraft as it is too close to the reload key and can make you leave that vehicle at the most inopportune time!
    G Grenades. (Choose loadouts separately if you have numerous grenade types to choose from).
    TAB Gives a running score of your game so far, with Kill to Death ratio (K/D) and your specific score in your current region.
    Function keys (F1 - F12). Used to change places when in vehicles. Will ask the current incumbent to swap seats if you hit the key corresponding to their seat. Greedy gunners beware!

Any other easy to understand hints or tips, please post/message me and I'll amend as appropriate.

End of Broadcast

Steam ID: Jakhara

Follow me on Twitter: Jakhara1

PCG's PS2 Outfit on Steam: Here

Last edited by Jakhara; 01-14-2013 at 11:47 PM.