Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > 25 Man Raid Team

#11   Report Post  
    Old 08-28-2010, 11:36 AM

Couple of quick questions (as I prob wont hit 25 main raids in Wrath)

1) Does this apply to 25 mans only?
    2) How do you see this working for Cat when 25/10 man will be the same? (I know this might be a bit early to ask that question)

Hope if works well
    An
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 08-28-2010, 12:03 PM

It only applies to our 25-man progression raids, which are currently called Team Donkey.

It will operate in Cata, though we haven't sorted the specifics yet.
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 08-28-2010, 02:37 PM

This is in my opinion an excellent idea as there have been several issues regarding who gets into progression raids. This will also allow guildies to see who may be approached for advice with their class.
    With the changes in Cata where you will only be able to go to either the 10 man or 25 man raid, people are going to have to decide which is suitable for them. This kind of list will allow raid leaders to see whether 25 man raiding is actually feasible come cata.
    What are the plans regarding Team Donkey raiding nights ? Monday seems to be the Team Donkey night now. Is that going to continue, or will Sunday Team Donkey return ?
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 08-28-2010, 02:39 PM

Sunday has been on the last few weeks now, at first was just doing RS and then it went to doing RS and making a start on ICC so can get to the better bosses.
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 08-28-2010, 03:04 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    Sunday has been on the last few weeks now, at first was just doing RS and then it went to doing RS and making a start on ICC so can get to the better bosses.
    True, though it seemed to be only to get Arthas down again for those who had missed it the first time. Was wondering whether Sunday was going to continue to be regular as it fits into my work schedule better than Mondays.

Actually your response has made me think of another question. Will Raid Ready status members get priority over others for Ruby Sanctum ?
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 08-28-2010, 03:25 PM

RS is ran under the same team so it looks likely, you have to think it is roughly on the same level as the LK.
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 08-28-2010, 04:55 PM

As last week's signups were so good, I've posted both a Sunday and a Monday Donkey run this week. If we start to struggle, we can scale back to one night, but 2 gives me more chance to include everyone, and we're now capable of clearing most heroic bosses, given time.

From Sunday Week, any raid that I post as 'Progression' will be following the Raid Wing procedure. I will make it very clear in the raid description that 'Raid Ready' characters have priority. It is likely that RS will be added onto one of the two Donkey nights, and so the rules will apply there, too.
      #18   Report Post  
    Old 08-29-2010, 07:42 AM

Thanks for the clarification
      #19   Report Post  
    Old 08-29-2010, 10:25 AM

Just to say, that Klog has made a very sensible point; its no good granting a huge number of warrior tanks or priest healers 'Raid Ready' status, and telling them they can all expect to raid most of the time. For a start, that would by lying, and also it'll take forever to get them all geared.

You'll see on the Raid Wing list that certain classes and roles are 'closed' once we have enough. This is to help us maintain a sensible balance, and to be used as a guide. If there is an outstanding application from one of these roles, we will look again at the existing members and whether they can be accommodated, but we're likely to be much more strict over those sort of applications, so it is a guide for you, also; if we have too many of one role, consider a respec or one of your imba alts as your main raider.
      #20   Report Post  
    Old 08-29-2010, 11:30 AM

It's also worth noting that "closed" isn't permanent.

In a few weeks I might decide I want to run off and join the circus, urumqi might get abudcted by aliens, narci might develop an unhealthy addiction to minesweeper, soughtafter could win the lottery and go on a year long round the world trip, sarkris might decide to steal a tank and invade paris, and danatheron could be called upon by his mates jack and elron to get the band back together.

People's circumstances change all the time, people change their main, people migrate to other games. I'd be very shocked if by the end of tier 11 we had the same characters as now in the raid wing. At the very least I expect a few people will get all excited about a new class and change main.